Thread: If we want to curry favor with the national media

vCash

If we want to curry favor with the national media

We need to make sure to give clicks to positive articles about MSU. Heck, since we are all boycotting the CL it shouldn't be too hard.

The four letter network did this article that attacks the whole "Mullen to ...." thing. They basically admit they were wrong and he's still here much longer than they originally supposed.

Also, they point out how OM getting caught could be a great opportunity for us.

http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/...sissippi-state

This one talks about Fitz potential and how bad the Sirmon defense sucked.

http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/...pring-practice
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Thanks. Would click again.

vCash
    For a second I thought we were talking about Indian cuisine...

Both great articles though.

vCash
    Good articles but one statement from each article makes no sense. The first article mentions us trying to fill the 'power vacuum' left by tsun after sanctions. They've finished ahead of us once since Mullen has been here and we've won more games than them over the past 3 years. What the hell is this 'power vacuum' he speaks of? The second article states that our woes at RB aren't helped by the departure of Holloway and Shump. Really??? Did the author not see Williams play at all last year? Our RB situation improved several notches as the clock ticked to 00:00 in the bowl game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    Good articles but one statement from each article makes no sense. The first article mentions us trying to fill the 'power vacuum' left by tsun after sanctions. They've finished ahead of us once since Mullen has been here and we've won more games than them over the past 3 years. What the hell is this 'power vacuum' he speaks of? The second article states that our woes at RB aren't helped by the departure of Holloway and Shump. Really??? Did the author not see Williams play at all last year? Our RB situation improved several notches as the clock ticked to 00:00 in the bowl game.
    I don't think he meant that OM is a power; I think he's just saying that in a small state with two SEC schools, there will be a vacuum left if one of those schools is facing crippling sanctions.

The statement that made me laugh was "there’s buzz that Nick Fitzgerald will become one of the best quarterbacks in the league as a junior"...as though he isn't already one of the best in the league.

vCash
    Who is this writer? He seems to be the only one at ESPN writing these positive articles on State and damning articles on Ole Miss.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    I think what he's saying about the power vacuum is that Mullen should be able to recruit the state of MS better without those cheating SOBs running rampant. I agree. Those extra one or two players per year that chose OM over for dubious reasons us could have had profound effects if they had been developed in Mullen's system.

On the second question I'm assuming he left off these ***. Aeris Williams by himself is an upgrade at RB. Anything else we get from Nick Gibson, Alec Murphy, Dontavian Lee or Kylin Hill is gravy.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

Senior Member Perpetual Underachiever's Avatar
    vCash
    Both are great articles. My biggest takeaway was this glaring statistic:

During the past two seasons, State has produced the SEC's fewest rushing yards per game from its running backs -- and it’s not even close with the Bulldogs averaging 87.3 rushing yards by its backs compared to 13th-place South Carolina, which checked in at 110.1 yards per game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Perpetual Underachiever View Post
    Both are great articles. My biggest takeaway was this glaring statistic:
    That's kind of overblown, though. I mean, our QB ran for 1375 freaking yards. Our top RB, Williams, was 19th in the conference in rushing attempts. So sure, our RB totals are obviously going to be skewed down. Because our QB was the primary ball-carrier.

vCash
    Smoot and Reason, I agree with his statement if he is talking about it the way you two are stating. It's a good chance for us to clean up in Mississippi.

vCash
    Good article about Fitz, but this guy saying that Shump and Holloway leaving is a big hole doesn't know what he's talking about. We upgraded at the position simply from them graduating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkingpoon View Post
    Good article about Fitz, but this guy saying that Shump and Holloway leaving is a big hole doesn't know what he's talking about. We upgraded at the position simply from them graduating.
    It's to be expected. it's the classic tale stats don't tell the full tale. He looked at last years stats. Saw what left. Saw what we have coming back what they did (not game by game when they were doing it)
    Thats what happens when a non-beat writer just does a season preview or recap with no real insight. The pluses of the article outweigh that though. Good articles.