Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: OL draft picks since 2012 out of the SEC

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Mine obviously

Our lack of OL talent does not allow us to win big SEC games. We have scored 12 total points in the 1st halves of those 6 games. Double digit deficit at halftime of all 6. You dont need stats for that- its common sense that you simply arent competing in those games offensively and they are basically over by halftime

Just because we run over shitty defenses in other games doesnt mean our offense is good.
    Mullen's timid play calling doesn't help things and neither does being ineffective in the red zone. We move it pretty damn good between the 20's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    We beat Texas A&M last season when they were #4 in the country and in the playoff. Does that not count as a big game ? What you are actually saying is that we don't beat Bama. I have news for you. hardly anyone ever does. I think this argument has a lot to do with how Ole Miss has performed against them in the last 3 years, but honestly without a fluke deflection off of a helmet for a TD, Ole Miss is likely 1-2. Take a deep breath
    I thought the egg bowl with winner getting a bowl and loser staying home was a big game. Our oline absolutely had a huge part in winning both of these games. We ran for more yards vs aTm and OM than anyone all year and both played bama and lsu.
    Last edited by msstate7; 03-14-2017 at 09:45 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    We beat Texas A&M last season when they were #4 in the country and in the playoff. Does that not count as a big game ? What you are actually saying is that we don't beat Bama. I have news for you. hardly anyone ever does. I think this argument has a lot to do with how Ole Miss has performed against them in the last 3 years, but honestly without a fluke deflection off of a helmet for a TD, Ole Miss is likely 1-2. Take a deep breath
    Yeah, the idea of "big game" is kind of ambiguous. There's only 14 of them. They're all pretty big in perspective. Using this "top 3 in the West" criteria, we've played 8 games in the last 3 years vs top 3 West teams (we were one of them in '14). A league average offense would've been 5.1 points/game better in those contests, a league average defense would've been 10.6 points better in those games. The defense has been MORE of a problem in these "big games" than the offense. The only two games where both offense and defense were close to average at the same time were '14 Bama and '16 LSU.

Here's a rundown of those games:

14 Bama: Equally average
    14 OM: Equally bad on both sides
    15 Bama: Offense was much worse
    15 OM: Defense was much worse
    15 Ark: We won, but defense was awful, offense saved us (and ST)
    16 Bama: Equally awful
    16 Auburn: Equally awful
    16 LSU: Equally average