Thread: Weekend Cooking and Drinking Thread: Baseball is Back Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking and Drinking Thread: Baseball is Back Edition

Opening weekend at the Dude is always a welcome event. I've got some grilling on the horizon but nothing too crazy.

vCash
    Happy for some baseball, but rough start. Grilling some chicken and veggies, while drinking Eagle Rare.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    Happy for some baseball, but rough start. Grilling some chicken and veggies, while drinking Eagle Rare.
    I've never had Eagle Rare but have got to try. I've been on a scotch kick here lately

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tesa8034 View Post
    I've never had Eagle Rare but have got to try. I've been on a scotch kick here lately
    Its good. You'll like it.

I think I have the menu for tonght nailed down. In laws coming over so I'm cooking for for a few extra. I marinated chicken overnight and made 2 kinds of skewers. One is a basic chicken, onion, pepper skewered and the other is chicken wrapped in bacon that will get a sweet glaze (50/50 yellow mustard & honey with a touch of granulated garlic). I'm going to attempt to recreate a salad I had at uncle ernie's in PC. Probably bake some sweet tater fries too.

INSALATA ROMA
    An authentic Italian salad of fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced tomatoes & roasted sweet red peppers, drizzled with olive oil, garlic and romano cheese.

vCash
    Anyone going to the Nerieds parade in the Bay on Sunday? I will be by ole old Shell tourist store with a bunch of other MSU Alumni. We are boiling crawfish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncivilengineer View Post
    Anyone going to the Nerieds parade in the Bay on Sunday? I will be by ole old Shell tourist store with a bunch of other MSU Alumni. We are boiling crawfish.
    If I was, I'd pop in for a visit.

Just fired up the grill. My brother who lives in Sarasota just texted me that he caught 2 gag Grouper, a few sheepshead, and a pompano from his yak today. I'm jealous

vCash
    Salmon on the grill, red potatoes on the grill, purple hull peas with smoked sausage, and ciabatta bread to eat. Drinking.......a German dopplebock and a Bigfoot so far. We have an Alexander Valley Pinot to have with dinner. There will be a good Isla Scotch afterward, probably Caol Isla tonight. I will probably sneak in at least one more beer sometime tonight, maybe an Old Rasputin or a Mississippi Fire Ant.

vCash
    It's birthday weekend for the W Girl. We are doing brunch at her favorite restaurant in the AM. Tonight, I pan cooked a couple of tenderloin steaks and fresh scallops finished with a champagne butter sauce, roasted some red potatoes, and threw together a Caesar salad.

Now I'm working on finishing off the bottle of champagne and may grab a slice of Haydel's King Cake I had overnighted and arrived just in time for breakfast this morning.

vCash
    Fired up the grill this evening. Didn't get pics but grilled some bell pepper and cheese sausage,stuffed mushrooms, and thick cut porkchops. Topped the chops with crawfish Anthony and bad succotash and purple hull peas to go with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Salmon on the grill, red potatoes on the grill, purple hull peas with smoked sausage, and ciabatta bread to eat. Drinking.......a German dopplebock and a Bigfoot so far. We have an Alexander Valley Pinot to have with dinner. There will be a good Isla Scotch afterward, probably Caol Isla tonight. I will probably sneak in at least one more beer sometime tonight, maybe an Old Rasputin or a Mississippi Fire Ant.
    It was Old Rasputin and Caol Isla.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Man, that's one hell of an evening.

vCash

Nice package arrived this afternoon.