Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vs vandy gamethead

vCash
    Freshmen usually hit walls. Problem is we have an entire team of them. We are also unbalanced position wise. Q has to work extremely hard with our personnel to get a look. Our offense has no end point or goal.

I think we will get better after an offseason that will return pretty much our entire team. Plus the addition of 2 or maybe 3 guys that can play in the paint.

Yea it's ugly right now but Rick Ray didn't lose his entire roster of seniors after his first year. Also Ray was bringing in some of the worst power 5 prospects I have ever seen, his JUCO patchwork was atrocious. At least howland is bringing in quality players and not showing to have any recruiting years where he doesn't bring in anyone of note.

vCash
    What concerns me is that we look like we have no idea what want to do on the offensive end. Floor spacing is bad, ball movement is bad, nobody moves without the ball. And we take so long to get into our sets. We waste 8-12 seconds every possession just carelessly dribbling around the peremeter.

vCash
    Well, we will have a much better front court next year. Having to depend on Holman/Herard this year has been a nightmare.

Banned
    vCash
    This shit is shit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I've defended Howland all year due to youth....but damn. This ain't ALL a youth problem. Youth gets better as the year goes on. Youth shows growth from game to game. We are too talented to be getting worse. I had low expectations but I'm still disappointed in the way this season is going. I was fine with this record when we were competing against UK and others and coming up short. But now, it looks like we've quit. Disappointing

Not sure how talented we really are. Down low, we stink. Period.
    Herard is a project who is awful on the defensive end.
    Holman thinks he is a guard and his attitude and consistency need significant improvement
    Datcher - not sure why we signed him. Could see him exiting after the season

Our Guards/Wings all have some positives but they all also have some glaring weaknesses with the most obvious one they all share is on the defensive end. How many times did Tyree for Ole Miss blow right by Peters in the 2nd half and OT??? It was embarrassing. Q has had his fair share of struggles in man to man. Stapleton's lateral quickness has been hurt by multiple knee surgeries. I could go on and on

We need more talent. Period. We need major help down low. Period. Can Ado wipe away all of our issues in the paint???
    Let's hope so. And being a good defender starts with desire and effort. Howland has to find a way to light a fire under this team or we are in trouble.

Banned
    vCash
    Howland doesn't give a 17. Just wanted some money for his grandkids. 17 this shit. Tired.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    What most leave out in the howland has won conference in year 3 is at Pitt and ucla, he made the postseason in year 2. He was 19-14 and lost to us in NIT in 2000-1 at Pitt. He was 18-11 and lost in first round of NCAA at ucla in 2004-5. I'm not saying we won't make a huge jump next season, but we aren't in any way following howland's path at his last 2 stops
    And at Northern Arizona, which most closely matches this situation with a near total turnover of the roster after year 1, they were worse in year 2, then still made the same huge jump in year 3.

Plenty of our fans said this year doesn't really matter, that year 3 is the test...yet here we sit, trying to make judgements and overreacting in year 2. I get it, because we're fans, but the fact remains - this whole team will make a big jump next year. Just be patient.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    And at Northern Arizona, which most closely matches this situation with a near total turnover of the roster after year 1, they were worse in year 2, then still made the same huge jump in year 3.

Plenty of our fans said this year doesn't really matter, that year 3 is the test...yet here we sit, trying to make judgements and overreacting in year 2. I get it, because we're fans, but the fact remains - this whole team will make a big jump next year. Just be patient.
    Look who you're quoting... I'm never patient haha

I can handle losing bc I didn't expect to be a postseason team this year, but we don't seem to be improving at all and that's the concerning part to me. I'm just really disappointed in how we're limping down the stretch when I thought we would be hitting our stride. I wasn't the only one either... until recently the announcers were saying we'd be a team no one wanted to face in the sec tourney. HA! We're exactly who I'd want to play if I were an opposing team