Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball: vs. LA Tech

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I'm pissed. Our baseball program is way too inconsistent. I'm trying to stay positive, but bullshit losses like tonight make it hard to. Our coaches should feel like dog shit for taking so many wins away from this team already in this young season. Inexperienced coaching is one thing...stupid baseball is another. You don't become an SEC head coach by being a dumb baseball mind. I expect better from Cannizaro, and much better from Henderson's old ass
    I'll be straight up honest- I'd take Omaha and a SEC Championship in year one and three with a losing season in between. I think I would rather have that than just going to a regional every year and choking. That said- there is something to be said about consistency and I don't want to downplay that at all. And I don't give a shit what anyone says about it not being the 80's anymore- losing season NEVER are acceptable for MSU baseball. In any era.

I just hope he is as good a recruiter as he is played up to be. Henderson is just over the hill.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    It really sucks because we were sabotaged last year by Mini-me destroying our arms which screwed us this year by having so many TJ's. Yes, you can blame it on the travel ball and all year round pitching activity but another contributing factor to it is velocity which was what Mini Me taught. So those two things combined led to our abnormal amount of injuries and way too many IMO to be a coincidence.
    But yet if you go and look at his career he hasn't had those issues before....I lean toward terrible coincidence unless Arkansas pitchers start to fall

vCash
    Mini me has nothing to do with it. We would be a ton better if he was still here. He's no where near the only coach who coaches that way. We just had some terrible luck. Nothing to do with Wes Johnson. i wish we still had Johnson

vCash
    What's going to suck is when Ole Miss wins a baseball Natty before we do. It's going to happen, and it's going to make me physically ill. You have to be consistent to build up to that point, only one team in this state is consistent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hailstate17 View Post
    Mini me has nothing to do with it. We would be a ton better if he was still here. He's no where near the only coach who coaches that way. We just had some terrible luck. Nothing to do with Wes Johnson. i wish we still had Johnson
    No we wouldn't be better because our pitching staff would have been depleted which happened on his watch.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    What's going to suck is when Ole Miss wins a baseball Natty before we do. It's going to happen, and it's going to make me physically ill. You have to be consistent to build up to that point, only one team in this state is consistent.
    Well goddammit go ****ing suck their dicks then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    It really sucks because we were sabotaged last year by Mini-me destroying our arms which screwed us this year by having so many TJ's. Yes, you can blame it on the travel ball and all year round pitching activity but another contributing factor to it is velocity which was what Mini Me taught. So those two things combined led to our abnormal amount of injuries and way too many IMO to be a coincidence.
    I still don't think it was totally on him. If Arkansas has a bunch of guys dropping like flies next year- then maybe. I would weigh in my honest opinion on who I think the culprit is but I'll keep silent on that issue on a public message board because airing it out could potentially cause us problems in recruiting down the road. But no- I don't think it was Wes Johnson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    But yet if you go and look at his career he hasn't had those issues before....I lean toward terrible coincidence unless Arkansas pitchers start to fall
    I'll be really interested to see if that happens. He was at a smaller school in all of his other stops that didn't recruit top prospects like Arkansas and MSU would.

vCash
    Bianco has been at OM 17 years and never had a losing record. He's missed a regional twice. We're about to have our 2nd losing season in 3 years

The class om just brought is elite... surprised they got them in school

vCash
    It is what it is and some of you guys need to step off the ledge. We aren't very good and won't be. We are having to pitch guys in games and situations they shouldn't be having to pitch in yet because we have less than zero depth. And pitching hides all the other deficiencies on your team. When you don't have it all the deficiencies come flooding out wide open. That's what is happening right now.

We've got really 3 consistent guys in the lineup and that's not enough. Cody shouldn't be playing first base but he is because we don't have another one. That's on Cohen. Cohen didn't do Cannizzaro any ****ing favors by putting him in this spot. Thanks for the job but you have to eat the shit sandwich that's sitting here. And I'm not saying our guys are shit but the situation is.

All these inexperienced guys will get better or be replaced next year. Either way there are some good players here we just have to be patient while they grow. It's painful but you all have suck it up buttercup because that's the way it is. Or jump we will all be happier.
    That may be true, but it still pisses me off and is unacceptable. In hindsight Cohen probably left at just the right time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I still don't think it was totally on him. If Arkansas has a bunch of guys dropping like flies next year- then maybe. I would weigh in my honest opinion on who I think the culprit is but I'll keep silent on that issue on a public message board because airing it out could potentially cause us problems in recruiting down the road. But no- I don't think it was Wes Johnson.
    I said in my post it's not "totally" on him but how he coaches could be a contributing factor because the research states that velocity is a contributing factor to it. This is a new finding and I believe the study was completed last June.

vCash
    They also just suspended half of their infield and they just lost four in a row.

vCash
    We absolutely would be better with Johnson. He brought a fire, energy, and confidence that our guys fed off of. Now we have a guy that lacks energy, and is just not good. Hasn't adapted to new thinking. I realize he's short handed but still. He's no where near the level of Johnson. You can ask any pitcher on the staff and they would take Johnson back in a heartbeat

vCash
    Well goddammit go ****ing suck their dicks then.
    Look, you want a sunshine circle jerk you entered the wrong thread. We could all sit around and play foul mouthed Gene Swindoll and act like everything's fine or not say shit, but last I checked this is a message board that is the exact forum for overreaction. So suck that dick and quit acting like everything you say has more worth than everyone else's opinion. Damn. I usually laugh at your posts and agree, but take that "suck their dicks" shit somewhere else.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Never said it was acceptable but I know baseball and I see what is happening. Not happy about it but I know we are gonna have to run guys out there into games on offense and the bump that are gonna have to prove they either belong or don't belong. It's just the way it is. And during that process it's gonna be really painful to watch sometimes...like now.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hailstate17 View Post
    We absolutely would be better with Johnson. He brought a fire, energy, and confidence that our guys fed off of. Now we have a guy that lacks energy, and is just not good. Hasn't adapted to new thinking. I realize he's short handed but still. He's no where near the level of Johnson. You can ask any pitcher on the staff and they would take Johnson back in a heartbeat
    Ding ding da ding ding

vCash
    Yep, Ole Miss consistently loses to better teams, thank God.

vCash
    Johnson is a major reason why we are in the shape we are in. And that comes from Multiple sources who know way more about pitching then I do. The way it was described to me in simple terms. His throwing programs are great for upperclassmen who have been in a college weight program and have fixed most major mechanical flaws. But for freshmen it is hell on their arms unless they have decent body mass and form.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Bianco has been at OM 17 years and never had a losing record. He's missed a regional twice. We're about to have our 2nd losing season in 3 years

The class om just brought is elite... surprised they got them in school
    And in the same time span that Bianco has been there- including Polk II- we've been to Omaha twice, the Finals once, won the SEC Tournament three times to their once, won the SEC once outright, and have been to more SR. I'm not sure why fans like you are clamoring for a streak of non-losing seasons in exchange for lesser overall accomplishments in the same time period. And that's with us hiring Polk II which hurt our program and the jury still out on Cann.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steakonastick View Post
    Johnson is a major reason why we are in the shape we are in. And that comes from Multiple sources who know way more about pitching then I do. The way it was described to me in simple terms. His throwing programs are great for upperclassmen who have been in a college weight program and have fixed most major mechanical flaws. But for freshmen it is hell on their arms unless they have decent body mass and form.
    Good enough for me. No one here has more inside baseball info that steak. Wish he'd post more