Page 80 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 3018

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Very soild early sign day
    Got out Big 3 .. Whop Guidry and Heath
    Only Big miss was. Carvin. We know what happened there. (The guy is a fat ****ing POS) And I said Tenn would be our issue.
    J Will is a shocker but not really when ur dealing with slimy back door OM. We had a plan for the kid, OM doesn’t , have fun in Juco.
    Got a nice surprise with Sh’mar Kilby-Lane . Like I said in another thread kid could be our next Rivers , Sweat, Abrams type contributor.. not you normal Juco guy.
    And everyone pump the breaks on the commits that didn’t sign . We may lose a couple **** we may not lose any.

And one of my sources that told Me and I’m not sure if it was the same one that told I seen It.... the player was David Reese. And I think Paul actually reported this week he was expecting to visit. So we must have thought he wouldn’t sign early and I was told he was above 50/50 to flip. The same source that told me Whop was a dog months ago. So it was very reliable.

Over all very good day . We still have time to find another OL and looks like we are already on a couple . And also we need to find that CB that is SEC talented.
    Im bearing Marcus Murphy will get a crack at that come the spring.
    1. 17 DeVinner, 17 Taco Bell, 17 shitbirds.

2. let's get McDowell. don't like the odds of the others. like someone said, if they didn't bite today, not likely to land them in Feb.

3. David shoulda shown some brotherly love.

4. Thankfully we have cut and paste options for Sh'mar (great get, surprise gift)

5. My prediction is Marcus will be a corner and KO return dude. who was that ND (or was it MI) dude whose an announcer these days that won the Heisman back in the day? (17'd Peyton on that I think)...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post

2. let's get McDowell. don't like the odds of the others. like someone said, if they didn't bite today, not likely to land them in Feb.

4. Thankfully we have cut and paste options for Sh'mar (great get, surprise gift)

5. My prediction is Marcus will be a corner and KO return dude. who was that ND (or was it MI) dude whose an announcer these days that won the Heisman back in the day? (17'd Peyton on that I think)...
    One thing I would say is that if a guy was committed to you and wouldn't sign today then that player should no longer be considered a real commitment at this stage.

vCash
    Only Big miss was. Carvin. We know what happened there. (The guy is a fat ****ing POS) And I said Tenn would be our issue.
    J Will is a shocker but not really when ur dealing with slimy back door OM. We had a plan for the kid, OM doesn?t , have fun in Juco.
    Got a nice surprise with Sh?mar Kilby-Lane . Like I said in another thread kid could be our next Rivers , Sweat, Abrams type contributor.. not you normal Juco guy.
    And everyone pump the breaks on the commits that didn?t sign . We may lose a couple **** we may not lose any.

And one of my sources that told Me and I?m not sure if it was the same one that told I seen It.... the player was David Reese. And I think Paul actually reported this week he was expecting to visit. So we must have thought he wouldn?t sign early and I was told he was above 50/50 to flip. The same source that told me Whop was a dog months ago. So it was very reliable.

Over all very good day . We still have time to find another OL and looks like we are already on a couple . And also we need to find that CB that is SEC talented.
    I could see Moorhead trying to get a grad transfer for the CB spot opposite Peters. That's an avenue that Dan never really used.

vCash
    Not getting Carvin was the biggest loss imo. It’s interesting to me how his mom, who lives in TX was more in on DeVinner and Tennessee than the Dad, who liked MSU, but actually lives in Memphis. Why was the person who lives in TX a bigger fan of DeVinner than the one that lives in TN? Was something funneled away from prying eyes?

My other disappointment was the guys that didn’t sign. Hopefully we fight for them.

vCash
    Props to Ari for the call on Whop to State months ago. That was a ballsy call back then.

A grad transfer is a great idea for a corner. Which reminds me: wonder how Shaq Wiggins felt wasting his grad transfer year at Tennessee?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Not getting Carvin was the biggest loss imo. It’s interesting to me how his mom, who lives in TX was more in on DeVinner and Tennessee than the Dad, who liked MSU, but actually lives in Memphis. Why was the person who lives in TX a bigger fan of DeVinner than the one that lives in TN? Was something funneled away from prying eyes?

My other disappointment was the guys that didn’t sign. Hopefully we fight for them.
    Money talks, relentless effort and strain walks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Money talks, relentless effort and strain walks.
    Even moreso when Devinner is involved. Memphis is one hellhole to recruit in.

vCash
    J Will is a shocker but not really when ur dealing with slimy back door OM. We had a plan for the kid, OM doesn’t , have fun in Juco.
    Got a nice surprise with Sh’mar Kilby-Lane . Like I said in another thread kid could be our next Rivers , Sweat, Abrams type contributor.. not you normal Juco guy.
    And everyone pump the breaks on the commits that didn’t sign . We may lose a couple **** we may not lose any.

And one of my sources that told Me and I’m not sure if it was the same one that told I seen It.... the player was David Reese. And I think Paul actually reported this week he was expecting to visit. So we must have thought he wouldn’t sign early and I was told he was above 50/50 to flip. The same source that told me Whop was a dog months ago. So it was very reliable.

Was a very good day! Appreciate you, IYOK, I seen it and others that bring us some good reliable recruiting info. Thanks and let?s get a few more in the boat come February.

vCash
    Is Hamilton hall a real target? He is listed on 247

vCash
    I thought Reese might have been the guy but just seemed like he wanted to go to UF all along so can't blame him, but that would have been nice.

You would think the opportunity to get early playing time in the SEC would be attractive to some of these CBs.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Is Hamilton hall a real target? He is listed on 247
    Yes. But I think he's OM bound. Just my opinion.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post

Charles Woodson. People have been saying Murphy is going to be like Jabrill Peppers 2.0. With his tape and what guys like Ari are saying, I'm all in on this guy

vCash

Carvin's mom came in the night before and took him to a hotel for the night. Prior to that he was a dog. His dad wanted him here, he lost.

vCash
    So are we going to go back to the sequestering of recruits for several days prior to signing day like in the 70s?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Carvin's mom came in the night before and took him to a hotel for the night. Prior to that he was a dog. His dad wanted him here, he lost.
    Seriously? If you notice Byron only tweeter her - not the dad (no idea if he has twitter), but this why i hate recruiting most of the time

Banned
    vCash
    That sux ass. Hopefully our new guys got a crash course on southern networking. Growing pains and shit. Welcome to the dirty shit down south new guys. There's a new word of you need to add to your vocabulary. Its called "heppin".

vCash
    Boy, between Carvin & Cole Smith, we really got the shaft on OL moms this year.

Goes to show you, you've got to win over the mom. She is the number 1 decision maker.

Women are ferocious & won't give in while men will give in just to make the woman stop screaming

vCash

Goes to show you, you've got to win over the mom. She is the number 1 decision maker.

Women are ferocious & won't give in while men will give in just to make the woman stop screaming
    And carvin did not even live with his mom. Seems dad would have had more weight

vCash

Speaking of Cole, now that he is signed, sealed and delivered to Cajun country can someone shed some light on why his Mom evidently would NOT want him at MSU? I don't understand why any Mother would want to send her kids several hours further away from home just so he wouldn't go to MSU. I don't need gory details just trying to understand a very odd situation of a legacy kid that from all I can tell, grew up cheering for MSU.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Speaking of Cole, now that he is signed, sealed and delivered to Cajun country can someone shed some light on why his Mom evidently would NOT want him at MSU? I don't understand why any Mother would want to send her kids several hours further away from home just so he wouldn't go to MSU. I don't need gory details just trying to understand a very odd situation of a legacy kid that from all I can tell, grew up cheering for MSU.
    Good, solid question. Its a WTF is up with that.