Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Tommy John Sucks Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Tommy John Sucks Edition

Basketball over. Tommy John killing baseball excitement. Screw it, I'm going fishing. 55 South as of now

vCash
    In honor of our arms breaking like spaghetti - cooked a nice pot with a meat sauce. Threw in some Italian sausage and grated fresh asiago and parm for the top. Some good old Coles garlic bread to go with it.

vCash
    Burgers soaked in Hoover Sauce tonight... Went easy tonight since I'm doing crawfish tomorrow night.

vCash
    Had a homemade reproduction of Rendevous ribs and Teryaki and Garlic Buffalo wings with roasted Brussel sprouts and purple potatoes. It didnt suck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    In honor of our arms breaking like spaghetti - cooked a nice pot with a meat sauce. Threw in some Italian sausage and grated fresh asiago and parm for the top. Some good old Coles garlic bread to go with it.

Looks like a mighty fine plate of food. I'd hit it
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 03-11-2017 at 01:37 AM.

vCash
    Just got down to the coast home base and was hoping the fridge had beer since I hadn't been down since October. Cheers....

vCash
    Tonight I made a facsimile of Commander's Palace "turtle soup" (one of my favorite things on the planet).

I used chicken thighs instead of turtle, and just ran them through a meat grinder, which produced almost the exact same texture. I followed the cookbook, except I used beef broth instead of veal stock (which I didn't have). Overall, it was pretty damn close to the real thing.

As far as drinking, I had a few Narragansett tall-boys, then moved to bourbon (Weller Antique).
    Last edited by BeardoMSU; 03-11-2017 at 02:31 AM.

vCash
    Beardo, never have I eaten or cooked turtle soup in my life. After that post Beardo, I'm intrigued. Nice work

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Beardo, never have I eaten or cooked turtle soup in my life. After that post Beardo, I'm intrigued. Nice work
    Oh, it is fine! Middendorf's in Manchac, LA has a tasty one and you don't have to wear a dinner jacket.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Basketball over. Tommy John killing baseball excitement. Screw it, I'm going fishing. 55 South as of now
    Spent all week travelling in England and France. Drank 53 pints, ate fish and chips all over the place. Ready to get home and eat some steak.

vCash
    Pork tacos & dirt cheap San Miguel Pale. Of all places to find the best tacos I have ever eaten, I wouldn't have expected it to be in the Philippines.

vCash
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 03-11-2017 at 10:11 AM.

vCash

Boiling crawfish

since we are in a food thread.....I am boiling crawfish tonight with my neighbor and one of my buddies......I haven't done it myself since 05, and trying to re educate myself....

I say no purge, just wash-----what you say?

I say cook sausage after all the crawfish is cooked due to grease getting on crawfish-----what ye say?

what seasoning you use and how much------I need to research this, i can't remember

vCash
    Windy windy day in Hopedale. I'll have a good write up on the OD board Mondayish. Now drinkin Busch Heavy with a buddy.

Last edited by BeastMan; 03-11-2017 at 05:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    Pork tacos & dirt cheap San Miguel Pale. Of all places to find the best tacos I have ever eaten, I wouldn't have expected it to be in the Philippines.

Where did you find that San Miguel, I haven't seen or had any since I was in the P.I. 1989?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Tonight I made a facsimile of Commander's Palace "turtle soup" (one of my favorite things on the planet).

I used chicken thighs instead of turtle, and just ran them through a meat grinder, which produced almost the exact same texture. I followed the cookbook, except I used beef broth instead of veal stock (which I didn't have). Overall, it was pretty damn close to the real thing.

As far as drinking, I had a few Narragansett tall-boys, then moved to bourbon (Weller Antique).
    Cornbread

vCash
    Grilled Salmon, boudin, purple hull peas cooked with smoked sausage, potatoes, and a salad. Just had an Old Chubb. I have a few more on deck, probably at least an Old Rasputin and a Hopsecutioner. We have a Decoy Pinot Noir to have with dinner.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 03-11-2017 at 07:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post

I've never had that but that looks dang good!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Where did you find that San Miguel, I haven't seen or had any since I was in the P.I. 1989?
    Currently in PI now. Hard to beat a beer for 45P

vCash
    Seared tuna with a view of the bay