Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
If the NCAA had knowledge of sex trafficking for underage kids and demanded people not discuss it in accordance with their gag order, they'd potentially be opening themselves up to a civil suit should anyone involved be charged in a criminal case.

I actually think there's a significant chance the FBI probe into basketball ends up looking into the NCAA as the governing body of college basketball. They turned a blind eye to bribery despite knowing what was going on. And they did this because he true blue bloods of college basketball are their biggest money makers. Most of the NCAA budget comes from the NCAA basketball tournament. When they ban Kentucky, Lousivlle, UNC, Duke, or others it hurst their annual budget. That, in my opinion, is why you see them go after major football programs like USC, Ohio State, Bama, Miami, etc... while never seeing U.K. or Duke serving a postseason suspension. Hell, another blue blood basketball program skated today. I understand their rationale for that though.
The NCAA has no jurisdiction over any thing sexual trafficking... All the NCAA could do, would be to turn over to the FBI any information the NCAA could have/did have knowledge of concerning illegal activities. Bribery, federal racketeering both would have to be investigated by the FBI.