Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vs vandy gamethead

vCash

Vs vandy gamethead

Just can't score

vCash
    I just don't understand why we've gotten so much worse. We can't even catch now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    I just don't understand why we've gotten so much worse. We can't even catch now
    And we can't lay it up successfully if we do

vCash
    We don't do anything well anymore. We play lazy, can't handle the ball, and just look half ass all the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    We don't do anything well anymore. We play lazy, can't handle the ball, and just look half ass all the time.
    Yep. In case you guys haven't noticed, I watch all basketball, baseball, and football games. This basketball team is really making it hard though... I just don't like this team.

vCash
    Honestly I don't think we're as talented as people thought we were. Our team strength is basically spot up shooting and we're mediocre at that.

vCash
    5-min scoring drought...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    Honestly I don't think we're as talented as people thought we were. Our team strength is basically spot up shooting and we're mediocre at that.
    We are really, really talented.

vCash
    I have no clue how we are even playing teams close. We play so bad.

vCash
    I hope every position is open following the last game of the year. I don't see any player that should be wrote in the starting 5 with a pen

vCash
    This is a group of individuals who have all been the best player on their AAU or High School teams. None of them know anything about playing team BB or being a role player. Some will leave after this year as most are sure that they are better than they really are. The ones that stay will be a year older, but not a year better. Maybe Nick, Brooks, and Ado will help but their addition will help keep us one of the youngest again. Doesn't matter who this bunch plays, they look the same every game.

vCash
    Watching this makes you feel bad all over. I'm not sure if I'm gonna watch the rest of the schedule.

vCash
    Worst coaching job by Ben Howland in his career and I'll stick by that statement.

vCash
    Eli should play way more. Stapleton thinks he's Kobe. Our big men can't catch, defend, or not travel.

vCash
    My problem now with Howland is that goals for this year are done. Tell them to learn to play defense or their butts will be glued to the bench. We play just atrocious defense half of the time.

Around the KY game I had some hope for this team. We were playing better: moving the ball well on offense and giving more effort on defense. Since that game we have regressed tremendously and that's incredibly disappointing

vCash
    Afraid the amt of posts and posters on this threat show how few of us can stand to watch. As Motley Crue sang, "It's the Same Ole, Same Ole Situation", every game with these guys. All of them now have a year under their belt and they look and play worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    This is a group of individuals who have all been the best player on their AAU or High School teams. None of them know anything about playing team BB or being a role player. Some will leave after this year as most are sure that they are better than they really are. The ones that stay will be a year older, but not a year better. Maybe Nick, Brooks, and Ado will help but their addition will help keep us one of the youngest again. Doesn't matter who this bunch plays, they look the same every game.
    They have regressed to this point. When they were 3-1 they looked like the talent that Howland brought in. Ready got hurt that jump started this losing streak and it kind of snowballed from there.

vCash
    I can't stand how we play man 100% of the time. I understand we're trying to learn it, but I don't want to lose so many games that we lose all confidence. If we just play zone 15-20% of the time, we probably win some of these close losses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I can't stand how we play man 100% of the time. I understand we're trying to learn it, but I don't want to lose so many games that we lose all confidence. If we just play zone 15-20% of the time, we probably win some of these close losses.
    No shit but Howland doesn't teach zone. He is stubborn that way. Heck, if we switched to zone, we probably don't foul as much either.

vCash
    The Bible says that you are blessed to have a son in your old age. I will soon be 62 years young (MSU Class of '77), and have a 33 year old daughter and a 16 year old son. My son is True Maroon with his favorite two teams MSU and whoever is playing UNM (like his dad!). We look forward to watching the BB games together each week and it feels like watching the movie, "Groundhog Day", every week no matter who we play.***