Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fox Sports Analyst says Chad Kelly next Dak Prescott

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    I don't agree at all BUT Dak may have made it possible for someone to make it because teams might start to take a different approach in evaluating QB's. Someone might give him a chance with the tagline: "Well Dak Prescott was a 4th rounders so..."
    No Signature

vCash
    Hey Nick Cole
    You just Made the List....

You stupid ****.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    I don't agree at all BUT Dak may have made it possible for someone to make it because teams might start to take a different approach in evaluating QB's. Someone might give him a chance with the tagline: "Well Dak Prescott was a 4th rounders so..."
    Brady was a 6th rounder and was thrust into the position like Dak was... due to injury. That was 17 years ago. QBs won't be evaluated differently, I'm afraid. QBs like Brady or Peyton or Brees only come along once every 20 years or so, and Brady and Brees are in the twilight of their careers. Dak is the heir apparent. Let's just call Dak what he is... a freak phenom football talent.
    Brady was a raw, hidden talent and developed into a HOF QB out of necessity and because he was surrounded by great teams and coaching. Dak will likely have the same result.
    Chad Kelly is nothing more than a big arm with a 10 cent head.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    No f*cking way they are even in the same league, literally and figuratively. Give Dak MGK's OL and WR's and we win 1 maybe two natty's. Dak set SEC records with a 3 star and lower OLIne. No NFL players on the line and one at RB and maybe one at WR. MGK had NFLer's all around and WR's that towered above the DB's. He heaved it and they went and caught it. Not even remotely close to comparisons. The asshat writing this article deserves to have his writing credentials revoked for the remainder of his braindead life.

vCash
    When people write something this dumb they should have to answer to Red Foreman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Kelly lacks the most important thing Dak has going for him. Leadership, character and integrity.
    Having those things serves you well in life, but football is a sport where really rich dudes pay other dudes a lot of money to get knocked around until their bodies give out. It takes a lot of leadership to get dudes to take getting the crap beaten out of them (even on a good day), but the other stuff is irrelevant.

vCash
    It is my opinion that Kelly has the stuff to be a QB in the NFL IF he gets his s--t together and WORKS for it. All of that is a big IF. One can only imagine what Kelly would be today had he been coached by Dan Mullen for five years. Say what you will about Mullen, but that man can develop players; particularly QBs.

vCash
    I would like to think the NFL may recognize that it's a numbers game and establish a supplemental QB draft or require teams to be 4 or 5 deep at the position. In general, I think the league is screwing up by capping teams in the mid-50s. There's just not enough good-enough players to round out 32 rosters while a lot of really talented guys really don't get to develop.

vCash
    The way I took the article is that the guy is not comparing ck to Dak head to head or talent wise , he is talking about the next guy to be drafted in the fourth round that turns out should have been the number one overall pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSebastian View Post
    I would like to think the NFL may recognize that it's a numbers game and establish a supplemental QB draft or require teams to be 4 or 5 deep at the position. In general, I think the league is screwing up by capping teams in the mid-50s. There's just not enough good-enough players to round out 32 rosters while a lot of really talented guys really don't get to develop.
    Practice squads need to be larger. Teams could develop more talent for awhile

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Is there a QB in the league rite now that is as poorly spoken as Kelly? I'm asking because I truly don't know.
    Not that I'm aware of.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    The down-side of MGK being dis-invited from the combine, is we don't get to laugh at his Wonderlic score.

I watched one informal interview he gave (looked like it was in a cafeteria). He seemed borderline special needs.

vCash
    If you line up all the QB's Mullen has recruited and developed as freshmen and sophomores, there is an argument that Tim Tebow was the worst. Think about it. AJ Greene, Alex Smith, Cam Newton, Dak Prescott all found success in the NFL to some degree.