Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ''Contesting charges''

vCash

''Contesting charges''

For people who are smarter and know more than me, OM says they are contesting the charges of LOIC and failure to monitor on Rev. Freeze. I understand what they mean but am confused about how they think they are going to do it. Has any school ever made the NCAA change their mind after they've already issued a charge? Is it like a court case with witnesses and testimonies and all? Is Rev. Freeze going to go full Jimmy Swaggart???

vCash
    What is their alternative? Accept the charges? Either way they end up in the same place, may as well contest it.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    What is their alternative? Accept the charges? Either way they end up in the same place, may as well contest it.
    I get that. I reckon what I'm asking is, do they really think they are gonna get it overturned, if so how the hell do they do it? Or is it just for show

vCash
    From what I've heard it's hard to get LOIC taken off. That's the most serious charge and the NCAA doesn't throw that out there unless they feel certain. Now getting a few allegations down graded from level 1 to level 2 and so forth does happen. LOIC usually sticks though as does failure to monitor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GTHOM View Post
    I get that. I reckon what I'm asking is, do they really think they are gonna get it overturned, if so how the hell do they do it? Or is it just for show
    I'm sure they are contriving a plan that gives them hope, but its highly highly unlikely they get out of those charges.

If found guilty, everyone is fired, so they may as well fight them.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I'm sure they are contriving a plan that gives them hope, but its highly highly unlikely they get out of those charges.

If found guilty, everyone is fired, so they may as well fight them.
    If they had a president with any integrity or half a sac they would've already cleaned house.

vCash
    If the NCAA sticks to their guns (the revised penalty structure) even if OM manages to get a few charges lowered, a level 2 violation can hurt just as bad as a 1. OM is up shit creek without a paddle. Although I do think it will be interesting to hear their case. Freeze might be overcome with the spirit

vCash
    Half their staff has been named in the notice. That is the definition of LOIC and failure to monitor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    If they had a president with any integrity or half a sac they would've already cleaned house.
    Apparently he is impotent in this matter.

vCash
    Vitter is the handpicked stooge of the Network after they maneuvered Dan Jones out. He is following their dictates and they want to keep Bjork and Freeze (their boys) in to do their bidding. Just listen to Vitter on that video, you can tell that's a man with real backbone*****.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GTHOM View Post
    If the NCAA sticks to their guns (the revised penalty structure) even if OM manages to get a few charges lowered, a level 2 violation can hurt just as bad as a 1. OM is up shit creek without a paddle. Although I do think it will be interesting to hear their case. Freeze might be overcome with the spirit
    I know it's not but wouldn't it be great if the COI was broadcast on TV? I can just see Freeze, Bjork and a bunch of OM lawyers pulling their best spin out and the COI looking at them dead faced. Then after hours and and days of OM spouting psycho babble the acting chair would just say "stop it, that's enough". The COI would vote to give them the death penalty or enough penalties to create a walking dead penalty. And that's when the full Swaggart moment would happen. Great television.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Put it on Pay per View for out of towners and then play it at Davis Wade Stadium.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Apparently he is impotent in this matter.
    Maybe he needs to call his brother and get a number for a good hooker.

vCash
    It's like taking the plea deal or fighting in court. Ole miss has talked to the NCAA. They know what the far end of the sanctions could be and "plea deals" are discussed before there is a decision to go before the COI. Ole Miss had a chance to skip the COI and agree to sanctions. Thay didn't happen, which means either 1) the NCAA didn't accept their self-imposed sanctions and/or 2) Ole Miss wasn't willing to accept the level of sanctions the NCAA is looking for and has chosen to fight it.

What they're failing to understand is that they think they're going to come in with some mitigating circumstances and then have a ton of additional evidence dumped on their heads during the hearing that corroborates all the allegations in the 2nd NOA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    It's like taking the plea deal or fighting in court. Ole miss has talked to the NCAA. They know what the far end of the sanctions could be and "plea deals" are discussed before there is a decision to go before the COI. Ole Miss had a chance to skip the COI and agree to sanctions. Thay didn't happen, which means either 1) the NCAA didn't accept their self-imposed sanctions and/or 2) Ole Miss wasn't willing to accept the level of sanctions the NCAA is looking for and has chosen to fight it.

What they're failing to understand is that they think they're going to come in with some mitigating circumstances and then have a ton of additional evidence dumped on their heads during the hearing that corroborates all the allegations in the 2nd NOA.
    Their leaders have handled this entire process in the absolute worst fashion (which is good for us). They've got to come to terms with the fact that while many of the amounts listed in the violations are not significant, the fact that they're on the hook for 15 level I's (THAT WE KNOW OF) is most egregious as that in and of itself shows a system in place to repeatedly CHEAT and violate NCAA rules!

No other institution has ever come close to that many serious violations. They have nuked themselves, those dumbasses!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Their leaders have handled this entire process in the absolute worst fashion (which is good for us). They've got to come to terms with the fact that while many of the amounts listed in the violations are not significant, the fact that they're on the hook for 15 level I's (THAT WE KNOW OF) is most egregious as that in and of itself shows a system in place to repeatedly CHEAT and violate NCAA rules!

No other institution has ever come close to that many serious violations. They have nuked themselves, those dumbasses!
    The NCAA knows they only scratched the surface. More than likely from their investigation they have figured out there is a Network in place ran by Freeze to cheat. They may not be able to prove all of it but they can enforce what they have to the maximum amount. Similar to a judge being able to give between 1-5 years in prison. They will probably get the max because the NCAA knows they deserve worse.

vCash
    Not sure how you could fight the LOIC when the head coach instigated an in house meeting with a booster and a recruit. Any honest compliance dept. would be compelled to self report this, even if they proposed that it was some sort of accident where an involved party didn't know another would be present.

The sheer # of lvl 1 violations makes LOIC a sure thing.

The only hope the plantation can cling to at this point is that maybe the SEC will go to bat for them. I don't really see this happening since everyone knows they not only crossed the lines, but stomped on the lines as they passed. They've handled this so poorly up to this point in time that it should be the new textbook on how NOT to piss off your neighbors.

Freeze challenges anyone to bring evidence of wrong doing.
    OM administration goes full denial about investigation.
    Freeze throws Tunsil's step dad to the media wolves, which really got the ball of death rolling down the mountainside.
    Tunsil spills beans on the biggest moment in OM history, with so many getting drafted highly, which in the eyes of Freeze and Co. was going to send them to the pinnacle of college football with the recruiting success it would bring in the future.

I'll never forget how things turned at that moment in time. It was as though the entire world finally saw them for what they are. Reminded me of the Stephen King movie when Martin Sheen (playing a candidate for POTUS who would eventually push the button), held up a baby to shield himself from gunfire.

No Mercy on this one, or the NCAA will become a joke,..and CFB will end. There will only be minor league football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Vitter is the handpicked stooge of the Network after they maneuvered Dan Jones out. He is following their dictates and they want to keep Bjork and Freeze (their boys) in to do their bidding. Just listen to Vitter on that video, you can tell that's a man with real backbone*****.
    There maybe/could be MORE to the Dan Jones mess....... See this article http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ronnie...b_6928482.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post

I feel like they are dealing with this like traffic court. You opt out of paying and decide to take to court hoping the officer won't show up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncivilengineer View Post
    Put it on Pay per View for out of towners and then play it at Davis Wade Stadium.
    That is a great idea.