Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: To All the Rebels blaming your trouble on everyone else

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turkish View Post
    The fact that this all started (or, at least, caught a new gear) as a result of Mullen handing them their ass, and getting in their heads, cannot be overstated. Don't let em forget that.

That's the less-discussed but most satisfying aspect of this whole thing for me.
    I think we need to remember this. Not forget it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroons View Post
    I'll say it again to all the Bear readers -

YOU ARE NOT THE VICTIMS. YOU ARE THE PERPETRATORS.

And your woe-is-me, victimized attitude that says the NCAA has a vendetta against Ole Miss because nobody wants to see Ole Miss win is garbage. And everybody outside of your program knows it.
    Saying the NCAA has a vendetta against Ole Miss is like saying the police had a vendetta against Charles Manson.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    They were looking at multiple years probation when Peyton was coming out of high school. There was a huge black cloud over that program during that period. It'd be like any top players signing with them the last two seasons. No smart, highly rated players would've signed in 16 or 17.
    This is exactly why I'm not worried about them being competitive even with the 16 class on campus. Anyone stupid enough to sign with that school with what is going on right now is more than likely too big of an idiot to make a real impact in the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turkish View Post
    The fact that this all started (or, at least, caught a new gear) as a result of Mullen handing them their ass, and getting in their heads, cannot be overstated. Don't let em forget that.

That's the less-discussed but most satisfying aspect of this whole thing for me.
    I said after the first 3 Mullen ass whippings he better get ready, because TSUN was going to come unhinged. I was wrong on what form it would take, however. I thought they'd go back to the old JWS playbook and hire PIs to follow our coaches, lie to the NCAA, etc. Instead, they went internal and ramped up The Network to heights never before seen. It started with CJ Johnson and the 2011 class. Once they got away with CJ, they turned on the Network afterburners and hit Mach 7 while everyone else was cruising around Mach 2. They became more unhinged this time than when JWS was whipping that ass, I think.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    I said after the first 3 Mullen ass whippings he better get ready, because TSUN was going to come unhinged. I was wrong on what form it would take, however. I thought they'd go back to the old JWS playbook and hire PIs to follow our coaches, lie to the NCAA, etc. Instead, they went internal and ramped up The Network to heights never before seen. It started with CJ Johnson and the 2011 class. Once they got away with CJ, they turned on the Network afterburners and hit Mach 7 while everyone else was cruising around Mach 2. They became more unhinged this time than when JWS was whipping that ass, I think.
    Yup. Kind of a perfect storm as well. Along with Mullen beating their ass, they were emboldened by what happened at Miami.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    The only thing that makes me question how deeply Archie Manning may be involved is that history shows his love for everything Ole Miss has boundaries. He did not allow Peyton Manning to sign up to play for Billy Brewer, which tells me his love may have limits. I may be reading too much into this though.
    Peyton was sent to Tennessee because Archaay knew TSUN was going on probation at that time. Also, Cutcliff was there and they liked him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    The only reason that worked in the first place was because Ole Miss and the NCAA had a common interest at that time- which was getting rid of Jackie. They don't share that common interest with Dan.

What they did didn't really surprise me because Dan was starting to take over Mississippi in recruiting whereas Jackie was content to go after a lot of JUCO's. And when they had CJ's class and "won recruiting" and then went 2-10 with them as freshmen I think was logical for them to look elsewhere for the most part which pretty much left out of state for them. What's going on right now with them is a big reason why I am so big on trying to keep as many in state guys as we can.

They absolutely can not stand for MSU to be more successful than them in football. It totally rocks their world and they will do whatever it takes for them to be better especially if it's something subjective like recruiting where the results aren't truly measured until 3-5 years later and by that time there are "other" subjectively good classes to brag about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corn Bread View Post
    Peyton was sent to Tennessee because Archaay knew TSUN was going on probation at that time. Also, Cutcliff was there and they liked him.
    Ole Miss was also running the option with Brewer at that time as well and I remember that being a factor. In fact, I remember Brewer firing his OC and hiring Larry Kueck because he ran a more pass friendly type offense which was kind of a prehistoric spread type of offense. My guess is Archie knew that they were going on probation and that Brewer wasn't going to be around much longer and that they were going to have to hire someone outside of the Ole Miss family of networks and no one knew who that was going to be at that time. Peyton would have spent his freshman year playing for Joe Lee Dunn. They were only eligible for one bowl during that time span as well not to mention a good bit of their talent were not exactly the same types that Peyton had at Tennessee. So yes- probation was definitely a factor.

You're right about Cutcliffe and the Manning's- in fact Archie didn't like Tuberville at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Saying the NCAA has a vendetta against Ole Miss is like saying the police had a vendetta against Charles Manson.
    Doesn't Chucky close all of his parole rejections with a "Hotty Toddy!"?***

vCash
    Let's get a few things straight, guys. Archie is CEO of the Network, Taco Bell Tuohy is the CFO and the Inn is HQ.

Chancellors, Athletic Directors, Head Coaches and "rouge" boosters have come and gone, yet Archie and Touhy remain, and the network activities remain. Archie and TB Touhy are the common denominators. The Chancellors/ADs/Head Coaches/Boosters are the numerators, they change in and out, but as long as the common denominators remain, the Network is defined.

A little math lesson: if you take the numerator out of a fraction, but leave the denominator, the fraction goes to zero. It is still defined, and only waiting for a numerator to appear so that it can have a positive quotient. However, if you take the denominator out of the fraction, it becomes undefined, or in other words, nonexistent, regardless of whatever may be in the numerator.

If the NCAA wants to put an end to the cheating at OM, and kill the network, they will have to remove what defines it. Don't think for a minute that the NCAA are too scared to touch names as big as Archie's or Touhy's. Remember that the governor of Texas was one of the main guys busted in the SMU case. Now, does the NCAA have the dirt on Archie/TBTouhy? I guess we will find out. I don't think they will get Archie, but I'm almost positive Taco Bell will be banned from Oxford. When you have Freeze personally bringing a recruit to the Touhy's room in the Inn, it doesn't look too good for either of them. Especially when said recruit may or may not have been granted immunity from the NCAA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousDawg34 View Post
    Let's get a few things straight, guys. Archie is CEO of the Network, Taco Bell Tuohy is the CFO and the Inn is HQ.

Chancellors, Athletic Directors, Head Coaches and "rouge" boosters have come and gone, yet Archie and Touhy remain, and the network activities remain. Archie and TB Touhy are the common denominators. The Chancellors/ADs/Head Coaches/Boosters are the numerators, they change in and out, but as long as the common denominators remain, the Network is defined.

A little math lesson: if you take the numerator out of a fraction, but leave the denominator, the fraction goes to zero. It is still defined, and only waiting for a numerator to appear so that it can have a positive quotient. However, if you take the denominator out of the fraction, it becomes undefined, or in other words, nonexistent, regardless of whatever may be in the numerator.

If the NCAA wants to put an end to the cheating at OM, and kill the network, they will have to remove what defines it. Don't think for a minute that the NCAA are too scared to touch names as big as Archie's or Touhy's. Remember that the governor of Texas was one of the main guys busted in the SMU case. Now, does the NCAA have the dirt on Archie/TBTouhy? I guess we will find out. I don't think they will get Archie, but I'm almost positive Taco Bell will be banned from Oxford. When you have Freeze personally bringing a recruit to the Touhy's room in the Inn, it doesn't look too good for either of them. Especially when said recruit may or may not have been granted immunity from the NCAA.
    If I had to guess Archie probably operates at a distance where it's hard to pin him. Tuohy like you said- not so much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Which one?
    Pretty sure he must be speaking of booty banging Myles Hartsfield
    "They live in bizarro world...up is down...yes is no...hot is cold. Now they've determined that the NCAA sends a Letter of Inquiry AFTER an investigation is basically over. Uh...NO. Not how it works." Zv2, Bafoom Motard , 10/12/15

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    I think that is true as well. The media would rather have an "expose" later than an "I told you so" moment. If they jump too quickly on the so&so is cheating bandwagon it sounds like a bitter fan. If they wait for the house of cards to fall, it's a bigger story.

Msu shot up like a bottle rocket too but Dak was an easy explanation because we didn't land players our school wasn't known for getting. Om on the other hand had continued stories of trouble among the players that they "shouldn't" have landed. My guess is CJ and Brassel started the ball rolling once the act testing issue came to light with ULL and Saunders.

We state fans have a unique vantage point but it's skewed by our closeup view of their fans.

The real story here is how a group of boosters convinced an institution of higher learning to compromise everything a college should stand for.

I don't think the "Cheater" tattoo will be easy to remove.
    You, sir, are absolutely correct. It will definitely be interesting to see if a national media type (Forde, Wolken, etc) or the 30-for-30 runs with all aspects of this decade-long story once the hammer falls.

I'm talking about breaking it down element-by-element -- from the ACT fraud emanating from Waynesboro and what players were involved
    to the inner workings of the Network to what named boosters were disassociated
    TO how the university administration had no choice but to look the other way once the Network's hole had been dug so deep that the leaders realized they had destroyed the university and its reputation if they ever changed course to admit their transgressions due to the duration of the Network's dealings.

But I know there will be one institution EMPHATICALLY thanking TCUN for their cheating actions, and that will be SMU..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousDawg34 View Post

Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash

Tunsil told the truth as well with his post draft comments. Do we know if Barney

fessed up or not? We know he was made a sacrificial lamb. You have to think Kiffin told the truth as well and then bailed.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    fessed up or not? We know he was made a sacrificial lamb. You have to think Kiffin told the truth as well and then bailed.
    Don't forget Saunders.

vCash
    ASScough from ESPN on Hugh:

Hugh Freeze, Ole Miss: Freeze has done absolute wonders for a program stuck in mediocrity. Those top recruiting classes and back-to-back New Years Six bowls were uncharted territory for Ole Miss. But this NCAA cloud hanging over the program has been debilitating. Unless the NCAA finds more issues directly linked to Freeze and absolutely drops the hammer on Ole Miss, I wouldn't say that Freeze's job is in jeopardy after last year's 5-7 season, but he has the pressure of keeping this team and this program together and focused during a spring in which the NCAA storyline will be all anyone will want to talk about.

If the NCAA delivers some bad news to the Rebels, it'll be up to Freeze to manage how players and coaches respond on the field -- and that could be a lot to ask.

vCash
    NCAA has to make an example out of OM. They bundled the Miami case a few years back. Also too much talk about teams leaving, making their own conferences and what not. Plus Freeze is a repeat offender. But the one thing I will agree with the shitbirds on is that the NCAA takes wayyyyy too damn long to hand out their punishments. Lets do it already

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GTHOM View Post
    NCAA has to make an example out of OM. They bundled the Miami case a few years back. Also too much talk about teams leaving, making their own conferences and what not. Plus Freeze is a repeat offender. But the one thing I will agree with the shitbirds on is that the NCAA takes wayyyyy too damn long to hand out their punishments. Lets do it already
    Well, who knows what all NCAA is finding on them and how bad OM is trying to hide it. If NCAA continues to unearth stuff, then you can and should expect it to go until they stop uncovering stuff. Now I do agree they should hand penalties out within a year or something like that, on facts they have gathered throughout that year, but then continue to investigate until they think they've uncovered what they want to uncover, and each year the investigation continues they should add penalties. Not sure why they have to, or want to wait to hand out penalties until the investigation is over, as it could hurt the kids as much as it does anyone else. If NCAA handed out penalties and said there is more to come, then more of the recruits would have probably passed on them. Or if Hugh told them the truth about how bad it will be, they would've taken a pass.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corn Bread View Post
    He prolly remembered the living hell he went thru in n.o. and didn't want the same for his son.