Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Mullen contract about to be announced

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash

New Mullen contract about to be announced

4 year extension. 4.5 million per season.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Extension and a raise after 6-7? Well then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    Beat OM by 35 and in addition to rosebowl orchestrated the demise of OM football**

vCash
    I am fine with it. Especially with rumors of Hughy. Wish they would have waited till Hugh resigned to announce it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Good and bad. No coach should be getting an extension after a losing season (unless you're the Shitbird's coach for the next few years). But on the other side, it should lead to more stability through the next few crucial years of being the only relevant school in the state.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Beat OM by 35 and in addition to rosebowl orchestrated the demise of OM football**
    I am really neither in support of it nor opposed to it, if that makes any sense. But I am surprised he got the raise with the extension. If it had just been the extension but no raise I would have understood it.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    We've wanted to be proactive and take advantage of OM's impending doom....from an appearance standpoint, it shows commitment and stability. I'll trust Cohen until he proves otherwise.

vCash
    Sexton working overtime

vCash
    It's about time. It should have happened last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    he should at least go by Rosebowl a new car. And I'm not joking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    I think he needs a raise after signing the classes he did competing against Ole Miss who was cheating their ass off. All the rumors of what they did now sounds real. Like paying recruits not to visit State.

vCash
    Maybe he isn't truly getting a raise. Based on the last contract, I think coach Mullen was already going to receive around 4.5 million next season. It's hard to know for sure since our last AD liked to purposely obfuscate things when it comes to salaries. Gives Dan 4 year contracts that average "X" amount of dollars over the life of the contract. So, maybe the intense bastard just decided to pay Dan the highest level reached under the old salary agreement for 4 straight years. I'm okay with that I suppose. Not sure any real raise was warranted based on this last season's CF, but an extension of at least 2 years was needed for the perception of stability.

vCash
    I think it's an appropriate extension. Most of the woes last year were on the defense, and it looks to have been rectified.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I think he needs a raise after signing the classes he did competing against Ole Miss who was cheating their ass off. All the rumors of what they did now sounds real. Like paying recruits not to visit State.
    Mullen was told of the cheating in February 2016..... and he held everything on an even playing field.

vCash
    It would have been awfully stupid if we didn't.

vCash
    We needed to show commitment and stability in our football program at this time more so than any time in our history. This extension, the hiring of grantham and English and some other moves shows we are stable and committed. Time to bury the bears and continue the growth and progression we have shown.

vCash
    I'm OK with it, we need coaching stability for recruiting purposes, I just hope we got a serious buyout to our advantage. In Cohen I trust, I think he's smarter than Sexton!

vCash
    And like clockwork, Paul Finebaum going on-and-on showing his obvious irritation at us for giving this contract to "a coach who had a losing record last year". Says it's all about poking UNM, and seems to be insinuating we are rewarding Mullen for his role in bringing his BF Hugh down.

vCash
    17 Pawl!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    he should at least go by Rosebowl a new car. And I'm not joking.
    Lmao. You and Yancy think Rosebowl got them in trouble? They got themselves in trouble. Rosie just helped leak it when they were denying it. Same as this place, although Rosebowl's "deepthroat" was impressive down the stretch. The only two semi-accurate reporting outlets on the NCAA investigation has been here and on scout.

Somebody should go buy Leo Lewis a car for having the guts to endure the onslaught of hate despite being a teenager. Kids got guts.
    Last edited by Political Hack; 02-27-2017 at 08:16 PM.