Thread: Grantham's First Interview

vCash

Grantham's First Interview

https://www.periscope.tv/HailStateFB/1yNGaPrQLMgKj

Its live now but can rewatch later

vCash
    Of note, he will be again running a 1 gap 3-4 (similar to Wade Phillips) and coverages will be closer to Saban's match up Zone with one on one coverages as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Of note, he will be again running a 1 gap 3-4 (similar to Wade Phillips) and coverages will be closer to Saban's match up Zone with one on one coverages as well.
    Saban is big on pattern matching. He runs a hybrid cover 3/cover 1 as his base coverage package with a rip and liz call. Corners play outside leverage on the receivers because they know they have help inside. If it is a vertical route, the coverage is cover 1, which is man to man. If the receiver breaks in, they run cover 3. They read the receiver closest to the side line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Saban is big on pattern matching. He runs a hybrid cover 3/cover 1 as his base coverage package with a rip and liz call. Corners play outside leverage on the receivers because they know they have help inside. If it is a vertical route, the coverage is cover 1, which is man to man. If the receiver breaks in, they run cover 3. They read the receiver closest to the side line.
    *googles "rip and liz"*

vCash
    Is it less complicated than what we were trying to do? We seemed really slow last year because guys were thinking rather than reacting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Is it less complicated than what we were trying to do? We seemed really slow last year because guys were thinking rather than reacting.
    It sounds more complex than it is. The key thing is you have to play your assignment and not worry about what the guy next to you does. You have to trust that he will be in the right spot. I think this past season, we had a lot of trust issues on the field.

vCash
    Grantham coached for Saban at Michigan State. Nick has always spoken very highly of him...even going as far to say that Grantham is one of his favorite coaches he's ever worked with. I think it's safe to say that our defense, at least conceptually, will be similar to what Bama does.
    Last edited by K9 Avenger; 02-08-2017 at 02:19 PM.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    My favorite takeaways
    1) His family is moving here and becoming part of the community
    2)no set position period... best 11 players play. Will find a position.
    Last edited by preachermatt83; 02-08-2017 at 03:01 PM. Reason: To mark out the commies
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    The one gap is easier for college kids to learn and easier for transitioning to 4 man fronts as well. That part is easier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    1) His family is moving here and becoming part of the communist

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Pattern match zone defense is identifying/covering an offensive guy closely when in your area. Kind of zone 1st, then man.

vCash
    I freakin' knew he was a leftist loon.

vCash
    My favorite takeaways
    2)no set position period... best 11 players play. Will find a position.
    LMFAO!!!!

Banned
    vCash
    Hope he carefully analyzes the players he has before totally deciding on scheme.

vCash
    Didn't know this periscope account existed so I'm catching up on videos. Pretty great stuff on there. I hear Hadad talk about Bob's crazy hand all of the time on BSR and it's my first time seeing it. Impressive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Technetium View Post
    Hahaha!! Community*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I freakin' knew he was a leftist loon.
    Ha!!! I'm #ObamasBiggestFan**

vCash
    as
    Quote Originally Posted by travis View Post
    *googles "rip and liz"*
    It's a strength call in the secondary.
    Rip- right call
    Liz- left call

vCash
    I like that he said He would attack the QB. he wants the QB scared and confused and hit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by K9 Avenger View Post
    Grantham coached for Saban at Michigan State. Nick has always spoken very highly of him...even going as far to say that Grantham is one of his favorite coaches he's ever worked with. I think it's safe to say that our defense, at least conceptually, will be similar to what Bama does.
    I like that our offense will be practicing against a defense that is similar to the most difficult defense we will face every year. We need every advantage possible. Fitz and Key need to know how to exploit that defense.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***