Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2 more to Tommy John

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I just don't get how you rip mullen and the football team consistently, but God forbid someone question Can and the baseball team. Our baseball team led by Can is the closest thing to perfect since Jesus walked the earth
    I can answer for ISID, Canny has been on the job less than a few months, hasn't had time to recruit yet, still learning who is who, injuries have plagued this pitching staff.

Give the Coach a chance without bitching so much in February, geez.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I can answer for ISID, Canny has been on the job less than a few months, hasn't had time to recruit yet, still learning who is who, injuries have plagued this pitching staff.

Give the Coach a chance without bitching so much in February, geez.
    To me it's the opposite. Mullen is our best FB coach ever. He deserves the benefit of the doubt much more than a new coach.

BTW, I'm very much in Can's corner... doesn't mean I have to agree with everything he does. When I'm wrong about things, I'm quick to post I was wrong... I own what I say

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Somewhere between 9 and 23. Look I've known since the summer we were gonna be hard pressed to be top of sec this year. We've lost too much in the lineup (although I'm pleasantly surprised by the new pieces and think we are gonna be ok there) and the 4 pitching injuries before these 2 new ones. It's just too hard in this league to compete with that happening. That being said we are going to compete and while I think we will prob be somewhere around 12-14 wins this team is going to grow a lot and improve.

I just get tired of the certain posters raising all kinds of mortal hell about our baseball team when they can't see all the obstacles in place before we even started the season. Tons of talent but unproven. Injury ravaged pitching staff. New HC that didn't have a full summer and fall at school. I just don't get why some posters think that is a recipe for repeating as SEC champs. But keep screaming at players in the hope it will magically change I'm gonna enjoy this year and watching our talent grow and get better.
    I'm already prepared for it. We may not be last but we are looking at being in bottom third of the SEC at this point. Just amazes me how much trouble we have consistently fielding a Top 20 baseball team with all of the emphasis we put on it. Have to hand it to Bianco, they may not always achieve what we do but they don't fall back into mediocrity either. At this point I will be pleasantly surprised if we make a regional even as a 2 or 3 seed.

vCash
    To me it's the opposite. Mullen is our best FB coach ever. He deserves the benefit of the doubt much more than a new coach.

BTW, I'm very much in Can's corner... doesn't mean I have to agree with everything he does. When I'm wrong about things, I'm quick to post I was wrong... I own what I say
    Canny will be very good over time, you and others need to be patient, this is a very young team without much experience on the mound.

We talking about February!!!

vCash
    Canny will be very good over time, you and others need to be patient, this is a very young team without much experience on the mound.

Btw 7, do you realize we have only 3 regulars from last year in the lineup, Grid, Rooker and Jake, the rest played part time such as Brown & Stovall. No starting Sec pitcher either. Go figure.

vCash

I hope he is very good. Not sure what you're basing the prediction on though. The can hire is similar to sirmon. You got 2 ex-pro players in their sports, considered rising stars, both considered big time recruiters, and both jumped up to positions they've never held. I hope can works out better than sirmon

vCash
    I hope he is very good. Not sure what you're basing the prediction on though. The can hire is similar to sirmon. You got 2 ex-pro players in their sports, considered rising stars, both considered big time recruiters, and both jumped up to positions they've never held. I hope can works out better than sirmon
    You should talk to Lsu baseball fans, Canny is well respected by the experts. He has been in Starkville less than 4 months.

vCash
    Btw 7, do you realize we have only 3 regulars from last year in the lineup, Grid, Rooker and Jake, the rest played part time such as Brown & Stovall. No starting Sec pitcher either. Go figure.
    Pilk started in the sec last year. Marrero, Stovall, Alexander, and brown all started in 20 or more games last year

vCash
    Pitching has cost this teams losses, not hitting, defense or lineups. With Pitching we wouldn't be having this questioning of Canny.

vCash
    Would be similar if Sirmon had been hired in July without getting to coach his players prior to August.

vCash
    Bad analogy between Cann and Sirmon. Cann at LSU was the equivalent of an OC/DC at LSU.

vCash
    Pilk started in the sec last year. Marrero, Stovall, Alexander, and brown all started in 20 or more games last year
    Known of those guys were stars last year, mostly role players, we lost way more than what those guys contributed.

Pitching is our problem, with any we would be unbeaten.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Bad analogy between Cann and Sirmon. Cann at LSU was the equivalent of an OC/DC at LSU.
    Maybe you can make 7 understand, no way can I help him. All I know is what Lsu thought of Canny and the Pro's with his ability to recognize talent, teach hitting and recruit at Lsu.

vCash
    Maybe so, but PM won before Cann and he'll win without him, so it's hard to credit lsu's success to Cann.

vCash
    Again- this is not happening because of Wes and his weighted balls. It's happening because of overuse in travel ball. There is a reason why MLB is looking at ways to limit pitching at the youth level and also why there isn't a crusade against weighted balls.

vCash
    Maybe you can make 7 understand, no way can I help him. All I know is what Lsu thought of Canny and the Pro's with his ability to recognize talent, teach hitting and recruit at Lsu.
    I've gotten in an argument where it looks like I'm saying Can won't be successful and that's hardly my position. I think he can and will be successful... I'm just saying he's not above criticism.

vCash
    Maybe so, but PM won before Cann and he'll win without him, so it's hard to credit lsu's success to Cann.
    Well they fired their hitting coach who I think was Javi Sanchez and then when they hired Cann their offensive numbers went through the roof and they almost immediately improved. Not only that but all of their fans and players hated to see Cann go whereas with Sirmon I could care less if the door hit him on his way out.

Not only that but LSU fans were royally pissed at Manieri over the offense and many wanted him gone. That changed after Cann got there. You could possibly argue that Cann saved Manieri's job and at the very least got him off of the hot seat.

vCash
    I've gotten in an argument where it looks like I'm saying Can won't be successful and that's hardly my position. I think he can and will be successful... I'm just saying he's not above criticism.
    You can criticize but there are factors that have to be acknowledged that sometimes explain his reasoning. Our three losses this year:

Lost to top 20 Texas Tech and almost came back on them. Not a bad loss.
    Lost to Morehead State because we had a guy that we didn't know was hurt fell apart.
    Lost to Marist and you can criticize not bringing in Self but we also didn't have Rigby available and I can't blame him for wanting to try to save Self some.

vCash
    Again- this is not happening because of Wes and his weighted balls. It's happening because of overuse in travel ball. There is a reason why MLB is looking at ways to limit pitching at the youth level and also why there isn't a crusade against weighted balls.
    Ironically I was ripped unmercifully here last season for my constant criticism of Wes Johnson. I was never impressed with him and said as much

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    I just don't get how you rip mullen and the football team consistently, but God forbid someone question Can and the baseball team. Our baseball team led by Can is the closest thing to perfect since Jesus walked the earth
    First Mullen has a body of work that has parts that can be ripped. Baseball has played 9 ****ing games under Cannizzarro. 9!!!! And I certainly never said they were perfect or will be. You are getting close to be worse than the will james poster.