Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Morehead ST game thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    28 wins tops. Not going to lie, a little concerned about the guy we hired as our baseball coach when we hired him. Even more so now. He better recruit like nothing we've seen before, because his coaching decisions have been dumbfounding.
    He's not to blame for this loss, that's dumb. He went to his closer and may have left him in too long, but we lose no matter when he takes him out. The whole pen sucked tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Henderson has done a good job with our bullpen thus far in the young season
    WHOOOPSSS...

vCash
    28 wins tops. Not going to lie, a little concerned about the guy we hired as our baseball coach when we hired him. Even more so now. He better recruit like nothing we've seen before, because his coaching decisions have been dumbfounding.
    I just hope he has some viable back up options for these MLB guys we're getting commitments from.

And for the love of God, get gridley down in the order and burn smith's jersey

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Like I mean how hard is it for our team to not lose to these teams that we are suppose to beat.
    Impossible

vCash
    This team's success or failure won't prove shit about can. He was handed a short deck w 4 pitching injuries and the rest of the team inexperienced. Just a fact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I just hope he has some viable back up options for these MLB guys we're getting commitments from.

And for the love of God, get gridley down in the order and burn smith's jersey
    Good grief man, please don't jump.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    This team's success or failure won't prove shit about can. He was handed a short deck w 4 pitching injuries and the rest of the team inexperienced. Just a fact.
    We are still feeling the effects of Mini Me....

vCash
    Good grief man, please don't jump.
    Thanks for advice. I'm 2nd level of hump, might hurt

vCash
    Every team loses to bad teams especially in the midweek. However, why has our best bullpen guy from a year ago, Rigby thrown only 2 meaningless innings so far? Just ridiculous. I think Cannizzaro will have a lot of growing pains as a game manager. I think he is a great coach. But the managing side is going to take some time. The worst part is he is listening to a pitching coach who I told y'all two weeks ago has no business with the job. That coming from someone who would know.

vCash
    I don't know if any of yall remember, but back in 05 we had a very similar situation with out pitching staff giving up like 9 runs in the 9th with 2 outs against inferior competition. Believe Polk went with Valentine and left him in. Needlessly to say we lost that game too....

vCash
    Why are u in the second level? There are 1000 people there.

vCash
    Why are u in the second level? There are 1000 people there.
    Bc I wanna be close to the ledge in case we lose haha

vCash
    Just land on your toes...that's what cats do***

vCash
    Bc I wanna be close to the ledge in case we lose haha
    Hell man you need to get lower level seats cause following us u will jump for certain!

vCash
    Hell man you need to get lower level seats cause following us u will jump for certain!
    Ain't that the truth

vCash
    Are we making excuses for giving up 10 runs in one inning to Morehead State is acceptable?

Banned
    vCash
    Blake smith being left in too long lost this game. Anyone who says anything else is delusional. Gridley batting 3rd will cost us big. Merrero playing second is a joke just like him DHing this weekend was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    He's not to blame for this loss, that's dumb. He went to his closer and may have left him in too long, but we lose no matter when he takes him out. The whole pen sucked tonight.
    A 5-game sample size is just ludicrous to judge a new baseball coach on. Coupled with the fact that 3 of our top pitchers had to undergo TJ surgery and we're behind the 8-ball. Doesn't mean we can't straighten things out, but going forward, the bullpen needs to get straightened out fast with a fast hook to being utilized by Coach Cann.

Hindsight is 20/20 but when it was obvious that BSmith came out after warmups not ready to do his job, he shoulda been yanked after the 1st 2 batters he faced drew walks. Just my opinion.