Page 87 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 3018

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I hear you, but he's also playing against other high school players.

How would he match up against a guy like AJ Brown or Metcalf? They would beat him with speed & size

Knight may end being an NFL player for all I know, but I also know that it's generally a bad idea to deviate from the profile this much
    Well he never played CB or S much so he wouldnt be matched up with them anyway. Put him at OLB like JT Gray or shit just let the guy start on all special teams and return kicks.

Im not trying to drool over the kid but he is as good off the field as he is on it. He deserves a shot

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Go watch him play and tell me there was a better player in the state this year. Without him Pearl doesnt come close to a ring
    Knight was great but Marcus Murphy was the best player in the state this year.

vCash
    Ok.

I've seen the kid live for 4 years, even talked to him. He aint 5'6. Hes probably 5'9, 5'10.

I'd say a 4.5, 4.6 is about right but theres a diff in 40 speed and game speed.

Hes a football player, the best one pound for pound in the state.

We will be sitting here in a few yrs wondering why we didnt try
    Damn, kinda sounds like Jerry Rice to me.

vCash
    And like I said don’t worry about Patterson
    He recommitted this evening

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    And like I said don’t worry about Patterson
    He recommitted this evening
    Think we go ahead and sign him? Does not look like we will sign 25 anyway

vCash
    Ok.

I've seen the kid live for 4 years, even talked to him. He aint 5'6. Hes probably 5'9, 5'10.

I'd say a 4.5, 4.6 is about right but theres a diff in 40 speed and game speed.

Hes a football player, the best one pound for pound in the state.

We will be sitting here in a few yrs wondering why we didnt try
    Look Bucky, everybody has their favorites, especially hometown guys, but the guys that we pay millions of dollars to, have to make 25 decisions per year to keep making that kind of money. I completely believe you, that this young man is of outstanding character, maybe an Eagle Scout. I wish, as I referenced above that we had signed Jerry Rice. Emory Bellard was our coach at the time and his wishbone did not put a premium on wide receivers. Man I appreciate your passion in your promotion of this young man, but it is just not in the cards.

vCash
    If we have 25 scholarships and dont use them after all the ''mismanagement'' of the roster we bitched about under Mullen then we really bitched about nothing for like 9 years. That or we feel really good about 19 class

vCash
    Anyone got any good rumors?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Knight was great but Marcus Murphy was the best player in the state this year.
    I think thats arguable. Only west point game I really watched all yr was the state title game bc we dont play them but yeah I'd say they both are the biggest reasons their teams went undefeated.

Says a lot in my book

vCash
    Ok. This has gotten like 2 pages.
    Being a good high school player doesn’t mean u can play SEC ball
    He has one offer it’s from USA. That says a lot.
    We aren’t going to offer him. Period. He has 2 options to be a Dawg. Walk on or go Juco and Revist in 2 years.

And comparing him to Marcus Murphy is absurd . Murphy has talent to play day one in the SEC

I hope the kid walks on here and I hope we encourage him too.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    What?s the deal with Patterson re-committing, Ari? Is there hope that he qualifies now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Anyone got any good rumors?
    Pretty sure my neighbors are strung out on meth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    What?s the deal with Patterson re-committing, Ari? Is there hope that he qualifies now?

No. I believe the staff put their initial focus on the players that would be signing early and Patterson didn't get any in home visits which made him think about other options. Once the staff met with him they took care of all that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    No. I believe the staff put their initial focus on the players that would be signing early and Patterson didn't get any in home visits which made him think about other options. Once the staff met with him they took care of all that.
    He's a good player I think. Wasn't essential to the class but I think can make an impact down the road. We've only got Guidry for 2 years I believe and I would bet at least one of Whop or Heath play this year, maybe both. So we will need Patterson at some point to make an impact in a couple years. Plus I think he's an SEC player.

vCash
    What is latest on winkel and Williams? Are there any others not ?committed? that we are recruiting for 2018?

vCash
    Go watch him play and tell me there was a better player in the state this year. Without him Pearl doesnt come close to a ring
    Marcus Murphy was better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    What is latest on winkel and Williams? Are there any others not ?committed? that we are recruiting for 2018?
    Things look good on Winkel. UT seems to be the favorite for Williams. We are recruiting Eddie Smith at CB. He is a former TCU commit.

vCash
    How do we look with Eddie Smith? Maybe it came from him but is he the #1 cb in LA? We need a good one in this class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    How do we look with Eddie Smith? Maybe it came from him but is he the #1 cb in LA? We need a good one in this class.
    He's friends with Whop and Shawn Preston. Hopefully we can get him to visit. Gotta battle UT for him too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Gotta battle UT for him too.
    I am not liking pruitt