Thread: Ole Miss is about to get absolutely hammered.

Banned
    vCash

Ole Miss is about to get absolutely hammered.

With all the crap the NCAA is about to take for letting UNC off, they are going to get their respect back by nailing Ole Miss to the wall. Prepare your anus Rebels/Blackbears/Landsharks. The NCAA is about to go in dry.

vCash
    The NCAA had a ready made escape in the UNC case. They have not option but to slam OM. If they don't it's the wild wild west and the NCAA can just close up shop.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    That was actually my first thought. They let them off completely because they're about to dismantle someone else that's busy screaming "the mean NCAA was on a witch hunt."

Banned
    vCash
    at first all this UNC news was a buzz kill and now I'm thinking take a breath. if I'm reading right, was all this UNC stuff about "fake classes" that were also available to regular students? If that is true, then the 2 cases are not even remotely similar.

vCash
    Yeah, it wasn't a benefit. Everyone could take the easy A. That's not sports, that's academics.

vCash
    I have a cousin who works for the NCAA infractions committee. I asked him several weeks ago about tsun and what his thoughts were...( he was not part of the TSUN investigation) and while he would not comment directly on them he smiled and said I know your a Mississippi State Alum and I feel strongly you will not be disappointed.

GTHOM. That's all I have to say about that.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    I have a cousin who works for the NCAA infractions committee. I asked him several weeks ago about tsun and what his thoughts were...( he was not part of the TSUN investigation) and while he would not comment directly on them he smiled and said I know your a Mississippi State Alum and I feel strongly you will not be disappointed.

GTHOM. That's all I have to say about that.
    Post more.

vCash
    Another difference between the two cases to keep in mind is that UNC ACTUALLY displayed exemplary cooperation, doing things like keeping a website updated with truthful information pertaining to the case and bringing in multiple independent investigators to audit their own program. As we know, OM did practically the exact opposite.

Also, if the NCAA was planning to let OM off easy, they wouldn't have a reason to delay the release of the penalties until after the Egg Bowl.

vCash
    I've seen some landsharts feeling good about this decision but this not a Left Twix, Right Twix comparison. This is like saying a PayDay is the same as a Twix.

They are going to get pounded.

vCash
    I don't know. After the Cam Newton episode several years ago, there's no telling what the NCAA will do. Newton was obviously guilty, but since he said he didn't know about the "pay for play", that's ok, and they let him and Auburn off the hook.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I don't know. After the Cam Newton episode several years ago, there's no telling what the NCAA will do. Newton was obviously guilty, but since he said he didn't know about the "pay for play", that's ok, and they let him and Auburn off the hook.
    I think that it is safe to say that the NCAA has neutered themselves with this ruling and displayed absolute hypocrisy. Remember when in the Bob Tyler days we were penalized for discounted clothing that some players got that were available to every student? Absolute unequivocal BS from the NCAA. If TSUN gets any penalties, which is doubtful at this time, it is because they were not a big boy.

This case opens up a whole new avenue of cheating that the bama FB Uk bb and others will soon copy. just got to find a way around the rule book if you're a big $ program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redstickdawg View Post
    If TSUN gets any penalties, which is doubtful at this time, it is because they were not a big boy.
    Yea, this is just wrong. Alabama, USC, Ohio State and Miami have all been hit with heavy NCAA sanctions in the past 15 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post

I'll believe it when I see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    Yea, this is just wrong. Alabama, USC, Ohio State and Miami have all been hit with heavy NCAA sanctions in the past 15 years.
    OM has been hit with sanctions since Freezeus went to work at OM... In fact (2005(about)) was the NCAA sanctions against Freeze...