Thread: Om vs Monmouth NIT

vCash

Om vs Monmouth NIT

Watching game on tv and baseball on iPad. Anyway, it's under 8 mins to go in the 2nd half and OM has 2 fouls and Monmouth has 1. If we had these refs, we might've gotten postseason.

vCash
    New rule............
    Fouls were reset at the half way point of the half.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by West Tn Dawg View Post
    New rule............
    Fouls were reset at the half way point of the half.
    Ahhh... I knew it was weird to see that few fouls

vCash
    what channel?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    what channel?
    Espn2... rebs prob gonna win

vCash
    I guess I don't understand the NIT structure. Why is a 5 seed playing a 4 seed in the first round?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I guess I don't understand the NIT structure. Why is a 5 seed playing a 4 seed in the first round?
    1v8
    2v7
    3v6
    4v5

vCash
    OK ... just 8 teams. Thanks.

Looks like the next game is Richmond vs Alabama. I thought Bama should've been an NCAA team.

vCash
    Alabama has the worst looking basketball floor I've ever seen. It's painful to watch on television, and probably worse in person.

vCash
    Alabama has the worst looking basketball floor I've ever seen. It's painful to watch on television, and probably worse in person.
    You've never seen Oregon's then

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    You've never seen Oregon's then
    Don't think I have but it's easy to imagine, based on everything else they do.

Just looked it up ... finally figured out those are trees on the floor. Pretty bad.

vCash
    So Johnson has taken NIT talent to the NIT and lost in the first round both times. Basically what Anthony Grant also did.

vCash
    If you zone Alabama and stop them driving to the basket, you shut them down. That's exactly what Richmond did. It's idiotic to play man to man against them:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    If you zone Alabama and stop them driving to the basket, you shut them down. That's exactly what Richmond did. It's idiotic to play man to man against them:
    The man-to-man versus zone argument is a precarious one. Man-to-man is what pro prospects need to play and the majority of them seek it out to better prepare themselves for the NBA. Very few teams with elite talent play zone because of this. However, a well executed zone D can really throw some teams off.

I think Howland stance on man-to-man is ok for us, as I'd rather recruit elite, NBA types.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    The man-to-man versus zone argument is a precarious one. Man-to-man is what pro prospects need to play and the majority of them seek it out to better prepare themselves for the NBA. Very few teams with elite talent play zone because of this. However, a well executed zone D can really throw some teams off.

I think Howland stance on man-to-man is ok for us, as I'd rather recruit elite, NBA types.
    While I agree with this I also think it is beneficial to mix in some zone every now and then. Throwing different looks at offenses can really mess with their rhythm. I'd like to see us do a half court trap and drop back into a 2-3 every once in a while. Or do a 2-3 and trap every time the ball goes to the corner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post

Man to man is the hardest defense for freshmen to learn and everyone has to be on the same page with great communication on off ball and on ball switches along with when to double the post. As you saw this year, we struggled mightily with our man to man but could have benefited from playing zone against teams such as Alabama and South Carolina where their only chance of scoring is on the inside. Playing zone this past year could have gotten us a few more wins and made our fans at least feel better about ourselves.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    1v8
    2v7
    3v6
    4v5
    OK ... just 8 teams. Thanks.

Looks like the next game is Richmond vs Alabama. I thought Bama should've been an NCAA team.
    No there's 4 brackets with 8 teams each in the tournament. 32 total teams.