Page 9 of 151 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    I know we have some weakness at OL that need addressing, but I am worried this may be the worst WR corps since Mullen arrived. Heath is a must keep, but outside of him we need to do work in what is apparently a deep year for WRs (or just shitty evaluation by Scout.com). Currently, Scout has 69 (69!) WRs at 4* or better and really Heath is all we have to show for it. I know there is some optimism with the guys from NOLA that played with Keytaon, but how probable is that (serious inquiry)?

If that evaluation is decent and 50 of those 69 are 4* or better, is it unrealistic to think we could land another 1-2 from that group?

vCash
    Delete

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I mean, the decision to postpone his decision should make everyone feel less confident about Bohanon. Still may come to State, but it's obviously at least up in the air now.
    As of now, it sounds like we're wanting Mayden and are slow playing Bohanon.

On another note, I thought it's pretty cool that Mayden is asking for non-perishable donations for his charity " See Me Beyond".

https://twitter.com/MommaMayden/stat...42990682841088

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    As of now, it sounds like we're wanting Mayden and are slow playing Bohanon.

On another note, I thought it's pretty cool that Mayden is asking for non-perishable donations for his charity " See Me Beyond".

https://twitter.com/MommaMayden/stat...42990682841088
    That's not true. We were more than willing & ready to take Bohanon on Friday. He made the decision to wait on his commitment not us.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    That's not true. We were more than willing & ready to take Bohanon on Friday. He made the decision to wait on his commitment not us.
    Well I heard it on the internet, so it must be true....

Honestly, I think it was on The Boneyard and another BSR show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Well I heard it on the internet, so it must be true....

Honestly, I think it was on The Boneyard and another BSR show.
    I'll just say we didn't tell Bohanon he couldn't commit to MSU.

vCash
    I'll just say we didn't tell Bohanon he couldn't commit to MSU.
    You think we still have a shot at both? Or is it likely Mayden or neither at this point?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    You think we still have a shot at both? Or is it likely Mayden or neither at this point?
    My stance has always been we have a better chance at getting both than getting neither. 1st domino falls tonight & then we'll go from there.

vCash
    You think Bohanon decided to wait to see where Mayden decided to go? I kind of convinced myself of that. No inside scoop, just curious if he held off to see what Mayden decided then he'd decide after that. I don't know.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    My stance has always been we have a better chance at getting both than getting neither. 1st domino falls tonight & then we'll go from there.
    Is Bohanon open to position change?

vCash
    Would love to have both, Bohanon is a great athlete, he will play at some position and who knows maybe he beats out Mayden for the QB position. Mayden advantage is that he has played against stiffer competition in a large Texas High School classification.

vCash
    Jalen Mayden committed. Not Germans to the recruiting thread ha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Is Bohanon open to position change?
    Kid is a power 5 QB that will start sooner than later. he isn't changing positions.

vCash
    For some reason I get the feeling Louisville may be one to watch for Bohanon. Not sure they have as much competition at QB with Jackson moving on after this year.

vCash
    About the OL, Chris Bleich out if PA, what are our chances? I watch his video, I like what I see.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Did I miss anyone talking about Shaq Wiggins confirming Tennessee? I can't believe nonone is talking about it. I think it still not over though for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    For some reason I get the feeling Louisville may be one to watch for Bohanon. Not sure they have as much competition at QB with Jackson moving on after this year.
    Arkansas out of it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Did I miss anyone talking about Shaq Wiggins confirming Tennessee? I can't believe nonone is talking about it. I think it still not over though for him.
    It looks like he's sticking with Tenn. I lost what little hope I had after reading that he didnt announce the visit to their staff. I never thought this would work out for us anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Arkansas out of it?
    I think we would still take him at QB if he wants to come even though we already have one committed but I don't blame him for considering others that fit his skill set better. I'd say we'll be in his top 3 but it's hard to tell with him right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Kid is a power 5 QB that will start sooner than later. he isn't changing positions.
    He has said he'd be open to it.