Page 75 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 3018

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    If Harris had that many options, do you think he?d be signing with Kansas tomorrow?

His evaluation is a joke. Harris is a safety at the next level but only weighs 170 lbs. The evaluations on 247 this year were especially poor.

Harris is about an 83-84 caliber player
    I take it you're implying that his offer list is not full of actually commitable offers. If so, duly noted. And in short time I'll be joining the cult of Moorhead and blindly accepting all of his actions. It's just that the size argument I don't quite understand. Can he not put on 20 pounds of muscle at MSU? 5'11" is a fine height for a secondary player.

vCash
    Devon Robinson made first team All-State and had a wonderful year. Think he had 15.5 sacks. Ole Miss also offered him. He has the size, speed, and work ethic to be what Nick James should've been.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    I take it you're implying that his offer list is not full of actually commitable offers. If so, duly noted. And in short time I'll be joining the cult of Moorhead and blindly accepting all of his actions. It's just that the size argument I don't quite understand. Can he not put on 20 pounds of muscle at MSU? 5'11" is a fine height for a secondary player.

Can he keep his speed with 20 lbs of muscle? Does he have the frame to add 20 pounds? Can he tackle well enough for a safety? How are his hips and foot work now?

There's a lot more to it to it then just adding weight. Pegues, Perk all added weight and it slowed them down. Halloway couldn't gain weight and it would've for sure slowed him down.

vCash
    Harris has a narrow frame.

Many people think that everyone can add 20lbs but your can’t out grow your frame. Harris has a very slender frame and lacks the physicality to play safety while lacking the outright foot speed and loseness of hips to play corner

vCash
    Harris has a narrow frame.

Many people think that everyone can add 20lbs but your can’t out grow your frame. Harris has a very slender frame and lacks the physicality to play safety while lacking the outright foot speed and loseness of hips to play corner
    Certainly I don't know the details of his recruitment or evaluation. But if what you're saying is true, just throw the dude on hands team and enjoy our increased pipeline into Landry-Walker. We take a lot of scrubs every year. This one wouldn't hurt.

vCash
    Certainly I don't know the details of his recruitment or evaluation. But if what you're saying is true, just throw the dude on hands team and enjoy our increased pipeline into Landry-Walker. We take a lot of scrubs every year. This one wouldn't hurt.
    If we had unlimited scholarships I’d agree. Heck we could also throw in Jalen Reed from Olive Branch.

We only have 20-21 spots though and would have to drop a better player than Harris in order to take him.

vCash
    I Seent It said it last week. We have something brewing with a player that will be a NSD decision.
    And he is a take no matter what the numbers are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I Seent It said it last week. We have something brewing with a player that will be a NSD decision.
    As in tomorrow or in Feb?

Just a little hint? ..... maybe

vCash
    Offense or defense? Don't want you to have to give away to much.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    If we don't take Harris, I know that'll be a decision that is talked about for a long time. So I guess I'll just another voice shouting into the void, but here goes nothing.

We have a DT committed, Devon Robinson, who has an awful offer list. Only other P5 school to offer him is Vandy and Louisville. At a position that we historically recruit very well. In all likelihood, this guy probably will not contribute to the football team in any meaningful way. That isn't to say that he's a bad player or person. Just that most schools clearly think he's not even close to SEC-caliber.

Meanwhile, you have 4* Corione Harris. A secondary player who maybe projects as a safety at the next level. Who has an offer list that includes every major football powerhouse, SEC and non-SEC. And because we have too many safeties, we've told him to look around? But not Robinson? When we have a 5* DL coming in on the next class? And we struggle horribly in the secondary?

Perhaps I don't understand recruiting. But from the perspective of an ignoramus like me, this seems like a terrible decision. Can we just take one less no-name, no-offer-list player in the next class?
    Devon Robinson was the Auto Zone Liberty Bowl/Touchdown Club Memphis Defensive Player of the Year. Also TN 1st team All State. He finished the season with 72 tackles, 15.5 SACKS, 21.5 tackles for loss, and was credited with 28 QB hurries. You should pick a different hill to die on for Corione instead of Devon.

vCash
    Feb and Defesne..

I will let I Seen It drop the name it’s about to get out anyway..
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 12-19-2017 at 02:12 PM.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    If Harris had that many options, do you think he?d be signing with Kansas tomorrow?

His evaluation is a joke. Harris is a safety at the next level but only weighs 170 lbs. The evaluations on 247 this year were especially poor.

Harris is about an 83-84 caliber player
    I don't agree with this either. Corione is a good player. Not elite but not some scrub you're portraying him to be. In most years he'd be a take but just not this year. I wouldn't take him at safety over Shawn Preston or Myles Mason. I won't be surprised if he goes to Kansas & does well. We just don't have the room.

vCash
    Feb and Defesne..

I will let I Seen It drop the name it’s about to get out anyway..
    Thanks, appreciate the info.

vCash
    Im assuming he is an out of state player

vCash
    Fair response. To be clear: this is an excellent class and our staff has done a phenomenal job of keeping them all together. We'll land some players that are excellent takes. I'm really happy. We certainly need an OT.

It isn't that I don't trust JoeMo's staff, it's just that I also trust LSU, Auburn, Florida, Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, and West Virginia--all programs at or above our caliber who've offered him, in their ability to evaluate talent.

And given the plethora of bottom-of-the-barrel players we take every year, I just don't understand how we can't make the numbers work for Harris.
    But that's just it, he doesn't have an offer from any of those. None.

vCash
    He's overrated. That's what folks are saying. Why do we need an overrated player? At best, he's a redshirt safety prospect. We've got a stud safety coming in this class already and we don't have spots available for lesser guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    But that's just it, he doesn't have an offer from any of those. None.

247 says Texas, A&M, Arky, and Oklahoma offered him. Are those not correct? I don't know how accurate the 247 offer list is, but if it is there's a lot of good P5 schools that think he can play

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    247 says Texas, A&M, Arky, and Oklahoma offered him. Are those not correct? I don't know how accurate the 247 offer list is, but if it is there's a lot of good P5 schools that think he can play
    I'm sure he was offered as a junior from a lot of schools, but they are not committable offers right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    He could not commit to any of those. So yeah, there is no offer

vCash
    Ok. Y’all have peaked my interest on this surprise player. Feel free to share anytime what’s going on with him if at all possible please. If he’s a “take no matter what,” this is what gets me excited about recruiting.