Thread: Now this is pure gold... from back when immunity deals were first rumored...

vCash

Now this is pure gold... from back when immunity deals were first rumored...

There was only one graduate assistant that left the OM program after the 2012 season, Tray Scott. The actual allegation from the NOA is below, it occured January 4th, 2013. Scott left the program shortly thereafter, accepting the DL coach job at UT-Martin.

Below, it is shown that OM hired Scott from.... North Carolina, where he was the DL coach. My original post from August says that the graduate assistant in the allegation now has a job at North Carolina as the DL coach.... So OM rehires a guy that was already in the original NOA???

Below, shows where a month after being hired at OM, Scott takes the DL job at Georgia, Freeze wasn't too happy...

I wonder if anyone has put this together yet? This may be Germans, but DAMN... This Tray Scott story just got a lot more interesting...

Also, here is an honerable mention post from that same thread back in August:

vCash
    This could be really interesting.... So he comes back to OM, then leaves a month later, taking the same job at Georgia while taking a $75,000 pay cut? Tray Scott may hold some nice secrets, and I don't think Georgia is too fond of OM.

vCash

That's very interesting and also very dumb of them.......

NT
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    I can't believe they rehired a GA that was named in the NOA, but their stupidity and arrogance knows no bounds. That's incredible and impressive that you pieced that together.

I suspect UGA has made it clear to him that he's expected to tell the truth about everything or else risk his job.

vCash
    I know I've said this multiple times, and it probably won't be the last, but DeviousDawg is the shit. Best poster of all time. No poster has had this much quality in just about every single post.

vCash
    This creates a lot of questions.

Clearly, Tray Scott thought it was a good idea to take the Ole Miss job at first. I mean he made a lateral move from UNC to Ole Miss, . Then it seems something happened, especially for him to take another lateral move while taking a $70,000 pay cut, that's no chump change for a position coach, that's no chump change for anyone. Freeze was pissed when he took the Georgia job, it seemed personal. If he was in the first NOA, he knew what the situation was, what changed in one month? What changed enough for him to that quickly and decisively take a $70,000 pay cut?

vCash
    That's crazy they rehired someone named in the original NOA! Not as bad as that (that we know of publicly), OM also rehired Wesley McGriff, who is credited with landing Nkemdiche, Tony Connor, and Lavon Hooks for OM in 2013. No way he's clean.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousDawg34 View Post
    This creates a lot of questions.

Clearly, Tray Scott thought it was a good idea to take the Ole Miss job at first. I mean he made a lateral move from UNC to Ole Miss, . Then it seems something happened, especially for him to take another lateral move while taking a $70,000 pay cut, that's no chump change for a position coach, that's no chump change for anyone. Freeze was pissed when he took the Georgia job, it seemed personal. If he was in the first NOA, he knew what the situation was, what changed in one month? What changed enough for him to that quickly and decisively take a $70,000 pay cut?
    Personally, I think you're reading too much into it.

The thing that changed is that UGA fired their DL coach, creating an opening there. Regardless of pay, the UGA DL coach job is better than the OM DL coach job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post

The thing that changed is that UGA fired their DL coach, creating an opening there. Regardless of pay, the UGA DL coach job is better than the OM DL coach job.
    I agree. Less money in the present, but a much better career move and you know these positional coaches wanna keep moving up the ladder

vCash
    Maybe these retreads are the only ones who will take a job at OM (temporarily). Maybe they know that when/if their name is connected to OM they may be in trouble at their current spot. Plus, OM is overpaying right now.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post

He left the school he was a GA at and was familiar with for a new staff at UGA for a lateral spot that paid less? That doesn't make sense under any circumstance unless he's jumping ship. The only question is "why did he jump ship?".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I agree. Less money in the present, but a much better career move and you know these positional coaches wanna keep moving up the ladder
    Maybe he moved for this reason but $70,000 was probably a third of his salary. It isn't like we are talking about someone making a million and taking that cut. Both schools are in the SEC and without the NCAA cloud UM has recruited better and been to better bowls the past few years. How many people would take that kind of pay cut and the new job was just marginally better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Maybe he moved for this reason but $70,000 was probably a third of his salary. It isn't like we are talking about someone making a million and taking that cut. Both schools are in the SEC and without the NCAA cloud UM has recruited better and been to better bowls the past few years. How many people would take that kind of pay cut and the new job was just marginally better.
    Replace "How many people" with "Who" would take that kind of pay cut and the new job was just marginally better?

The answer is a new hire who soon after moving in to his new office in Oxford realizes the shitstorm that is on the horizon and how truly 17'd TCUN is -- he better find another landing spot (Georgia) because there may not be any football played in the near or foreseeable future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    And if everyone transfers out once sanctions hit, imagine what that defense would look like and how it could affect the images of the coaches coaching them

vCash
    With a change in coaching staff upcoming, slim chance at winning more than a few games, and a blotch of losses about to show up on your coaching record, it's a sure sign to move on when the opportunity presents itself.

The constant sounds of yelling, then weeping coming from inside the doors of your fellow coaches, as well as the boss can be depressing. I'd take the pay cut and get the hell out also.