Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Baseball: vs. LA Tech

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Based on who or what's track record??
    Year round travel ball epidemic. I am not into blaming coaches. I cannot imagine the current freshmen did anything differently growing up than the current sophomores, which are decimated. Maybe it is incredibly bad luck. None of us know. Maybe it is Johnson, but should be easy enough to find out if he had the same issues at Dallas Baptist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Human Meat View Post
    Year round travel ball epidemic. I am not into blaming coaches. I cannot imagine the current freshmen did anything differently growing up than the current sophomores, which are decimated. Maybe it is incredibly bad luck. None of us know. Maybe it is Johnson, but should be easy enough to find out if he had the same issues at Dallas Baptist.
    Ok. Well it seams almost every year a guy goes down at every school. We just had rash of them this year. No way to predict who or how many.

vCash
    It also be interesting to see if Johnson had any change in workouts in the last 2 years

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Maybe, but I'm not going to project it.
    Makes you wonder if we should keep our known quality arms (like Pilkington) out of summer ball. If I understand correctly, he had some soreness last summer.

vCash
    Makes you wonder if we should keep our known quality arms (like Pilkington) out of summer ball. If I understand correctly, he had some soreness last summer.
    Would that be our call? I'm sure the players want the exposure. If we cut it out even though it's most likely good for the players, we'd most likely suffer recruiting wise

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Would that be our call? I'm sure the players want the exposure. If we cut it out even though it's most likely good for the players, we'd most likely suffer recruiting wise
    Ultimately I'm sure it is likely the players' call. Either way it's not as if this is a decision that is only good for MSU or the player - no one wins with Tommy John surgery at that age. No one should even be considering it until they are in their 30s if done correctly. In my opinion you must do what you must do to avoid it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Doesn't have a clue? Really? Come on man
    Well when he keeps throwing guys that are hurt like Smith and Rigby what other conclusion can I have? It's not about Just working them back in- he puts them back in like they are at 100%. This is at least the third time that had happened this year- and twice it cost us wins in midweek games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    In the past we've had guys skip summer ball because we used them a lot during the season. Usually it's an upperclassman like a Ross Mitchell in 2013 or someone like that.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Actually, I don't think he has a clue what our guys can and can't do. Especially the pitchers.
    Yeah I can't get behind this one.