Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Football Over Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Football Over Edition

I have no idea of any plans this weekend. I'm sure I'll whip something together here and there.

vCash
    I'll kick it off. Just whipped something together at work. Chicken and shrimp Mediterranean pasta but instead of angel hair, subbed spaghetti squash. Saut?ed mixed bells, onion, tomatoes, and kalamata olives. Tossed in shrimp and grilled chicken. Threw in tomatoes at end. Plated and topped with feta and parsley.

vCash
    I feel like Feb is a black hole for hunting/fishing and sports. I know basketball is going on and I could go rabbit or squirrel hunting, but just doesnt pique my interests.

About to put some wild turkey legs/thighs in the crock pot....tomorrow I will shred for shred for tacos and quesadillas. I like mine simple. Corn tortilla and some fresh pico. Probably some Presidente to wash it down.

Four Roses (yellow label) to cap the night.

vCash
    Eagle Rare for now. Haven't planned food yet. I want to squeeze in some fishing at some point this weekend. Going to check out the Biloxi Boat Show tomorrow, for sure.

vCash
    I was on the road today, so no cooking tonight. Did have a couple of Lagunitas IPAs with a blackened chicken Caesar salad for dinner though.

vCash
    All I've been able to conjure up is a couple of Natty Lights and a rum/diet

vCash
    Yuengling, while rigging poles and loading the kayak. I'm planning on some lazy bridge fishing for sheepies in the morning. Tacos in a while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    Yuengling, while rigging poles and loading the kayak. I'm planning on some lazy bridge fishing for sheepies in the morning. Tacos in a while.
    My pops is fishing the bridge tomorrow too. I'm hoping he loads up on bay snapper

vCash
    My wife requested filets topped with crab-boiled sheepshead next week. Hope I can meet that demand. Ha

vCash
    I'm taking advantage of Stone's entry to Mississippi by enjoying some Ruination and watching Bulldog basketball. Hoping the wife cooks something soon.

vCash

I went with some fusion tonight. Grilled red snapper I finished with some teriyaki glaze. Spooned some fresh mango salsa on top. I basically threw together stuff I had available. Turned out well.

vCash
    That looks damn good.

vCash
    my wife wanted crawfish. She got what she wanted and the whole county came. She's been battling cancer since may and her last treatment was yesterday. We think, and hope, everything is gone. Too happy, and drunk, to take good pics (I haven't really drank a ton since this happened). But we boiled 6 sacks and we were fighting over claws when it was done. All I got was a pic of one cooler when I picked them up

vCash
    my wife wanted crawfish. She got what she wanted and the whole county came. She's been battling cancer since may and her last treatment was yesterday. We think, and hope, everything is gone. Too happy, and drunk, to take good pics (I haven't really drank a ton since this happened). But we boiled 6 sacks and we were fighting over claws when it was done. All I got was a pic of one cooler when I picked them up

vCash
    That's a cause for celebration Ruckus. I'll send one up that y'all get a good report. Glad y'all enjoyed those mud bugs, drinks, and friends. Y'all deserved it.
    Last edited by BeastMan; 02-11-2017 at 11:41 PM.

vCash
    Smoked chicken with teetotaling relatives. Out of respect no drinking till they left. After they left......Ardbeg Scotch, Old Rasputin, Bigfoot Barleywine, Mississippi Fireant..............to be continued.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Smoked chicken with teetotaling relatives. Out of respect no drinking till they left. After they left......Ardbeg Scotch, Old Rasputin, Bigfoot Barleywine, Mississippi Fireant..............to be continued.
    Just continued... Dank Tank Pulled Porter from Sweetwater. They bill it as a bacon smoke flavored porter. It's good but I don't get the "smoked" or the porter. It's more like a dark Scottish ale to me. Perhaps the Ardbeg and the chicken blew my smoke receptors for the night. The Ardbeg was Perpetuam. by the way.....an AWSOME Christmas gift from my wife!

vCash
    Thank bud. From all accounts everything has been a success, it's just been a long 9 months.

vCash
    Congrats Ruckus. I grabbed some crawfish myself and hammered them. Washed it down with Miller Lite, I'm not as sophisticated as you IPA lovers.

Finished the night sipping Titos and watching us lose another basketball game

vCash
    Held back a little snapper from yesterday because I was really wanting some fried fish. Did it in the cast iron with grape seed oil since I'm trying to be a little bit healthier. Did some house made tarter too.