Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Mullen contract about to be announced

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Lmao. You and Yancy think Rosebowl got them in trouble? They got themselves in trouble. Rosie just helped leak it when they were denying it. Same as this place, although Rosebowl's "deepthroat" was impressive down the stretch. The only two semi-accurate reporting outlets on the NCAA investigation has been here and on scout.

Somebody should go buy Leo Lewis a car for having the guts to ensure the onslaught of hate despite being a teenager. Kids got guts.
    A Charger! +1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    And like clockwork, Paul Finebaum going on-and-on showing his obvious irritation at us for giving this contract to "a coach who had a losing record last year". Says it's all about poking UNM, and seems to be insinuating we are rewarding Mullen for his role in bringing his BF Hugh down.
    Paul really doesn't like us for some reason. Personally, I couldn't care less what he thinks. It was a really good move for stability. I think good things are to come with Mullen over the next few years.

vCash
    Lmao. You and Yancy think Rosebowl got them in trouble? They got themselves in trouble. Rosie just helped leak it when they were denying it. Same as this place, although Rosebowl's "deepthroat" was impressive down the stretch. The only two semi-accurate reporting outlets on the NCAA investigation has been here and on scout.

Somebody should go buy Leo Lewis a car for having the guts to ensure the onslaught of hate despite being a teenager. Kids got guts.
    Let's hope not.

vCash
    If Mullen is committed to the job I love this extension. If he's not I guess it's just a little more money to get what we already have. The buyout on both sides is really what would be telling as to the thought process of each side.
    In regards to Finebaum I wish our program would just avoid his show. I don't think he has as much influence as he thinks he does.

vCash
    I'm fine with this. Basically the same salary and I hope it has performance based incentives in it for winning the SEC, winning the West, New Year's six bowl wins, and of course beating Ole Miss. Hopefully there are incentives for a top 15-20 recruiting class as well.

Dan did what I wanted to see in the offseason. Hired a legit DC, finished strong in recruiting, and made a move that helps us work around Hevesy and replaced Sallach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Paul really doesn't like us for some reason. Personally, I couldn't care less what he thinks. It was a really good move for stability. I think good things are to come with Mullen over the next few years.
    Probably still pissed about "6-3"

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    I think pour Pawl actually sees what Mullen has done with less talent than all SEC teams not Vanderbilt and Kentucky. He sees OM going down in flames and the impact it should have on our talent. He sees how we were only an OL away from knocking Bama off their perch on 2014 and close in 15. He sees our slowly but surely program actually is bulldibf for the long haul, and with some better OL classes, will start pushing for the West due to QB talent and development. Auburn and LSU will always be a threat but it takes a dynamic QB to beat Bama consistently. Look at Clemson and HFF. Paul sees that we are turning into the best QB coached team in the conference and now are bringing in top talent QB with regularity. He's laahing out like a scared and threatened animal.

vCash
    Let's hope not.
    Lol. Been accused of that before, incorrectly of course. However after playing the Kevin Bacon 6 degrees of separation game they said that I helped an ole miss alumni sell a car to a kid at a discount, even though I've never met, spoken to, and still don't even know the name of the guy who sold the car...

As my wife always says "if you buy anybody a damn car, it better be me."

Back to topic, Mullen getting an extension is good for continuity. It's like the Steelers/VaTech model and it's our best chance to be successful. The end of this season was the first time I felt like Mullen was 100% committed to State and I'm glad we repaid that commitment. In the long term, I hope it was the right decision. For State, if the buy out didn't go up its probably a good business decision.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm fine with this. Basically the same salary and I hope it has performance based incentives in it for winning the SEC, winning the West, New Year's six bowl wins, and of course beating Ole Miss. Hopefully there are incentives for a top 15-20 recruiting class as well.

Dan did what I wanted to see in the offseason. Hired a legit DC, finished strong in recruiting, and made a move that helps us work around Hevesy and replaced Sallach.
    To what move are you referring?
    Last edited by blacklistedbully; 02-27-2017 at 08:32 PM.

Banned
    vCash

Somebody should go buy Leo Lewis a car for having the guts to endure the onslaught of hate despite being a teenager. Kids got guts.
    This place was right on for the most part, but no one should take away anything from how great rosebowl ha she been thru all this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    This place was right on for the most part, but no one should take away anything from how great rosebowl ha she been thru all this?
    Your sentence structure is confusing me. Rosebowl has had a great source throughout. Hence my reference to his deep throat. But the point remains, he didn't make Ole Miss cheat. He just actually reported it while the CL and others wouldn't. That started here, but he took it to the next level. And I admit, it was a lot of fun to watch.

vCash
    The great thing about Mullen is that if he wins an SEC championship at State he will go on Finebaum and as Finebaum slobbers over him he will remind him of his past treatment of us because Mullen just doesn't give a shit.

vCash
    To what move are you referring?
    Hiring DJ Looney.

Banned
    vCash
    And like clockwork, Paul Finebaum going on-and-on showing his obvious irritation at us for giving this contract to "a coach who had a losing record last year". Says it's all about poking UNM, and seems to be insinuating we are rewarding Mullen for his role in bringing his BF Hugh down.
    No logic in that take whatsoever. OM has been under major NCAA scrutiny for over a year and will not wrap up their dealings for probably 6 more months at the earliest. Are we supposed to hold off announcing something that has been in the works for 3 months already until they are officially out of the news because of "respect"? I mean, what in the hell?

vCash
    As much shit as I have given Mullen over the years, and at times it has been well deserved I have to say he is here for the long haul and appears committed to taking us back to number 1. Hopefully for longer than 5 weeks this time. Aint gonna lie I was worried at times this year but Danny Two Gloves has knocked it out of the park since the Egg Bowl

vCash
    Hiring DJ Looney.
    IMO, an extension of his contract should have been conditioned upon Mullen removing Hevesy as OL coach.

vCash
    Hiring DJ Looney.
    Oh yeah! Thx for reminding me. Do you think Dan's going to use DJ as the lead and/or "co-recruiter" for Hevesey, even if it's "by territory" rather than position?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    Mullen was told of the cheating in February 2016..... and he held everything on an even playing field.
    No offense, but you've posted like 75 times now and I swear I haven't understood one of them! At first I thought I was just a dumba$$, then I thought you were being coy but now I think you're just posting rambling random crap. Mullen was told in 2016??? Hell, Mullen has known Ole Miss is a bunch of cheaters since 2009! And he's known Freeze was dirty since 2012. Again, maybe I just don't understand your posting style or something...
    MSU = Check Collectors

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GTHOM View Post
    As much shit as I have given Mullen over the years, and at times it has been well deserved I have to say he is here for the long haul and appears committed to taking us back to number 1. Hopefully for longer than 5 weeks this time. Aint gonna lie I was worried at times this year but Danny Two Gloves has knocked it out of the park since the Egg Bowl
    Once his powder puff AD left he was finally held accountable. Something that had rarely occurred since Byrne was his boss.

vCash

Somebody should go buy Leo Lewis a car for having the guts to endure the onslaught of hate despite being a teenager. Kids got guts.
    Haha OM booster already did that