Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Iditarod 2017

vCash
    Seth just finished. I'll post a finally time and any pics I found later.

I checked to see who the last place person was and where they were. God Bless you Roger Lee and thank you for your service Bib Number 10. This is his rookie run and might be his only one. He still has around 261 miles to go and is down to 9 dogs.
    "Currently, Roger is on an inaugural USAF sabbatical – allowing him one year to train full-time for the Iditarod. After the Iditarod, he returns to active duty as a US Air Force, Biomedical Sciences Corps, Bioenvironmental Engineering Lieutenant Colonel."
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 03-16-2017 at 01:45 PM.

vCash
    Congrats Seth! Looking forward to the Quest and next year's Iditarod.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    I checked to see who the last place person was and where they were. God Bless you Roger Lee and thank you for your service Bib Number 10. This is his rookie run and might be his only one. He still has around 261 miles to go and is down to 9 dogs.
    "Currently, Roger is on an inaugural USAF sabbatical ? allowing him one year to train full-time for the Iditarod. After the Iditarod, he returns to active duty as a US Air Force, Biomedical Sciences Corps, Bioenvironmental Engineering Lieutenant Colonel."
    No kidding. LTC Lee is a dedicated individual. Unfortunately, his race is over. He scratched in Shaktoolik. He had a damned respectable run going.

Roger Lee Scratch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjones View Post
    No kidding. LTC Lee is a dedicated individual. Unfortunately, his race is over. He scratched in Shaktoolik. He had a damned respectable run going.

Roger Lee Scratch
    Yea, Once i looked at how long he had been out I wondered if he could finish. two runs of over a day time that should have been half that. and his last two before dropping were 18 and 17 hours.
    Hope all his dogs and him are healthy.

There is a UGA Grad running as a rookie, Thomas Rosenbloom, he is in 56th place. There are still 64 possible finishers (42 have finished so far).

Another interesting note is Larry Daugherty, who is in White mountain doing his mandatory 8 hour right now and should finish tomorrow. Once he finishes. He plans to climb Mount Everest and be the first to ever do both in the same year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Another interesting note is Larry Daugherty, who is in White mountain doing his mandatory 8 hour right now and should finish tomorrow. Once he finishes. He plans to climb Mount Everest and be the first to ever do both in the same year.
    I saw that; He is one tough SOB if he can pull that feat off. Hopefully the weather on Everest works out. Often it's a big factor....The biggest being it's a tourist destination now. It's a shame what has become of that "adventure", but I digress.

I hope he gets his Iditarod finisher's buckle. That is a damned prize.