Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm Calling It Now....

vCash

I'm Calling It Now....

Tommy Tuberville will be OM's coach this Fall.

Bo just did an excellent interview with him and asked,"would taking over a program like Jim Grobe did at Baylor interest you. "

Tubs basically said he'd love too. Sounds great
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    You really think they would hire pine box Tubs? I'll put my v cash on that. No way he is the coach at TSUN this September.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Tommy Tuberville will be OM's coach this Fall.

Bo just did an excellent interview with him and asked,"would taking over a program like Jim Grobe did at Baylor interest you. "

Tubs basically said he'd love too. Sounds great
    John Gruden and Tony Dungy have to say 'No' first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    You really think they would hire pine box Tubs? I'll put my v cash on that. No way he is the coach at TSUN this September.
    Not sure but it's easily probably the best hire they could make.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I'm just ready to see ol' Hugh get shown the door by the NCAA so we can get the Swaggert tearfest with his "resignation". Should be classic entertainment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Not sure but it's easily probably the best hire they could make.
    It would be beautiful. And it would be even more beautiful if he leaves in his pinebox the same way he did last time.

But.....it ain't happening. That guy is pretty well hated in Oxford these days.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Going to let Harry speak for me.

vCash
    Rob Ryan

vCash
    Tubberville would only go back to Oxford to get the pine box he left there.

Although, the thought of Tommy T being the only coach they could get would be deliciously ironic.

vCash
    Do they have new DL coach yet?

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Do they have new DL coach yet?
    i am gonna go ahead and call this one ---- they won't hire another coach until after the new NOA/ amended NOA drops.
    The reason for this is simple - you won't get anyone else dumb enough to leave what they know they have to go to somewhere that they know they very likely won't be by the time the season rolls around. Any coach with a clue knows that this is bad, really bad. And they aren't going to jeopardize their current AND future situations by rolling the dice and coming to OM. Truth is, that staff is a dead man walking. and no one wants to go for fear that they will be shown the door when everyone gets the boot from a new/interim coach.

ETA

the ONLY way i would come as an assistant coach is that in my contract I have GUARANTEED MONEY for the one/two year contract, and that I have the option to leave with all said salary should the NCAA hand down major sanctions (i.e. bowl bans, show cause for HC, major losses of schollys, etc.). This is what McCriff got, and thats the only guy that would take it. He knew he could milk this for a big payday, and that they were desperate for someone - ANYONE - with a pulse to come be the DC. he did just like all those prospects did to OM, use them for their money, and end up not giving them much in the end but a big turd.
    Last edited by Westdawg; 02-13-2017 at 11:56 AM.
    "When opportunity knocks, ask for two forms of ID, because it is probably just trouble in disguise" - Tickle #Discovery Channel

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    John Gruden and Tony Dungy have to say 'No' first.
    You left out Chip Kelly and Jim Harbaugh. These 4 will have to turn it down before they can offer Tubby.

vCash
    Shea Patterson's brother has my vote. **

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SDDawg View Post
    Shea Patterson's brother has my vote. **
    That sounds like something they would do. And sadly I'm being serious.

However after Dungy, Harbaugh, Gruden, Saban, and Bellicheck turn them down I bet they end up with Jay Hopson if I had to guess. That or someone that is desperate to coach in the SEC or a guy like Croom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That sounds like something they would do. And sadly I'm being serious.

However after Dungy, Harbaugh, Gruden, Saban, and Bellicheck turn them down I bet they end up with Jay Hopson if I had to guess. That or someone that is desperate to coach in the SEC or a guy like Croom.
    I bet Hopson stays at USM. OM will be too toxic even for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    You left out Chip Kelly and Jim Harbaugh. These 4 will have to turn it down before they can offer Tubby.
    Dennis Erickson, too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Hopson has an opportunity to build at USM and turn them into a team that competes for CUSA titles. Why go to OM to be last in the SEC every year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Yeah, I think when Hopson talks about being where he wants to be, it's not just normal coachspeak. I'm sure there's a dollar amount where he'd leave to go to a bigger program, but he's young enough that coaching at USM long term and keeping his family basically where they've been for a while will probably trump a three to four year payday at UM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    If they get the sanctions everybody expects, I think they'd swallow their pride and take him. I don't think Tubberville would take the job. He may not be a hot commodity right now, but he'll have better options than that.

vCash
    Does Donnie Tyndall's show cause apply to football? OM has respect for basketball coaches turned football coaches plus Donnie appears to have a penchant for running a program in the manner OM approves