Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mcain31 View Post
    Jett Johnson just committed
    Good news. Anyone seen him play?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Good news. Anyone seen him play?
    I have but I wasn't watching anyone specifically. I do know Tupelo's D was pretty salty the night I saw them play, VERY salty.

vCash
    Not surprising here with JJ .. Good pick up and he is a SEC caliber player.

vCash
    Any news about a WR find?

vCash
    Marcus Murphy is back in the boat. That's good news.

vCash
    What's the more informed guys thoughts on Charles Cameron out of Co-Lin via Morton. He was unblockable in HS and did a really damn good job at continuing that last year on a D full of SEC guys. I think he had 6 sacks as a DT and was voted team captain today. I somewhat know the kid so I'm pulling for him. He has 9 offers with one being from Louisville. He's extremely raw and has a huge ceiling. Really good, kind, humble kid who just wants to get a chance at a big time school.

vCash
    I went over to 247 and saw we have a crystal ball for Charles Robinson (mid-3* TE out of Illinois). I was curious because we already have the kid from Starkville committed, so I watched his hudl.. And this dude is a freak athlete. Great body control. He looks to be a good find if it works out.

vCash
    I like Charles Robinson...wouldn't say he's a freak athlete though. Super raw, but that's no big deal. Wants to break every tackle like Bear did, which I love. Bellamy may have been the first contact with him. Cool to see Illini insider CB'ed him to us though.

He's much more twitchy than Gardner. Not sure why we took his pledge so early. He's not overly athletic and for as big as he is he doesn't knock the crap out of DB's like he should. Maybe he improves as a senior.

vCash
    I see where we have "officially" offered Kendrell Scurry from TN. Independence HS. Former UT commit and teammate of soon to arrive Dawg Landon Guidry. Kid is a play maker with speed to burn. Hope we can SOMEHOW reel him in. I think Butch could be on the hot seat by end of the season and if so, maybe we can sway the kid. IYOK, thoughts? Any chance?

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TStationDawg View Post
    I see where we have "officially" offered Kendrell Scurry from TN. Independence HS. Former UT commit and teammate of soon to arrive Dawg Landon Guidry. Kid is a play maker with speed to burn. Hope we can SOMEHOW reel him in. I think Butch could be on the hot seat by end of the season and if so, maybe we can sway the kid. IYOK, thoughts? Any chance?
    It's still so early with him we'll see. He's a 2019 recruit.

vCash
    true- but we NEED to be on him now bc he's open especially with upheaval at UT. THAT kid could truly be our Harvin in Dan's offense. We haven't had a wide out with his speed yet- maybe ever. Put him with our RB's and QB's of the future- talk about dynamic!!!

vCash
    Charles Robinson looks really good, right now. He will lose that shake when he gains 20 or 30 lbs, though.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Sorry for the delay in updates to OP. I'll get it updated in the next day or so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Sorry for the delay in updates to OP. I'll get it updated in the next day or so.
    According to Steve, Kwatravious Johnson was offered by Bama and LSU. We have to keep him in the fold, but good on Hev for getting out in front on this one. If we crush the guy for every misstep then we need to recognize whenever he does something good. Again, we have to keep Johnson, but we're sitting pretty at the moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMSDog View Post
    According to Steve, Kwatravious Johnson was offered by Bama and LSU. We have to keep him in the fold, but good on Hev for getting out in front on this one. If we crush the guy for every misstep then we need to recognize whenever he does something good. Again, we have to keep Johnson, but we're sitting pretty at the moment.
    One more pro-Hev post and you'll be booted**

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMSDog View Post
    We'll see if he sticks to the "I'm 100% committed and won't even want to talk to anyone else" statement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    We'll see if he sticks to the "I'm 100% committed and won't even want to talk to anyone else" statement.
    I doubt that sticks, but hopefully the commitment does.

On another note, this is the guy that was said to be too big and slow on here when he committed.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I doubt that sticks, but hopefully the commitment does.

On another note, this is the guy that was said to be too big and slow on here when he committed.
    Yes it is. I think with the LSU and Bama offer, people will finally start to see Dolla Bill's true currency.

vCash
    KJ is committed that's the first step. And it's a big one. I wouldn't worry with this one too much.. DJ Looney being here is HUGE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    KJ is committed that's the first step. And it's a big one. I wouldn't worry with this one too much.. DJ Looney being here is HUGE.
    Great news. Lord knows we need him