Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tomorrow's starter?

vCash

Tomorrow's starter?

Did Cann announce who it would be today? Is it self or is he injured?

vCash
    Self is hurt. They don't think it's serious but personally I'm worried. I'm not sure who starts tomorrow- my guess would be Jacob Barton but it could be anyone other than Pilkington, Plumlee, Billingsley, or anyone that is hurt.

vCash
    I just went through the lineup to figure out who hasn't pitched major innings this weekend and is healthy and the only guys i got are Mahoney and Rigby (and he still might be hurt). Tomorrow is going to be a Johnny wholestaff and a BETTER win because Arkansas Pine-Bluff is one of those RPI killers that you obviously can't lose to and also sent our 2015 season down the shitter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw Dawg View Post
    I just went through the lineup to figure out who hasn't pitched major innings this weekend and is healthy and the only guys i got are Mahoney and Rigby (and he still might be hurt). Tomorrow is going to be a Johnny wholestaff and a BETTER win because Arkansas Pine-Bluff is one of those RPI killers that you obviously can't lose to and also sent our 2015 season down the shitter.
    Rigby has a 0.00 ERA on the year but has not logged any major innings and recently blew a game. Mahoney has a 9.00 ERA and has not impressed me whatsoever this year. Tomorrow will be interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw Dawg View Post
    Rigby has a 0.00 ERA on the year but has not logged any major innings and recently blew a game. Mahoney has a 9.00 ERA and has not impressed me whatsoever this year. Tomorrow will be interesting.
    I could see Rigby maybe pitching IF he is healthy and we have a commanding lead. Commanding with Cann needs to be 20-0 as long as he likes to leave pitchers in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Self is hurt. They don't think it's serious but personally I'm worried. I'm not sure who starts tomorrow- my guess would be Jacob Barton but it could be anyone other than Pilkington, Plumlee, Billingsley, or anyone that is hurt.
    I would like to have Barton available for Hog Killing, how about giving Cyr another chance? Or we might need Ford to step-up.

vCash
    Pine Bluff smoked an SEC team over the weekend...Bama maybe?

I wasn't able to watch the Monday morning game...who all pitched? Did Billingsley pitch? If not, wouldn't he be the likely starter tomorrow?

Why didn't we just cancel either Monday's game or the Pine Bluff game? The last thing we need is a tired pitching staff headed in to opening weekend of SEC play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I would like to have Barton available for Hog Killing, how about giving Cyr another chance? Or we might need Ford to step-up.
    I agree about Barton. Great idea with Cyr and Ford

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Cyr appears to be this years Vance Tatum. If he gets another chance it needs to be against someone like Arkansas Pine Bluff. I think the best thing to do with Ford is to let him go off and pitch this summer somewhere- of course I say that not having gone to practice to see how he looks. I might ask Ford and Mahoney to do an inning or so- but that would be about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Pine Bluff smoked an SEC team over the weekend...Bama maybe?

I wasn't able to watch the Monday morning game...who all pitched? Did Billingsley pitch? If not, wouldn't he be the likely starter tomorrow?

Why didn't we just cancel either Monday's game or the Pine Bluff game? The last thing we need is a tired pitching staff headed in to opening weekend of SEC play.
    Arkansas Pine Bluff did split a doubleheader with Alabama.

Billingsley pitched on Monday and struggled which was disappointing.

No idea why we didn't cancel one of the games. I'm much more worried about losing to a bad SWAC team and sinking our RPI and any postseason hopes more than having guys rested for Arkansas.

vCash
    Hell Rooker brought the heat last yr, let him throw some seeing as were in bad shape with pitchers... Id let Self rest up for this wknd so we know he is healthy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Hell Rooker brought the heat last yr, let him throw some seeing as were in bad shape with pitchers... Id let Self rest up for this wknd so we know he is healthy.
    Rooker? I don't remember him ever stepping on the mound last year.

vCash
    Actually, I don't remember Rooker ever stepping on the mound in his entire career at MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Actually, I don't remember Rooker ever stepping on the mound in his entire career at MSU.
    I thought Rooker threw some last yr? Who am I thinking off then that came out of the outfield last yr and pitched last yr????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Your right, my bad. I looked it up... Im thinking of Reid Hump last yr...

vCash
    Just freakin' ridiculous to play a 4 game weekend plus a midweek heading into the week of SEC play. The first 2 weekends being 4 games I'm fine with but the weekend before SEC play we should already be transitioning into the 3 game sets and quit taxing our staff to the max. Of course it was made worse by the "weekend" ending on Monday but stupid either way. I assume for this year's scheduling its strictly on Cohen.

vCash
    Practice or game? Game all day long, pitchers need to be put to a test early.

School is out and they need to be concentrating 100% on baseball, the pitchers who haven't performed well and the ones who haven't pitched much need to be put in pressure situation.

Damn it's baseball, "there is no crying in baseball"!

Young team learning how to win.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Go cyr then piece it together from there. After his stellar 4 pitch performance this wkd I don't want to run him out there but there isn't much choice. Unless we start Mangum and put him as DH.

vCash
    Mangum is starting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Mangum is starting
    With our TJ outbreak, I cringe every pitch our AA positional player is on the mound