Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turkey Season 2017

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GTHOM View Post
    Sounds like you've got it figured out man! Congrats again haha
    Thanks. Haha I may sound like I have it figured out, but i really just have 2 great spots. Ive really worked on my calling the past few years, but knowing the woods i hunt, like the back of my hand, is why i have success.

For you guys that turkey hunt and hunt/fish other game, whats your favorite? Ive hunted deer, duck, dove ever since I can remember. I only picked up turkey hunting 6 years ago, but I wouldnt trade it for any other hunting. If i had to give up all hunting except 1, i would keep turkey.

vCash
    turkey > every other hunting for me.

I mananged to kill an old gobbler this morning. I've had a blast hunting him this year , and glad to finally win the round. I wish I could do it all over again tomorrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LandDawg View Post
    Thanks. Haha I may sound like I have it figured out, but i really just have 2 great spots. Ive really worked on my calling the past few years, but knowing the woods i hunt, like the back of my hand, is why i have success.

For you guys that turkey hunt and hunt/fish other game, whats your favorite? Ive hunted deer, duck, dove ever since I can remember. I only picked up turkey hunting 6 years ago, but I wouldnt trade it for any other hunting. If i had to give up all hunting except 1, i would keep turkey.
    Turkey and its not even close

vCash
    Finally struck this morning about 10. Like a TV hunt... watched him strut for 15 mins before he came to the decoys and got in range.

1 1/8th and 1 1/16th spurs.

Best hunt ever.
    Last edited by Spiderman; 04-05-2017 at 05:55 PM.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Congrats Spider nice bird. Weekend weather is looking terrific. Good luck to everyone chasing them. Will be great weekend between Turkeys and SBW.

vCash
    Gobbling has slowed down for me. Anyone else getting the same? Talked to a MDWFP turkey biologist the other day he said gobbling was down where he worked this year (Pearl River WMA) I figured that because of the flood

vCash
    Nice bird spider.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GTHOM View Post
    Gobbling has slowed down for me. Anyone else getting the same? Talked to a MDWFP turkey biologist the other day he said gobbling was down where he worked this year (Pearl River WMA) I figured that because of the flood
    Theyve got lock jaw for the last two days

vCash
    I killed my biggest turkey ever yesterday. He had 11 1/4" beard and 1 5/8" spurs on both sides.

vCash
    Trob....congrats on a huge bird. Don't hear of spurs that long very often! Post some pics of those hooks