Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fox Sports Analyst says Chad Kelly next Dak Prescott

vCash

Fox Sports Analyst says Chad Kelly next Dak Prescott

vCash
    I think he has the physical tools but has a few things going against him:
    1) Poor judgement.
    2) Lack of preparation for NFL offenses.
    3) Major leg injury.

But his Uncle did play for a long time at QB in the NFL and was very successful, so he may be able to help CK get his shit together long enough to find a spot.

vCash
    If he is he is. If he isn't he isn't. The NFL ain't a beauty contest. He will have to do it on the field.

vCash
    I didn't know he was a TE?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    1) Poor judgement.
    Dak is Dak because he makes good decisions. Kelly just chunks it out there.

vCash
    This is just further proof that so often these people have no idea what has even led to the success of current players, much less how to project the next ones.

Sure, Chad Kelly has 'swag'. Great. A whole crap ton of NFL prospects every year have 'swag'. Brock Osweiler is one of the swaggiest bros ever, and he sucks. Dak has confidence, which is difference from 'moxie' or 'swag'. It's one thing to walk into an NFL training camp and believe you're the best player there and will be great; it's another to stand in a huddle with veterans and command their respect.

And Dak's confidence is about 10% of the reason for his success, at most. It is his intelligence that sets him apart. Chad Kelly is a doorknob compared to Dak intellectually.

vCash
    1) Poor judgement.
    3) Major leg injury.

But his Uncle did play for a long time at QB in the NFL and was very successful, so he may be able to help CK get his shit together long enough to find a spot.
    Kelly isn't the next Dak, he's the next Jeff George, or at least the poor man's version of him. NFL arm and Peewee football mind. I do agree he could see some success in the right circumstance. I think he will always have too many turnovers, but he can make throws. He just needs good wide receivers to bail him out some so his interception rate isn't too high, preferably a defense that bails him out by getting stops after a bad turnover, and a coach that can tolerate the feast or famine (or at least not have any other options). But I don't think he would ever be able to handle success unless his uncle or somebody can essentially set him up with a full time babysitter that he will actually listen to.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Well there is the fact machine gun is a lot more Marshall Henderson than Tom Brady....so....

vCash
    1) Poor judgement.
    3) Major leg injury.

Those are 3 REAL BIG things going against him. It's not like when everyone was eyeballing Dak who had never taken a snap under center or had to work on his footwork. That's having things going against you, and Dak and his "all go, no quit" attitude fixed those things. CK would most likely be Manziel, Version 2.0. I don't give a flip who his uncle is. Just sayin...

vCash
    1) Poor judgement.
    3) Major leg injury.

I would add 4) No leadership ability. Dude is a head case.

vCash
    It's not just lack of preparation for NFL offenses. Anyone who's watched him play more than at a glance should know that he simply doesn't have the head to execute one. Immense talent throwing the ball, no doubt, but that's not even half the battle at the pro level. I've said multiple times that Freeze, mediocre coach in general as he is, did an incredible scheming job to make Kelly as effective as he was over the past two years.

vCash
    Kelly lacks the most important thing Dak has going for him. Leadership, character and integrity.

vCash
    Chad Kelly in no way, shape, or form is the next Dak. That is insulting to Dak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Kelly lacks the most important thing Dak has going for him. Leadership, character and integrity.
    Exactly

vCash
    Na....

vCash
    Let's just rename swag, johnny football lite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I would add 4) No leadership ability. Dude is a head case.
    #5 ... no invite to the NFL Combine

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    This is just further proof that so often these people have no idea what has even led to the success of current players, much less how to project the next ones.

Sure, Chad Kelly has 'swag'. Great. A whole crap ton of NFL prospects every year have 'swag'. Brock Osweiler is one of the swaggiest bros ever, and he sucks. Dak has confidence, which is difference from 'moxie' or 'swag'. It's one thing to walk into an NFL training camp and believe you're the best player there and will be great; it's another to stand in a huddle with veterans and command their respect.

And Dak's confidence is about 10% of the reason for his success, at most. It is his intelligence that sets him apart. Chad Kelly is a doorknob compared to Dak intellectually.
    That's the shit right there. Great post!

vCash
    Is there a QB in the league rite now that is as poorly spoken as Kelly? I'm asking because I truly don't know.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by codeDawg View Post
    Dak is Dak because he makes good decisions. Kelly just chunks it out there.
    You forgot about the great O-line he has..
    Last edited by Dawg-gone-dawgs; 03-02-2017 at 02:25 PM.