Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh Yancy, Never Change

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    If it were us, I'd hope we'd clean house. Mississippi is doing their selves a disservice, by dragging it out their killing their recruiting.
    But at the same time, who could they POSSIBLY hire right now??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    But at the same time, who could they POSSIBLY hire right now??
    I hear Coach S. Croom is available.

vCash
    We would've fired those involved immediately to lessen punishment and we'd be on way to recovering. At least that's what I hope we would do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boodawg View Post
    We would've fired those involved immediately to lessen punishment and we'd be on way to recovering. At least that's what I hope we would do.
    In Bracky we trust!

vCash
    If it were us, I'd hope we'd clean house. Mississippi is doing their selves a disservice, by dragging it out their killing their recruiting.
    I would too. I would be absolutely outraged if we had 21 level one violations and didn't fire the coach.

vCash
    This is something the twitter warriors should make a big deal about...

With the NOA being delivered at this time it was obvious they would delay for that very reason. The COI actually has up to 2 months to level the penalties.
    Last edited by StatesboroBlues; 03-13-2017 at 07:57 PM.
    "Eat a Peach"

vCash
    I'm sorry, but as pathetic as they are, I feel no sympathy for the players. Most of them were on the take and were provided money, women, booze and the party lifestyle. They knew what they were signing up for. They can all go to Hell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post
    I'm sorry, but as pathetic as they are, I feel no sympathy for the players. Most of them were on the take and were provided money, women, booze and the party lifestyle. They knew what they were signing up for. They can all go to Hell.
    Don't think of it that way...the more non-Seniors they have transfer the better. When on probation attrition is multiplied because of not being able to make up for the #s. We need as many JRs or below to transfer rim now to before 18 season.
    "Eat a Peach"

vCash
    So the investigstion is over ? I thought the ncaa wss in jacktown asking around at a car dealership just a couple of weeks ago....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtail bob View Post
    So the investigstion is over ? I thought the ncaa wss in jacktown asking around at a car dealership just a couple of weeks ago....
    I don't think anyone besides OM and NCAA know the answer to that question for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtail bob View Post
    Technically Yancy is correct.....it is over for the 21 level 1's released so far. Who knows on any future allegations? I think the NCAA is still looking into events that happened after National Signing Day 2016 meaning Tunsel and the 2017 class.

vCash
    Nm.
    Last edited by msstatelp1; 03-14-2017 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Double post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    Technically Yancy is correct.....it is over for the 21 level 1's released so far. Who knows on any future allegations? I think the NCAA is still looking into events that happened after National Signing Day 2016 meaning Tunsel and the 2017 class.
    I think they are now being investigated for the things they were doing while being investigated for the previous stuff. The NCAA is probably working on a separate NOA which will bring with it hellfire in the form of repeat offender status. They are about to be hit with probably penalties on the level of USCw. They were dominating the Pac12 similar to Bama in the SEC but now they are just competing. We will see how bad it knocks down UNM. The worse part will be if they are still getting investigated they will either have to completely shut down the Network for a while or they will be looking down the barrel of the Death Penalty. That will mean they will be bringing in bottom of the barrel recruiting classes with reduced numbers on top of it. No more 4 or 5 stars for probably 5 or so years. If they get a 3 year bowl ban and Hugh shitcanned then half their team will probably transfer. They are already becoming known for not developing players for the NFL so this will be icing on the cake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GTHOM View Post
    If you were in their situation what would you do? Its shitty no doubt but I have a hard time believing that every program wouldnt want to put off the penalties as long as they could. Even as 17'd as OM is
    I think most would actually want the penalties as quickly as they could. As OM has said publicly a million times, 'We want a resolution so we can get past it.' You want the penalties as quickly as possible so that you can get past the penalties as quickly as possible...unless your priority is trying to screw over some current players/signees so they can't transfer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StatesboroBlues View Post
    Don't think of it that way...the more non-Seniors they have transfer the better. When on probation attrition is multiplied because of not being able to make up for the #s. We need as many JRs or below to transfer rim now to before 18 season.
    You can look at it this way, the Bears and some other schools will find the players with their hand out, That is just the way the system works. This is where the inmates running the asylum concept comes from. Since they are paying players they loose control. Now ask yourself would you want a player when the first thing he says to a coach is ( what's in it for me, what extra benefits do I get to play here. )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I think most would actually want the penalties as quickly as they could. As OM has said publicly a million times, 'We want a resolution so we can get past it.' You want the penalties as quickly as possible so that you can get past the penalties as quickly as possible...unless your priority is trying to screw over some current players/signees so they can't transfer.
    UNM isn't going to escape the bowl bans, they are just trying to drag it into the first of the season so they get 1 more year out of their investment. If the guys can transfer this summer then they might not win a game next year which will be their last chance this decade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    UNM isn't going to escape the bowl bans, they are just trying to drag it into the first of the season so they get 1 more year out of their investment. If the guys can transfer this summer then they might not win a game next year which will be their last chance this decade.
    We need the penalties handed down before school starts in the fall..

vCash
    I hear Coach S. Croom is available.
    Houston Nutt, Derick Dooley, and Governor Tubberville are options.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    We need the penalties handed down before school starts in the fall..
    I really don't think it matters. Let's say a 2-3 year bowl ban gets handed down in October. That entire roster knows they have nothing to play for in their career outside of individual goals. They would tank at that moment. Players start contemplating their landing spot more than the current schedule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Yeah, OM tells the public they want the penalties ASAP so they can start the recovery, at the same time they are the ones dragging this out by delaying and denying.