Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mississippi minister calls Rosebowl "drug-dealer associated with Miss State"

vCash

Mississippi minister calls Rosebowl "drug-dealer associated with Miss State"

Last week on Finebaum, this asshole came on after "John from Gulfport", basically calling John out for lying, and claimed the main-source for all these claims of UNM cheating comes from a known drug-dealer that is associated with Miss. State. He was suggesting we should consider-the-source when it comes to these allegations.

Obviously, he's referring to Rosebowl. But, correct me if I'm wrong, but Rosie was never a dealer. He was an alcoholic and a user at a young age, and spent a short time in prison for robbery, but is known to have reformed himself, cleaned himself up, and has been sober for many years. If anything, he could now be considered a role-model for other recovering substance abusers.

Here's another thing I find appalling, This, "Mike from MIssissippi" who claims he is a minister and a UNM fan is not only lying on national tv, but is publicly slandering a guy for something he never even did.

What kind of minister would do such a thing? What true man-of-God would put love of his university above his obligation to be a principled, ethical leader of his church? Where are his Christian values?

Anybody else hear that BS and know who he is? We should out that sorry sack-of-shit.
    Last edited by blacklistedbully; 02-26-2017 at 04:24 PM.

vCash
    A true Man of God would never say these things. My Pastor is a college football fan and he doesn't speak a word of any of this, especially during service. He certainly wouldn't dream of calling into a radio show or Finebaum and commenting on anything other than his faith.

vCash
    I wonder if Guy Odom has chimed in on any medium lately. SR used to live in Canton, which is where Odom's church is located.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    I wonder if Guy Odom has chimed in on any medium lately. SR used to live in Canton, which is where Odom's church is located.
    Does he have a somewhat funny-sounding voice, almost like he's still going through puberty? Not high-pitched, but with a fair amount of his voice breaking a bit?

vCash
    I've never heard him speak.

vCash
    Must be the Associate Pastor of the Church of Our Holy Freezus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    Last week on Finebaum, this asshole came on after "John from Gulfport", basically calling John out for lying, and claimed the main-source for all these claims of UNM cheating comes from a known drug-dealer that is associated with Miss. State. He was suggesting we should consider-the-source when it comes to these allegations.

Obviously, he's referring to Rosebowl. But, correct me if I'm wrong, but Rosie was never a dealer. He was an alcoholic and a user at a young age, and spent a short time in prison for robbery, but is known to have reformed himself, cleaned himself up, and has been sober for many years. If anything, he could now be considered a role-model for other recovering substance abusers.

Here's another thing I find appalling, This, "Mike from MIssissippi" who claims he is a minister and a UNM fan is not only lying on national tv, but is publicly slandering a guy for something he never even did.

What kind of minister would do such a thing? What true man-of-God would put love of his university above his obligation to be a principled, ethical leader of his church? Where are his Christian values?

Anybody else hear that BS and know who he is? We should out that sorry sack-of-shit.
    Meh. Just reminds me of the difference in our fan bases

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    I found a video of Odom. Didn't sound like him.

Anybody here have a minister named Mike who you know to be a UNM fan?

vCash
    Sounds like a solid slander and libel case. I would certainly try to find out who he is. Also might go after Paul for airing something like that.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm going to pretend to be a UM homer here, see how I do. Why don't we get a lawyer to subpoena the telephone records from the Finebaum show and track this piece of shat down and sue the ever loving pew out of him. How'd I do? Would that work?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Sounds like a solid slander and libel case. I would certainly try to find out who he is. Also might go after Paul for airing something like that.
    Paul gave him all the time he wanted....a lot more than he gave John from Gulfport.

And did you hear Paul cut that caller short who was trying to have fun with, "The NCAA hitting UNM like a hurricane"? PF acted repulsed and indignant because the guys was using a hurricane in an area that's been hit hard by hurricanes.

Finebaum is such an ass.

vCash
    I'm an an ordained pastor in the united Methodist church. Watching a a coach use his faith to promote his football program is as despicable as a pastor using his pulpit to promote his fandom. It's fairly easy to be both a fan and a person of faith without insulting both at the same time.

vCash
    Maybe this "pastor" should go to Oxford and explain to Hugh the meaning of marriage vows.

Banned
    vCash
    Much is demanded from Ordained Ministers of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. A minister of the Gospel flirts with Eternal Damnation, when he allows his school loyalties to take precedence over the preaching the Gospel.

That pesky Commandment "Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness" can also rise up to snag this Minister of the Gospel and drag him down to the Lake of Fire. That, and slandering one of the Children of God.

vCash
    I heard it also. Can't identify the guy. I was disgusted to say the least.

SR, unlike others,..has been upfront with the mistakes he's made, admits he's an addict, and when the subject comes up, he'll use the opportunity to educate the ignorant.

I somewhat doubt that caller would have the integrity to stand in front of his congregation and lay out his past for all to digest. But you and I won't get the time on PF's show for rebuttals. Doesn't seem as though Steve would either if he wanted it,..but I'd love to hear it.

vCash
    To clarify. Steve never lived in Canton to my knowledge. His father lived in Canton. Steve lived with his mother (in Columbia maybe, not sure). Steve's parents were divorced. Steve obviously visited his father in Canton regularly.

Steve was a good guy growing up. Starting getting into drinking and drugs in high school and college, and went through some real low points. No excuses, he made some mistakes and paid for them. The drugs turned him into a not-so-good-guy. Then he finally got clean and has been clean since. I remember him and his brother Pat. I also know his two step-sisters, his half-sister, and his step-mom. I really liked his dad, Freddie.

Steve fought addiction. Early on, addiction won. Later, Steve beat it and I admire him for it. Many can never beat addiction. I believe he is clean now, has been for many years, and pray he stays that way. And Steve does not hide from his mistakes, nor make excuses for them.

vCash
    Can I State the obvious and ask...why in the hey is an ordained minister concerned enough with Steve Robertson to take the time to call in a regional talk show and talk about him?

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    None of it matters. The ncaa is doing this. It's not Steve or anyone else just saying all this shit then the NCAA says ok we will do that. Shitbirds are ****ing morons.

vCash
    In the end, it all goes back to them: Had they not cheated, they wouldn't have been caught because there would be no reason to. They can only blame their own athletics programs, and not anyone else.

Banned
    vCash
    Did anyone expect anything else?