Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Mullen contract about to be announced

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Once his powder puff AD left he was finally held accountable. Something that had rarely occurred since Byrne was his boss.
    That could play a role as well. I wonder how much different we all would feel had we not blocked that kick vs Miami OH

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Your sentence structure is confusing me. Rosebowl has had a great source throughout. Hence my reference to his deep throat. But the point remains, he didn't make Ole Miss cheat. He just actually reported it while the CL and others wouldn't. That started here, but he took it to the next level. And I admit, it was a lot of fun to watch.
    Who said anything about Rosebowl made Ole Miss cheat? That's stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    Oh yeah! Thx for reminding me. Do you think Dan's going to use DJ as the lead and/or "co-recruiter" for Hevesey, even if it's "by territory" rather than position?
    I hope so. I definitely think Looney will help because even though Looney is the TE coach, my guess is he will probably assist with the o-line some. We'll see if that's the case or not. I'm sure Hevesy will still be the primary o-line coach for now.

What I suspect will happen- and this is just speculation and not based on insider knowledge or anything like that- is that once the 10th assistant coach gets approved for 2018 we will likely move Peterson to the TE spot or something like that- maybe create a position like inside WR's coach and then give Looney a raise and title upgrade in the coming years to something like T/TE coach with Hevesy coaching C/G or even possibly promoting Hevesy to assistant HC and then making Looney the o-line coach with Peterson coaching TE's. I think that would have already happened had the extra coach been approved already. But to answer your question- yes, I think at the very least Looney is going to help Hevesy out a lot with recruiting. We've been trying to cover for Hevesy but it hasn't really worked out. We had Buckley try to cover for him but then recruits were complaining that they weren't getting to know their position coach. I think Looney will help put that at ease because he can tell recruits that he assists with the o-line a lot and will be coaching them a lot.

I know that there has been talk of Tony Grantham taking the extra spot too- and I guess that's still possible. But to me if that were going to be the case we would have hired him already as an "analyst" so that we could just transition him right to on the field.

I don't know exactly how it went down but if the rumors about Peterson being promised an on the field job are true, Dan probably went up to Peterson and told him that we HAD to do something about the o-line situation or he wouldn't get his extension and then none of them would have a job, but if he could wait one more year he would get the extra assistant coach job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    IMO, an extension of his contract should have been conditioned upon Mullen removing Hevesy as OL coach.
    I agree it's not ideal, but if Dan wants him around for whatever reason I'm fine with that as long as his deficiencies are managed. Honestly, if it were me I'd rather see Hevesy moved to the office and we let Looney take over and then move Peterson to TE coach.