Thread: Amazing that the week "IT" came out.

vCash

Amazing that the week "IT" came out.

Our sports, arguably had our worst week in a calendar year or more. Can we not stand prosperity and separate ourselves from that bunch?

vCash
    No. Never have. Never will.

vCash
    The two aren't related. We have a young basketball and baseball team. Everyone that pays attention was expecting growing pains this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    The two aren't related. We have a young basketball and baseball team. Everyone that pays attention was expecting growing pains this season.
    You left out women's basketball

vCash
    What about women's team shatting the bed two straight, win just 1 we're SEC Champs for the first time ever in women's sports.

vCash
    maybe coach Vic has been spending too much time on Elitedawgs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klong-dog View Post
    What about women's team shatting the bed two straight, win just 1 we're SEC Champs for the first time ever in women's sports.
    What got me were people writing off the UK loss by saying "It was senior night on the road. You knew they were going to come out fired up." followed up yesterday by "We should change how we do senior day. It makes our players too emotional." After laying the turd at UK, I'm suprised we kept it as close as we did yesterday. You could see that one coming from a mile away and it had nothing to do with senior day.

vCash
    What did it have to do with then? We all of a sudden suck?

vCash
    Also loses #1 seed unless we kick ass in the SEC tournament.

vCash
    What did it have to do with then? We all of a sudden suck?
    Not all of a sudden. We've gotten lucky quite a few times this year and have had some stretches to where we can't hit the broad side of a barn with our shots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    Not all of a sudden. We've gotten lucky quite a few times this year and have had some stretches to where we can't hit the broad side of a barn with our shots.
    Lucky? Can't recall many that we eeeked out, Georgia we definitely did. We were bad that game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    What got me were people writing off the UK loss by saying "It was senior night on the road. You knew they were going to come out fired up." followed up yesterday by "We should change how we do senior day. It makes our players too emotional." After laying the turd at UK, I'm suprised we kept it as close as we did yesterday. You could see that one coming from a mile away and it had nothing to do with senior day.
    Yea, apparently we are the only school who has players unable to deal with the emotions of Senior Day. Noticed the SC WBB team didn't have any problems yesterday kicking KY to the curb on Senior Day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yea, apparently we are the only school who has players unable to deal with the emotions of Senior Day. Noticed the SC WBB team didn't have any problems yesterday kicking KY to the curb on Senior Day.
    Maybe since we're the only university in the league to never win a championship in women's sport, it's over bearing emotional pressure for them***

vCash
    Maybe since we're the only university in the league to never win a championship in women's sport, it's over bearing emotional pressure for them***
    Reminds me of the time Polk made the comment that we didn't play as well at home because the crowd put too much pressure on our players. I'm like, did he really just say that????

vCash
    Lucky? Can't recall many that we eeeked out, Georgia we definitely did. We were bad that game.
    Maybe lucky wasn't the right word, but we've definitely struggled for some extended stretches in several games where we simply out-talented the opponent. You can't always do that as the last 2 games have shown.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Our sports, arguably had our worst week in a calendar year or more. Can we not stand prosperity and separate ourselves from that bunch?
    You should've just done what you wanted & complained about us having a bad sports week. Using OM football sanctions as a lead up was unnecessary & pointless. Esp when they're baseball & basketball teams are better than ours this year. What separation was you looking for this week?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    You're almost certainly right. I think it was the pressure of winning and having "never been there before" that caused the collapse. They were tight and just couldn't play their usual loose game. Even at that though, I personally think that Senior Day is blown way out of proportion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    You should've just done what you wanted & complained about us having a bad sports week. Using OM football sanctions as a lead up was unnecessary & pointless. Esp when they're baseball & basketball teams are better than ours this year. What separation was you looking for this week?
    Because I thought it kinda strange and yet shitty at the same time, for us to have our most terrible week in recent memory, the same week as their shit storm coming out in the open. If it were a different week, I wouldn't have brought it up.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Because I thought it kinda strange and yet shitty at the same time, for us to have our most terrible week in recent memory, the same week as their shit storm coming out in the open. If it were a different week, I wouldn't have brought it up.
    No doubt odd timing. I would still rather be in our shoes than theirs.