Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Implications of the Leo allegation

Banned
    vCash

Implications of the Leo allegation

One talking point that OM fans have persistently churned out since all the Leo rumors started was "Well, if we paid $15k, how much did he get from State? Obviously way more!". Aside from the sheer ignorance of the fact that he obviously got the $15k whether he signed with OM or not, let's look at the flip side to this argument.

OM says we had to have paid way more. Well, OM gave a guy $15k in what essentially amounts to a party favor from an official visit, a lump sum in exchange for a verbal commitment, or some other "no strings attached" booster connection. If they are shelling out that kind of money to guys who haven't even signed with them and could easily go elsewhere still, how much are they paying the guys that actually do sign with them after the ink is dry? The obvious answer is "a hell of a lot more". Its the implication there that I think the NCAA will certainly consider when handing out the final penalties. They know damn well that even in the 15 Level I's that they only got the tip of the iceberg, and I think that is really what is going to lead to major sanctions more than anything.

vCash
    Excellent points. OM people act like he turned down $15k to go to State. He didn't.

vCash
    Refresh my memory if I'm wrong, but didn't the red and blue "gift bags" provided to Ole Miss recruits allegedly contain 15K?

vCash
    I'm surprised more recruits don't do this. Yeah UM...SURE I'll sign with you...then take the money and go where you want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I'm surprised more recruits don't do this. Yeah UM...SURE I'll sign with you...then take the money and go where you want.
    A LOT did...they just didn't tell the NCAA about it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    A LOT did...they just didn't tell the NCAA about it
    8 did talk......

vCash
    They need to look up the word "immunity " and then grease up for the brown eye surprise!! Should be epic!!

QUOTE=HSVDawg;710815]One talking point that OM fans have persistently churned out since all the Leo rumors started was "Well, if we paid $15k, how much did he get from State? Obviously way more!". Aside from the sheer ignorance of the fact that he obviously got the $15k whether he signed with OM or not, let's look at the flip side to this argument.

OM says we had to have paid way more. Well, OM gave a guy $15k in what essentially amounts to a party favor from an official visit, a lump sum in exchange for a verbal commitment, or some other "no strings attached" booster connection. If they are shelling out that kind of money to guys who haven't even signed with them and could easily go elsewhere still, how much are they paying the guys that actually do sign with them after the ink is dry? The obvious answer is "a hell of a lot more". Its the implication there that I think the NCAA will certainly consider when handing out the final penalties. They know damn well that even in the 15 Level I's that they only got the tip of the iceberg, and I think that is really what is going to lead to major sanctions more than anything.[/QUOTE]
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsofAnarchy View Post
    They need to look up the word "immunity " and then grease up for the brown eye surprise!! Should be epic!!

QUOTE=HSVDawg;710815]One talking point that OM fans have persistently churned out since all the Leo rumors started was "Well, if we paid $15k, how much did he get from State? Obviously way more!". Aside from the sheer ignorance of the fact that he obviously got the $15k whether he signed with OM or not, let's look at the flip side to this argument.

OM says we had to have paid way more. Well, OM gave a guy $15k in what essentially amounts to a party favor from an official visit, a lump sum in exchange for a verbal commitment, or some other "no strings attached" booster connection. If they are shelling out that kind of money to guys who haven't even signed with them and could easily go elsewhere still, how much are they paying the guys that actually do sign with them after the ink is dry? The obvious answer is "a hell of a lot more". Its the implication there that I think the NCAA will certainly consider when handing out the final penalties. They know damn well that even in the 15 Level I's that they only got the tip of the iceberg, and I think that is really what is going to lead to major sanctions more than anything.
    [/QUOTE]

You have no idea how much is to come. The three stooges on a you tube vedio, why not have a press conference? You all know why.

vCash
    Why is everyone so infatuated with Leo? Does everyone think he's the only one who opened up to the NCAA? Come on people.

vCash
    Prospective Student Athletes A through E are in the NOA. Leo is #TheNarrative.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Why is everyone so infatuated with Leo? Does everyone think he's the only one who opened up to the NCAA? Come on people.
    Its only OM fans who are infatuated with him. I think many folks (myself included) are just pointing out the ridiculousness of their futile arguments.

vCash
    This is just another part of their collective grief cycle. They have come out of denial and are now in the anger stage. They are looking for someone to blame and lash out at.

Don't worry about it. Their next phase is depression.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Yep. Leo didn't cause 15 level 1's. He's just one small piece to the puzzle.

vCash
    If you go back and read Coach34's original post on the Network I am pretty sure it sort of lays out the "payment plan" for a high end recruit. It was like a certain amount paid for a visit, higher amount paid for a commitment and then if you actually sign there is more a long term payment plan. Anyway that's what I remember but yes, for Leo or any other top recruit, the bonus to commit is a rather paltry amount compared to the total the recruit would receive over their playing career if they actually signed on. But, of course, its much, much harder to get someone to roll on UNM that actually chose to play there so the NCAA would have a significantly harder job getting evidence on the long term payment plan.

vCash
    [QUOTE=maroonmania;711151]If you go back and read Coach34's original post on the Network I am pretty sure it sort of lays out the "payment plan" for a high end recruit. It was like a certain amount paid for a visit, higher amount paid for a commitment and then if you actually sign there is more a long term payment plan. Anyway that's what I remember but yes, for Leo or any other top recruit, the bonus to commit is a rather paltry amount compared to the total the recruit would receive over their playing career if they actually signed on. But, of course, its much, much harder to get someone to roll on UNM that actually chose to play there so the NCAA would have a significantly harder job getting evidence on the long term payment

I've always thought this was more of a "sting" type deal. Is this not the case?

Banned
    vCash
    15k prior to signing day was nothing but a cup of coffee in the whole scheme of things when looking at the Ole Miss network in its entirety.

vCash
    At this point anything Ole Miss says about MSU is going to viewed by the NCAA as a little kid trying to redirect blame to someone else and laugh.

Banned
    vCash
    What concerns me though is they are spouting Leo bullshit as if without him, their troubles would be minimal and over. They are redirecting the narrative towards us despite the evidence pointing towards so many other bigger programs on top of the "snitch " list. We were no significant player in their demise and they just can't accept that.

They realize if we capitalize properly on their problems, it will compound their downfall and extend the recovery process. So they attack us.

vCash
    Ole Miss has paid multiple players currently at State, Bama, and FSU. Free money. They didn't need to get paid by the other school. Once they were educated that they could take that money without risking their eligibility so long as they went to another school, they took it and ran. That's what these idiots don't understand. They're trying to use logic that doesn't exist. They actually created a situation where the kids could get paid without risking their eligibility. Easy choice...

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Ole Miss has paid multiple players currently at State, Bama, and FSU. Free money. They didn't need to get paid by the other school. Once they were educated that they could take that money without risking their eligibility so long as they went to another school, they took it and ran. That's what these idiots don't understand. They're trying to use logic that doesn't exist. They actually created a situation where the kids could get paid without risking their eligibility. Easy choice...
    Spot On.