Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vs vandy gamethead

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Goodness, people.
    Whatever man. Just whatever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    The Ole Miss game at Oxford. 27 point beatdown that Howland said was important.
    We've surpassed that now ... down 33 at the moment. Going for new heights.

vCash
    Goodness, people.
    What do we do well smoot? I'm not saying fire howland, but this is an awful performance by him this season

vCash
    How anyone can defend this team or howland right now is just beyond me.

vCash
    33 to 7 Vandy run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    What do we do well smoot? I'm not saying fire howland, but this is an awful performance by him this season
    This is exactly why I said we should be cautious about preseason expectations. With this many young, inexperienced players you never have any idea what you're going to get.

This year isn't a success, obviously. No one is trying to suggest that. But is it a disaster that means Howland has done a terrible job or has lost the team? No. It means we're super young and inexperienced.

Think about freshmen who get playing time on good teams. You know how they do dumb things from time to time that people chalk up as 'freshman mistakes'? Well, that's our whole freaking team. Yes, they do dumb things and make bad mistakes. Because they're all freshmen. Those mistakes aren't mitigated, they're compounded because everybody's making them.

Next year is the year where we have much more of an idea of what we have and should expect. This year was always just going to be a crapshoot and an up-and-down ride.

vCash
    Agreed. Howland picked the worst time in his career to have his worst coached season. But, this is by far the worst coached team I have seen him lead. Just terrible all the way around. Last year's team played billion times better then this and they had legitimate chemistry issues. They also got better as the season went along. This one has regressed to the point of I don't even want to watch them and can we forfeit the rest of our games this season bad.

vCash
    Om wins... 18-11 now. They're the best basketball program in the state by a lightyear.

vCash
    Having freshmen don't excuse effort but keep defending this team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    Having freshmen don't excuse effort but keep defending this team
    Yes, I will keep defending the least experienced team in the country. Sue me.

vCash
    Biggest blowout of the season sissy pups lose 77-48.

vCash
    Yes, I will keep defending the least experienced team in the country. Sue me.
    While I agree that we are a young team and are due for freshman brain farts here and there. I can't excuse getting worse every game though. I don't know what the problem is. We had 40 minute long freshman brain fart today. And it STANK!

vCash
    6th loss in a row. Howland has a hell of a lot to answer for going into next season.

vCash
    Hey we scored 48 and cut it to 29. Quite a show of heart and desire!******

vCash
    The sec is expected to have 4 teams in the tourney. We have lost 6 straight and since our 3-1 start, we're 2-10 in conference. Again, the sec is a 4 team conference... we are God awful at basketball.

I almost welcome some guys to leave after the season. I'd have no problem going after a couple graduate transfers -- one in back court and one in front court.

vCash
    The sec is expected to have 4 teams in the tourney. We have lost 6 straight and since our 3-1 start, we're 2-10 in conference. Again, the sec is a 4 team conference... we are God awful at basketball.

I almost welcome some guys to leave after the season. I'd have no problem going after a couple graduate transfers -- one in back court and one in front court.
    Me too. Any of these attitude asshats want to leave. Go for it.

vCash
    They are much closer to being Sophomores and a Junior (Q), at this stage of the season. Maybe they are "sandbagging" to win the SEC tourney and get the automatic NCAA bid. Not!!***** This "team" is much worse after nearly a year of experience.

vCash
    I don't know what it is but this always happens when you allow a coach to build with no consequence and allow them "throw away" years. I hope Howland's gambles pay off. We are 50/50 when it comes to this. We struck out with Rick Ray and his building with no consequence. We hit a homerun when Cohen did it. So now we are here. At least he has done it before. That is the only reason that gives me hope he gets it turned around here.

vCash
    I've defended Howland all year due to youth....but damn. This ain't ALL a youth problem. Youth gets better as the year goes on. Youth shows growth from game to game. We are too talented to be getting worse. I had low expectations but I'm still disappointed in the way this season is going. I was fine with this record when we were competing against UK and others and coming up short. But now, it looks like we've quit. Disappointing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    I don't know what it is but this always happens when you allow a coach to build with no consequence and allow them "throw away" years. I hope Howland's gambles pay off. We are 50/50 when it comes to this. We struck out with Rick Ray and his building with no consequence. We hit a homerun when Cohen did it. So now we are here. At least he has done it before. That is the only reason that gives me hope he gets it turned around here.
    What most leave out in the howland has won conference in year 3 is at Pitt and ucla, he made the postseason in year 2. He was 19-14 and lost to us in NIT in 2000-1 at Pitt. He was 18-11 and lost in first round of NCAA at ucla in 2004-5. I'm not saying we won't make a huge jump next season, but we aren't in any way following howland's path at his last 2 stops