Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why did OM do this today?

vCash

Why did OM do this today?

Seems odd they'd have a press conference less than 8 hours of receiving the NOA. Any theories?

vCash
    To stop our suicide attempts at blowing our lead against Morehead St....***

Banned
    vCash
    Fake repentance. Trying to look "sorry" after it's too late for apologies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Seems odd they'd have a press conference less than 8 hours of receiving the NOA. Any theories?
    They revealed what they wanted the public, mainly the worried OM Family, to know. They did not give all the details on the allegations, and said they couldn't at this time. Remember when the original NOA was delivered and they had their presser and it was said the football violations were minor and it was all before Hugh Freeze. The beaver dam has busted and OM is drowning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    To stop our suicide attempts at blowing our lead against Morehead St....***
    WINNER!

vCash
    When the NCAA is balls deep, you're forced into exemplary cooperation.

Seriously... it's amazing how different this go-around is compared to last years NOA.

vCash
    It wasn't a press conference ... just an announcement. Can you imagine the questions they'd have had to field had there been reporters there?

I think it was an attempt to get out in front of things, contrary to what happened last time when they failed to release the NOA content for a full 4 months. They saw that that approach didn't work, so they decided to try a new tack. They knew it would get out anyway ... in fact, late this morning there were already rumors that the new NOA was in their hands.

They didn't take a lot of time to absorb the content. I suspect that will be their defense for only talking today about what they will call "the important parts". They can say down the road that they didn't get to the Tunsil draft night stuff because they didn't have time. I'm surprised they even mentioned the LOIC at all, but I suppose they knew the rumor mill would release it anyway.

vCash
    Do you really believe that they had the NOA for only eight hours before the press conference? Because I don't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Do you really believe that they had the NOA for only eight hours before the press conference? Because I don't.
    The press conference certainly wasn't put together in 8 hours. I had the same thought listening to it.

vCash
    Was this a new NOA or an amendment to the first? I ask cause it's possible they are still digging and will bring out the 2nd NOA once that investigation is complete

vCash
    Timing. They need the story to die. They do it right before the weekend. CL will run a Friday blurb and they'll be back to business as usual come Monday. Story over.

Archimedes
    vCash
    They released it because one of their fans called them out on it. If they held it until after season tickets had been ordered don't think for a second one of their own wouldn't have sued them over it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    The press conference certainly wasn't put together in 8 hours. I had the same thought listening to it.
    That wasn't a press conference. There were no press there.

vCash
    The first time the legitimately thought they could contain it and get a lot of it dismissed. They are the most awesome law school in the history of law schools, right?

This time they know they are ****ed and they are controlling the message and reaching out to keep boosters engaged. There was a lot of bad blood last time when the truth came out no matter what you see in social media.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    That wasn't a press conference. There were no press there.
    Yeah, I used the wrong description to start with. I'm sure everyone realizes there was no press there

vCash
    The NCAA told them they had to stop lying to everybody or they were going to stomp a mudhole in their ass

vCash
    I really doubt very seriously if they have a response video ready 8 hours later. I really think they've been sitting on this NOA since the 3rd week of January, which does coincide with the jettison of their coaches. If so, then their response to the NCAA is due mid-April (and not 90 days from today). Plus there's been too many TCUN people talking about how bad it's gonna be leading up to today -- they've had the NOA for a while.

vCash
    Yep, I believe they got it mid-January.

vCash
    I think they already had it before 8 hours ago. All I know is if they take the full 90 days the COI will be in August. Hell Ole Miss might find themselves with out a coach weeks before the season starts. They almost have to let Freeze go soon.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    That bunch doesn't say a word until their legal team tells them to. And then it's what they tell them to say. You could tell Freeze was reading from a written statement. The other two are smart enough to memorize what they needed to say.

Go back and look at what they said after receiving the first NOA and then what was actually in it when it all came out later on. The same, yet worse, will happen this time.