Thread: MSU-related post: D1 Baseball on the new Dude

vCash

MSU-related post: D1 Baseball on the new Dude

Good piece by D1 Baseball's Mark Etheridge reporting from the Left Field Lounge: "There is nothing like this scene in all of sports." Seems odd that the Left Field Lofts are still being mentioned so prominently.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Give us your tired and weak and we will make them strong. Bring us your foreign songs and we will sing along.
    Leave us your broken dreams, we'll give them time to mend. There's still a lot of love living in the Promiseland"
    - as sung by Willie Nelson

vCash
    I'll be honest, I believe they're going to kill the best thing going in college baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I'll be honest, I believe they're going to kill the best thing going in college baseball.
    How will this kill the LFL? I don't understand why people believe that. The thing that makes the LFL is the people, period. It is not the structures. That just adds a layer of strangeness to it.

Will State fans still love baseball? Yes. Will they still want to chill in the OF and grill? Yes. So they will still chill in the OF and grill. The fact that there won't be any trailers with a make-shift wooden seating area on top will not diminish what the LFL is. That is crazy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I do too. They've now been informed by the fire marshall that there will be no storage in your new 'spot' as promised unless sprinkler systems are installed so get ready for another design change. I still get the feeling that the LFL thing was done hastliy with no forethought for the purpose of benefitting a certain few people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    How will this kill the LFL? I don't understand why people believe that. The thing that makes the LFL is the people, period. It is not the structures. That just adds a layer of strangeness to it.
    Yeah its the people, but there are other colleges who allow grilling in the outfield. The makeshift structures plays right into our redneck cow college stereotype and I love it. The last thing I want is a bunch of cookie cutter boxes with a grill. Take that to some other school without tradition.
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 02-23-2017 at 01:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    Yeah its the people, but there are other colleges who allow grilling in the outfield. The makeshift structures plays right into our redneck cow college stereotype and I love it. The last thing I want is a bunch of cookie cutter boxes with a grill. Take that to some other school without tradition.
    Yes, other schools allow grilling in the outfield. Still, Dudy Noble stands apart. Why? The people and the atmosphere. You may like the structures, and that's fine, but they weren't always there, and LFL was just as special before them.

vCash

Will State fans still love baseball? Yes. Will they still want to chill in the OF and grill? Yes. So they will still chill in the OF and grill. The fact that there won't be any trailers with a make-shift wooden seating area on top will not diminish what the LFL is. That is crazy.
    No, the structures are just as important as the people. You think ESPN would have called an entire game out there if it was just a concrete box or because he did it from a tiki hut?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    No, the structures are just as important as the people. You think ESPN would have called an entire game out there if it was just a concrete box or because he did it from a tiki hut?
    Maybe? We are known for the LFL, and that won't change.

vCash
    No matter how you slice it... the price of baseball in Starkville is about to go up. Way, way up.

vCash
    Maybe? We are known for the LFL, and that won't change.
    Except our lounge will look no different than many other stadiums. Even TSUN has concrete sitting areas in the outfield. As does LSU. We'd go to what no other school in college baseball does to not even being original in our own conference.

vCash

It separates us from other colleges. We're just going to have a damn outfield terrace like UM now. Nothing exciting about that. The lofts aren't happening anytime soon. We lose originality and authenticity. Not to mention, it's almost 10 times the cost to have a spot. It's going to look like the basketball games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDawg View Post
    No matter how you slice it... the price of baseball in Starkville is about to go up. Way, way up.
    It already has. I think an outfield spot was $500 now it's $2000. Even with that increase and the changes that are coming I heard that only one spot didn't renew. Then I heard that the spot that was not renewed was kept in this person's name with someone else paying the bill. I pay 1/4 on a rig out there now but it's not 'my' spot and I know that's what I'd do if the owner got tired of coming to games. I'd tell him I'd pay for the spot and for him to just keep his name on it. So much for the waiting list and people thinking others were going to be priced out and they would get a shot. You can go ahead an tear that list up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    It already has. I think an outfield spot was $500 now it's $2000. Even with that increase and the changes that are coming I heard that only one spot didn't renew. Then I heard that the spot that was not renewed was kept in this person's name with someone else paying the bill. I pay 1/4 on a rig out there now but it's not 'my' spot and I know that's what I'd do if the owner got tired of coming to games. I'd tell him I'd pay for the spot and for him to just keep his name on it. So much for the waiting list and people thinking others were going to be priced out and they would get a shot. You can go ahead an tear that list up.
    The prices on the chairbacks are going to skyrocket. Season tix for one seat are $260 with a $100 donation to the Bulldog Club. Not bad. However, if I read correctly, you must now make a minimum donation of $1200 before you can receive your season tickets -- PER SEAT!!! I really want to say that I read that wrong, so someone please correct me if I am.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDawg View Post
    The prices on the chairbacks are going to skyrocket. Season tix for one seat are $260 with a $100 donation to the Bulldog Club. Not bad. However, if I read correctly, you must now make a minimum donation of $1200 before you can receive your season tickets -- PER SEAT!!! I really want to say that I read that wrong, so someone please correct me if I am.
    You may have seen something about the different club levels.
    http://www.msubulldogclub.com/dnfmasterplan/faqs/#S16

Per the write up, the Backstop Club will be like the Gridiron Club and costs $600/season pass. The Omaha Club is the same price as the Scoreboard Club at $1100/seat. Loge seating in the Omaha Club cost a little more then there is the Diamond Club priced out beyond that.