Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rosebowl gets political...

vCash

Buck and Bee-YORK are:

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    It's been confirmed. Bucky is a dead man walking. I'm not sure why they haven't fired him at this point. He will not be coaching past 2017 season, if he makes it that long. They could gain some credibility by doing so but I guess they are going to ride the titanic all the way to the bottom of the Atlantic.

They're joined at the hip. If one's gonna be fired then the other will. Too much dirt on the other. Funny

vCash
    Ole Miss would surely want the NCAA case to close before public depositions and such were to get started.

Didn't Freeze already get deposed for something? The Nkemdichie lawsuit? I don't recall. I just remember they asked a judge to seal the record, and I believe the judge did that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    It's been confirmed. Bucky is a dead man walking. I'm not sure why they haven't fired him at this point. He will not be coaching past 2017 season, if he makes it that long. They could gain some credibility by doing so but I guess they are going to ride the titanic all the way to the bottom of the Atlantic.

They're going to keep Freeze as long as they can. Firing him would unleash unholy hell of PR negativity on their program. They need the seas to stay calm as long as possible as they work back channels for a replacement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    It took them a long time to fire Barney. I suspect they had to find a resolution so he wouldn't tell everyone where the bodies are buried. That'll be 10 times more complicated with Hugh.
    Hugh loves himself some Ole Miss, he is going down with the ship. It's not Hugh that they have to worry about, it's the countless players, recruits, and ex recruits that are no longer receiving their monthly pay check that they have to worry about. Remember, they take care of their own, well beyond their playing times. There is gonna be a lot of pissed off people when they aren't receiving the $$$ they were promised. Especially when the majority of them could care less about OM once they aren't getting their pay checks.

They had the right idea hiring only OM guys to the football staff, guys they could trust. However, they went the completely opposite direction with recruiting, going after guys that didn't know the difference between MSU and OM until the private jet picked them up to show them how much greener the trees are in Oxford than Starkville. Those trees aren't looking so green now, and we all know the world we live in, when people ain't gettin what they owed for sitting on their ass, they will complain to anyone with two ears.

Senior Member Perpetual Underachiever's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote of the Day:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    They're going to keep Freeze as long as they can. Firing him would unleash unholy hell of PR negativity on their program. They need the seas to stay calm as long as possible as they work back channels for a replacement.
    At this point, OM is a murder caught red handed, just trying to enjoy everyday and ignore reality until their trial date and eventual fate is handed down. There is not a soul high up in the OM administration that does not understand their eventual fate. Stall, stall, stall, and ignore reality. Just a matter of time.

vCash

vCash
    Ole Miss would surely want the NCAA case to close before public depositions and such were to get started.

Didn't Freeze already get deposed for something? The Nkemdichie lawsuit? I don't recall. I just remember they asked a judge to seal the record, and I believe the judge did that.
    Believe it was the Miller/Tunsill law suit. I don't think the judge has ruled yet as to whether it will be made public unless I missed it.

vCash

The new Vaught-Hemingway Stadium.

vCash
    The administration may want to keep Freeze, but this goes much deeper than them & eventually it won't be their decision. They may already have a replacement. He gone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tireddawg View Post
    The administration may want to keep Freeze, but this goes much deeper than them & eventually it won't be their decision. They may already have a replacement. He gone
    It would be a shock at this point if he isn't show caused anyway which would basically force them to fire him.

vCash
    At what point does the SEC become so ashamed of Ole Miss they are kicked out? Seriously. If all this is true it's embarrassing we're in the same league. All it does is enforce what the country thinks about the SEC and tarnishes the SEC brand.

Thanks a lot Ole Miss!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tireddawg View Post
    Getting word from sources that the OM administration has indeed found a replacement for Freeze. He perfectly fits the mold of what they look for in a coach, and has strong ties to the Memphis area. I'm hearing that the Tuohy's once again had a lot to do with this hire. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted but these guys just reload. If anyone cares, I am hearing his name is Lee Smith. Not quite a Slam Dunk hire, but I am hearing that it is a strong lay up, with nice form.

vCash
    There is no investigation.

vCash
    Elitedawg Conspiracy

LOL at C34

vCash
    My thoughts are they will keep Freeze until official penalties are handed down. How else can they attract a coach as a replacement without knowing what kind of situation he will be dealing with. Would you step into a job for a program that, by rumor at least, stands a decent chance of being crippled for a decade *without* knowing first-hand what those penalties will be? I'd want to know just how far that ship had sunk before I decided to grab a bucket and start bailing out the water...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousDawg34 View Post
    Getting word from sources that the OM administration has indeed found a replacement for Freeze. He perfectly fits the mold of what they look for in a coach, and has strong ties to the Memphis area. I'm hearing that the Tuohy's once again had a lot to do with this hire. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted but these guys just reload. If anyone cares, I am hearing his name is Lee Smith. Not quite a Slam Dunk hire, but I am hearing that it is a strong lay up, with nice form.

You forgot these **, but don't be surprised if their replacement is already on staff. Just saying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    At what point does the SEC become so ashamed of Ole Miss they are kicked out? Seriously. If all this is true it's embarrassing we're in the same league. All it does is enforce what the country thinks about the SEC and tarnishes the SEC brand.

Thanks a lot Ole Miss!
    Yep, and if you're an alum, who can you not be (1) embarrassed, (2) pissed off, (3) felt lied to by your school's leaders, (4) feel tarnished nationally, etc?

vCash
    Well, I guess its about time to get a Scout subscription and pay this man back for all he's done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Elitedawg Conspiracy

LOL at C34
    Just more SPEDs FAP. Those morons will believe anything that lying scumbag C34 and/or Rosebowl make up.***