Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OL draft picks since 2012 out of the SEC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I want to win the sec and national championships, but I'm also realistic.
    Then being realistic means we have recruit better on the OL to compete better in the trenches during big games

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Alabama- 7 - cream of the SEC
    Texas A&M- 5- one of the SEC's best offenses every season
    Florida- 5- 2 SEC East titles
    South Carolina- 5- won 11 games 3 straight seasons
    Georgia- 4- won East twice and contends
    Missouri- 4- won East twice
    LSU- 3- won in spite of Miles
    Auburn- 3- won SEC title and played for NC, also played in Sugar...but SEC's most psycho team

clear divide in results in the SEC

Tenn- 3
    Ole Miss- 3
    UPig- 2
    State- 1 (Croom recruit)
    Vandy- 1 (and supposed to have another this April)
    Kentucky- 1

UPig and Vandy have draft picks this April...State and Kentucky hoping to add to their 1 this April- State is holding out hope Justin Senior gets drafted in the late rounds.

The more successful teams in the SEC coincidentally have the most OL guys drafted. Sure there are other factors- but the SEC is a LOS league. You have got to have OL talent to match the amazing amount of DL talent.
    Damn, Bama is averaging over 1 draft pick per year. I wonder what the total number of draft eligible linemen were during that time and the percentages of being drafted. From the looks of Kentucky's recruiting, their o line could have a few more guys be drafted over the next year or two. We should have Rankin, but who else has potential?

vCash
    During that time period, I'd also bet bama and lsu are by far the best in DBs drafted. When we struggled so much with om, they had what 4 DBs that were drafted or will be drafted? Our WRs not being able to beat the best DBs in the conference causes us as much trouble as good dlines

vCash
    During that time period, I'd also bet bama and lsu are by far the best in DBs drafted. When we struggled so much with om, they had what 4 DBs that were drafted or will be drafted? Our WRs not being able to beat the best DBs in the conference causes us as much trouble as good dlines
    99 yards rushing vs LSU the last 2 seasons...549 yards passing...you would be wrong

Dakota threw for 304 yards vs Bama in 2015 but could only score 6 points because we couldnt #RTGDF...or did you forget them stuffing us 2 times in a row from inside the 2 yard line? You would be wrong again

Its an OL issue...you are just refusing to agree at this point. There literally cant be any more evidence to support it

vCash
    99 yards rushing vs LSU the last 2 seasons...549 yards passing...you would be wrong

Dakota threw for 304 yards vs Bama in 2015 but could only score 6 points because we couldnt #RTGDF...or did you forget them stuffing us 2 times in a row from inside the 2 yard line? You would be wrong again

Its an OL issue...you are just refusing to agree at this point. There literally cant be any more evidence to support it
    I've never said it's not an oline issue vs lsu and bama. I just think it's more than just oline. You guys think we're an oline coach away from winning the sec year-in, year-out... I think we're many pieces away

vCash
    In our 2 losses to OM in 2014 and 2015:

284 passing and 254 passing

vCash
    In our 2 losses to OM in 2014 and 2015:

284 passing and 254 passing
    '15 passing stats and all offensive stats for us vs om are a joke. They pummeled us in every facet of the game... we racked up points and yards once it was over

vCash
    I've never said it's not an oline issue vs lsu and bama. I just think it's more than just oline. You guys think we're an oline coach away from winning the sec year-in, year-out... I think we're many pieces away
    Stop going to extremes. Nobody has said "OL coach away from winning the SEC multiple times".....we are saying "improved OL recruiting will give us a much better chance to compete for the SEC West. Right now we have no shot"

vCash
    '15 passing stats and all offensive stats for us vs om are a joke. They pummeled us in every facet of the game... we racked up points and yards once it was over
    again- you said our WR's couldnt get away from the DB's of Bama, LSU, and OM- I'm showing you yet again you are wrong.

vCash
    Stop going to extremes. Nobody has said "OL coach away from winning the SEC multiple times".....we are saying "improved OL recruiting will give us a much better chance to compete for the SEC West. Right now we have no shot"
    We've literally had a shot in the last 3 years with our oline coach. Dak's TOs get no blame in that game

vCash
    We've literally had a shot in the last 3 years with our oline coach. Dak's TOs get no blame in that game
    ok- if you are going to just throw out ridiculous bullshit I'm gonna have to bail out.

We went 4-4 in the SEC in 2015 and 3-5 in 2016. Thats a losing SEC record over the 2 years. In no way at all did we have any type of shot of competing in the SEC West.

2015????? we had 3 points at halftime vs Bama. LSU, and OM with double digit deficits...thats not competing
    2016????? We scored 3 points total in the 1st half vs LSU, Auburn, and Bama....thats not competing

Auburn got to the Sugar Bowl in 2016 with a very good OL and good RB's. They had an average QB and very young WR's. The SEC is a LOS league and always will be

vCash
    did it ever occur to you that Dak turned the ball over more because Bama knew he was going to pass because we were basically no threat to run the ball? Makes it alot easier to play defense when you know whats coming

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Yeah random no hope,with that one.

vCash
    Clemson 420 yards passing to 91 rushing (2.2 attempt) in champ game

Om 341 passing to 92 rushing in '15

Om 251 passing to 76 rushing in '14.

Unless you have zek, you beat bama by passing. You beat them with elite wr's

vCash
    BTW, with lsu having the 2nd most olinemen drafted during your time period, how many wins over bama?

Banned
    vCash

Can't argue with that.

Banned
    vCash
    You are making my point. 2014 was our only decent offensive line since 2010, and we nearly beat Alabama (hint hint) made the playoff. What does that tell you? Without an offensive line you cannot pass either.

I think you are also missing a near fact that any football coach or player worth his salt with echo - the offensive line is the heart of your football team. They set the tone.

vCash

Who is talking about beating Alabama? How about just competing with them???

UPig put 30 on them this year, A&M-14, and OM 43...we've only scored as many as 14 once on Bama

2015? Mid Tenn scored more on Bama than we did. Only 3 teams in the regular season failed to get double digits on Bama in 2015- State, Charleston Southern, and UL Monroe

Our OL doesnt even allow us to be competitive with Bama. We put over 300 yards passing on them in 2015- why? We had Derunnya and Ross. Both were All-SEC Wr's. So even when we have had really good WR's and the NFL Rookie of the year at QB- we still couldnt score on Bama. So obviously its something else on offense holding us back. Wonder whats left???

Banned
    vCash
    BTW, with lsu having the 2nd most olinemen drafted during your time period, how many wins over bama?
    They compete with Alabama every year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Human Meat View Post
    You are making my point. 2014 was our only decent offensive line since 2010, and we nearly beat Alabama (hint hint) made the playoff. What does that tell you? Without an offensive line you cannot pass either.

I think you are also missing a near fact that any football coach or player worth his salt with echo - the offensive line is the heart of your football team. They set the tone.
    this all day