Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your worst Valentine's Day experience

vCash

What is your worst Valentine's Day experience

Here is mine.

This was the first Valentine's Day with the woman that would end up being my wife. I lived in Greenwood at the time and she was in Starkville. I had made reservations at one of the nicer restaurants in Starkville and had called a local florist to arrange for a dozen roses to be delivered to where she worked.

Then I got food poisoning from an office gathering the day before. I wasn't just a little bit sick. I was laying down on the tile floor of the bathroom because the coolness felt good sick. I'm talking even if it was nailed down it stood a better than 50/50 chance of it coming up sick. On Valentine's morning I was feeling no better as I was slumped over at my desk at work. I kept waiting to get a text or call saying how much she enjoyed the flowers but no call came. Ok. She's just waiting until I get up there to tell me in person. That's fine. My wife to be told me that I did not have to come up and I should just stay home and rest. 17 that. Our first Valentine's Day I am going to make it up there to be with her. A little raw sausage can't stop that. So that afternoon I willed myself to feel good enough to crawl into my truck and head east. When I get to her door I ask if she like the flowers. What flowers? The ones I ordered and had delivered to your job. She never got any flowers. What? I ordered flowers for you. She didn't get them. Said she spent all day seeing other women get flowers delivered and was hoping she would get some and was a little sad when she didn't.

So we get there and head to the restaurant. I forgot the name of it, but if you are familiar with Starkville it was in the old McDonalds building where Denny's is now. Guy's maybe? I don?t remember. Anyway, we get thereat 7:00 and the parking lot is slammed full. I'm driving over curbs weaving around cars trying to find a place to park. We walk inside and the waiting area is spilling over. I comment that I am glad we made reservations. I walk up to the hostess and give my name and that I had reservations at 7:00. I was told it would be about a two hour wait. Pardon? Maybe you didn't hear me. I made reservations a week ago for two at 7:00. I was them told that so had everybody else I see in the waiting area. You're shitting me. Afraid not. I turn to the wife to be and ask what she wants to do. Keep in mind I am barely standing upright due to still being sick. A quick review of the situation and we realize that anyplace decent to eat will also be packed and us trying to go somewhere else without a reservation would have us even later eating. Our only option was stick it out there and wait or head across the street to the ever romantic Barnhills. We decide to stick it out where we are.

Around 9:15 we finally get a table. They give us a menu and take our drink order. Around 9:30 we get our drinks which was the next time we saw a waitress. At 9:45 or so they take our order. We each order a steak and baked potato. And then we wait. And wait. And wait. The table across from us was full of college girls having them a singles night out. They got to feeling bad for us and started sharing their pitcher of water and cake they brought for the evening. Around 10:30 I see our waitress bring what looked exactly like our order to the table behind us. Even though they were seated well after us. I shrug and chalk it up to coincidence. Not like two ribeyes and baked potatoes was a rare order that evening. Then I hear the guy say the following: "Well, this isn't what we ordered, but it is food and I'll take it." Son of a bitch. That was our order they brought to the wrong table. Around 10:40 they realize the mistake and tell us what they did and they have some more cooking now. At 10:55 we get our order. Finally. There's just two catches. They ran out of bread and potatoes. We each got a steak. The second catch you ask? They ran out of silverware, too. We had one set to share between the two of us. So we took turns. She would cut a few bites and eat them and then pass the knife and fork over to me for me to eat a few bites. Back and forth until we ate our steaks. After that we were asked if we wanted dessert. No. Just want to leave this nightmare of an evening. They at least didn't make us pay for supper.
    So we go back to her apartment and I am near collapse. It is after midnight and I am not doing well. I recline back on her couch for an hour or so and then I have to drive back to Greenwood for work the next day. She tries to get me to stay, but I needed to get back to work. So around 1:30 I haul myself back in my truck and off I go. It was a cold night and I had to have my window down with me head hanging out like a dog to stay awake and keep from puking. I just make it in my driveway, take two steps from my truck, and lose everything. In bed around 3:45 and when the alarm went off at 6:00 it was off to work.
    Late that morning I finally got to feeling almost human and decided it was time to find out what happened to my expensive order of roses that were never delivered. I call the florist to not too kindly state she never got the flowers. She didn't? Nope. Well I'm sorry. Would you like me to have them delivered today? Nope. Kind of pointless the day after, don?t you think? Would you like a refund? A refund would be nice.

Sad thing, is I had planned on proposing that night, but the jeweler had a delay on getting my ring ready and I didn't have it. Good thing.
    Due to that evening when we were still just dating over 12 years ago we have never gone out to eat on Valentine's again. Instead, we get a nice steak and I will grill them for us and we have a nice quiet evening at home.

vCash
    I can understand why that place is no longer is business.

Not my story, but pretty awful. The brother of one of our occasional posters on this site was out to eat (also in Starkville) with his girlfriend on valentines sometime around 2002 or so... He was being really quiet at dinner and she could tell something was up so she finally asked him "why are you being so quiet?". His response, paraphrased: "I'm trying to figure out how to break up with you." Not sure where it went from there, but they did break up. On Valentine's Day. Brutal.

vCash
    Drank too much jagermeister. Totaled my truck on the way home from HoJo's. 😢
    Last edited by StoneDawg; 02-14-2017 at 09:26 AM.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    I have a similar story. My wife (then girlfriend) wanted to treat me to a fancy 12 course dinner in Jackson at some Italian restaurant right there by Luby's on 55. I started feeling sick right about the time we were getting dressed to go. I was holding down vomit the entire meal and didn't eat anything. Wine was prepaid and I couldn't stand the thought of alcohol at the time so my girlfriend decided to get her money's worth. I had a surprise for her after the dinner that she didn't know about. I rented a room at a nice B&B in Vicksburg for us and I had flowers and rose pedals and all that shit put in the room. By the end of our 3 hour 12 course meal, I was puking from a stomach bug and she was puking from drinking a shit ton of wine. By the time we made it to the B&B, she was passed out (only woke up a few times to go hug the toilet). I had to point out the roses the next day to her because she was so hung over that she didn't notice. Needless to say, we don't go out on V day any more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post

Around 9:15 we finally get a table. They give us a menu and take our drink order. Around 9:30 we get our drinks which was the next time we saw a waitress. At 9:45 or so they take our order. We each order a steak and baked potato. And then we wait. And wait. And wait. The table across from us was full of college girls having them a singles night out. They got to feeling bad for us and started sharing their pitcher of water and cake they brought for the evening. Around 10:30 I see our waitress bring what looked exactly like our order to the table behind us. Even though they were seated well after us. I shrug and chalk it up to coincidence. Not like two ribeyes and baked potatoes was a rare order that evening. Then I hear the guy say the following: "Well, this isn't what we ordered, but it is food and I'll take it." Son of a bitch. That was our order they brought to the wrong table. Around 10:40 they realize the mistake and tell us what they did and they have some more cooking now. At 10:55 we get our order. Finally. There's just two catches. They ran out of bread and potatoes. We each got a steak. The second catch you ask? They ran out of silverware, too. We had one set to share between the two of us. So we took turns. She would cut a few bites and eat them and then pass the knife and fork over to me for me to eat a few bites. Back and forth until we ate our steaks. After that we were asked if we wanted dessert. No. Just want to leave this nightmare of an evening.
    That sounds like typical night at Rosey Baby's.

vCash
    Got to talking to a hot young thing on MySpace (great recruiting tool back in 2006). Neither was dating anyone so we met up on VDay for a drink. She had a work friend there with her to begin for obvious reasons. They had had a drink by the time I got off work and could get there.

Things are going great and she is as hot as her pic. The work friend ain't bad either. I start thinking VDay threesome could be possible. We had been talking over an hour and I head to the restroom, upon my return, the friend gives me a hug and announces she is leaving. She whispers in my ear to treat her friend right and for us to be careful. That dampens the 3some thoughts but am still happy things are going well.

Suddenly I start noticing the chick is starting to slur her words. She admits she downed a drink before I got there because she was real nervous, but was really glad to see me when I walked in. She has now slid her chair closer and has started becoming affectionate. But she is getting hammered. I slowed her down on the drinking and got her some water. Ordered an app for us to share in hopes of slowing down this train ride. She eats a few fries but doesn't want them or the water. she orders a beer from the waitress- which was a step down from the vodka she had been drinking.

30 more mins pass and she is now kissing on me. She looks me dead in the face and says "let's get a room somewhere- you are my Valentine". Check Please!!!! I grab us a room and in we go. She's a little drunk- but hey- all in good fun huh? We get settled in the room and she jumps on me- pushes me on the bed. By golly, we rolling now. I start trying to take off her clothes and she goes "no- we aren't doing that. I don't **** on the 1st date". Are you kidding me??? You wanted to get a room and spend the night together to hug and kiss????? Great

About another 5 mins of her keeping my hands at bay- she pops up and goes "oh no" and runs to the bathroom. All I can hear for the next 30 mins is the sound of puking and crying. Puking and crying. I walk in and give her a towel- she grabbed it and told me to get out. Her mascara was running down her face and she looked like Alice Cooper now. I went and laid down in the bed and fell asleep.

She wakes me up about 2am and wants to snuggle. I told her she smelled like vomit and needed a shower. She got pissed and says she wants me to take her to her car. I try to talk her out of it because it's 25 degrees outside-but she was determined. So we leave the room I just wasted a $100 on for 4 hours of puking and crying. She hugged me goodbye and that was the last time I saw that little 5'2 Hotbox

vCash
    Please keep this thread going. Best entertainment I have had in a while.

Banned
    vCash
    Sounds like a hilariously entertaining night minus being super sick. Favorite part is the passing of one fork back and forth. Y'all should carry that on as tradition for your V-Day steak dinner.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Girlfriend said she was sick and I ran into her having dinner with her outside dik.

vCash
    Mom cancelled cinemax
    Last edited by fader2103; 02-14-2017 at 12:57 PM.

vCash
    Many moon ago I was about a year into a nasty separation and divorce. We finally settled and signed the divorce paperwork and all we had to do was wait the 90 days or whatever it was until the judge would sign off on it. It was supposed to be final the first week of Feb and I had met someone else about this time and we decided that our first date would be Valentines day which happened to be the following Friday. That Friday morning my attorney calls me to inform me that I was still legally married. They had found the judge dead face down on my divorce papers on his desk, unsigned of course. Seems the judge had a few enemies and death threats so it was not out of the question that foul play was involved and his office was now a potential crime scene. There was no way I was giving the Ex a reason to renegotiate the divorce so the date had to be canceled. New girl wasn't real happy and who would believe that story. Turns out the judge died of natural causes and I had to wait until another judge could be appointed to catch up his backlog. We eventually had that first date and today will be our 30th Valentines day together.

vCash
    Had a florist in town that I always used. Well girlfriend and I had been dating for awhile and broke up around Thanksgiving. Got a new girlfriend right after and went to send her roses on VDay. Stupid ass florist took the roses to the Ex instead of the new GF. Try explaining that one to the new girl I was dating....

vCash
    Bought a ton of shit for a girl in high school that I had a crush on. Sent it all secret admirer and was going to quote what I wrote to her later that day to out myself. But, she thought it was from the guy she had a crush on and asked him did he order all this stuff. AND THE SORRY M'FER SAID YES IT WAS HIM!

I m'fing hate Valentines Day!

vCash
    I think mine might be today. We just got back from having a nice purple cast placed on wife's leg/foot and finding out if will likely still be on there during our planned Spring Break beach trip.

vCash

10 years ago one of my best friends left work 3 Hours early with a bottle of wine

Roses, and a big box of chocolates only to walk in the house and find his neighbor in bed with his wife.
    I will always remember Valentine's Day thinking of that....it sucked big time for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Roses, and a big box of chocolates only to walk in the house and find his neighbor in bed with his wife.
    I will always remember Valentine's Day thinking of that....it sucked big time for him.
    Like Larry the cable guy said...guns don't kill people. Husbands that come home early do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    Girlfriend said she was sick and I ran into her having dinner with her outside dik.
    This happened to me once but it wasn't Valentines. I walked in, sat at the bar and lo and behold, there she is with Mr. Jos A. Bank sitting at a table. This, after telling me she didn't feel well that evening. I quietly slipped out to the car and sat there for 30 mins, trying to decide what I was going to do about it.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    This happened to me once but it wasn't Valentines. I walked in, sat at the bar and lo and behold, there she is with Mr. Jos A. Bank sitting at a table. This, after telling me she didn't feel well that evening. I quietly slipped out to the car and sat there for 30 mins, trying to decide what I was going to do about it.
    What's bad is when they get caught red handed and still say it isn't what it looks like. Really? So I was just misinterpreting your hand on his crotch moving back and forth because that is called a handjob.

vCash
    I was leaving to go on a hog hunt on a private island off the coast of Georgia with 3 buddies on Valentines day... The guys were on their way to pick me up when I overheard someone say " Yeah - gave her a card & some roses"... and it hit me what day it was. I only had 10 minutes before they got there and we HAD to make it by high tide.There was nothing at the Piggly Wiggly (I know - but it was the only shot I had because nothing was close enough) except a heart shaped cake that had written in red icing "YOU'RE TOPS" ... Ran home and said here baby, it's all they had.... 6 hours later that afternoon as we were finally relaxing on the island I reached for my first beer from my ice chest. My wife had stuffed that cake into my ice chest and slammed the lid down on it. I didn't have a beer, steak, or egg that didn't have a gooey layer of sticky icing all over it and of course my hunting companions saw it and I caught hell from them as well .... 30 years later I decided it was worth the price even though I didn't get a hog

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Hell I would have walked back in and bought them both drinks and sat down with them. At the appropriate time, I would have whispered to him that she had given me the clap and that was why I wasn't dating her anymore.