Page 53 of 151 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 3018

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

Banned
    vCash
    I'm starting to worry about covering receivers now. Shoop needs to be all over this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Harris will play CB.
    We might not have a choice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    I'm starting to worry about covering receivers now. Shoop needs to be all over this.
    Not telling you what to believe, but I don?t quite understand the logic of how losing a 3 star, 86 composite ranked DB that would?ve been a true FR, effects your feeling about how we will cover WRs?

While Bishop may turn out to be a good player, your talking about 2-3 years down the road at best before he would be a factor. Heck the previous Arkansas staff barely recruited him. Now, maybe they were bad evaluators, but still, if Bishop was absolutely legit, it would?ve been obvious and Arkansas would?ve recruited him early.

In fact, I feel somewhat misled as I feel that I was led to believe that we beat Arkansas for an Arkansas recruit while coming to realize that Arkansas didn?t heavily recruit him.

You should be worried about how we will cover WRs, but you should’ve been worried with or without Bishop. He was irrelevant in that scenario and imo shouldn’t have made you feel better or worse.

We needed to get the Savion Smith from Gulf Coast but he decided to sell out and take the easy way
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 12-11-2017 at 08:20 AM.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Not telling you what to believe, but I don?t quite understand the logic of how losing a 3 star, 86 composite ranked DB that would?ve been a true FR, effects your feeling about how we will cover WRs?

While Bishop may turn out to be a good player, your talking about 2-3 years down the road at best before he would be a factor. Heck the previous Arkansas staff barely recruited him. Now, maybe they were bad evaluators, but still, if Bishop was absolutely legit, it would?ve been obvious and Arkansas would?ve recruited him early.

In fact, I feel somewhat misled as I feel that I was led to believe that we beat Arkansas for an Arkansas recruit while coming to realize that Arkansas didn?t heavily recruit him.
    Bishop is legit & would've been in the rotation as a RS Fr. Has more upside than Dantzler. It hurts no way to sugarcoat it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Bishop is legit & would've been in the rotation as a RS Fr. Has more upside than Dantzler. It hurts no way to sugarcoat it.
    I don’t see that on the film.

Why didn’t Arkansas heavily recruit him early on?

vCash
    Shotgun, why do you feel the need to run this kid in the ground? We obviously wanted him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Shotgun, why do you feel the need to run this kid in the ground? We obviously wanted him.
    Yes. I wanted him as well.

It’s just the illogical freak outs that I’m fighting against. Many people blow things out of proportion one way and I’m just trying to lay out the facts to draw the perspective back to reality.

I’m not running him into the ground. But why are others illogically building up a player they have never seen play? I have seen him live. He’s a solid player, but the woo is us, whose gonna cover WRs posts are absolutley ridiculous with this caliber of player.

vCash
    Yes. I wanted him as well.

It’s just the illogical freak outs that I’m fighting against. Many people blow things out of proportion one way and I’m just trying to lay out the facts to draw the perspective back to reality.

I’m not running him into the ground. But why are others illogically building up a player they have never seen play? I have seen him live. He’s a solid player, but the woo is us, whose gonna cover WRs posts are absolutley ridiculous with this caliber of player.
    No matter how good he is or is not, we have no replacement right now, so we are not better off today than we were yesterday

vCash
    I don’t see that on the film.

Why didn’t Arkansas heavily recruit him early on?
    I don't know what you're not seeing.

They did recruit him heavily & thought he was close to committing several times early.

vCash
    No matter how good he is or is not, we have no replacement right now, so we are not better off today than we were yesterday
    Agree but we will find a replacement either in next year’s class or in JUCO. We’ll be fine. Not losing Charles Woodson here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I don't know what you're not seeing.

They did recruit him heavily & thought he was close to committing several times early.
    And they just gave up on him?

If this is so, then why did he flip on a dime when Arkansas doesn’t even have a defensive staff yet?

vCash
    And they just gave up on him?

If this is so, then why did he flip on a dime when Arkansas doesn’t even have a defensive staff yet?
    Maybe Beliema isn't a good recruiter. Maybe he wanted to be at Arkansas but didn't like the defensive staff. Maybe he just came to MSU bc of TBuck & now he's gone. It's a # of reasons.

vCash
    Fact is, after next year we won't have hardly any cb's on the roster, good, great, bad, awful. Just a couple. Need way more than that. Bishop is a loss. Not a loss for 18 but a big loss down the road. That matters

vCash
    Riddle me this:

Why is whop composite 160 overall, but 247 has him as 493?

That's a big discrepancy, and I know he's a lot better than 493 in country.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Fact is, after next year we won't have hardly any cb's on the roster, good, great, bad, awful. Just a couple. Need way more than that. Bishop is a loss. Not a loss for 18 but a big loss down the road. That matters
    Down the road? Can we not get JUCO corners?
    No Signature

vCash
    Carvin to Florida. Do we expect to lose any others to Florida?

vCash
    CB and oline numbers are beginning to be an issue, right?

vCash
    Yep. Down the road it's a real quandary. No way to spin it.

vCash
    Carvin to Florida. Do we expect to lose any others to Florida?
    Says who? Not saying he doesn’t end up there. We have an in home with him tonight.
    I know Dad is pro MSU for sure.

vCash
    This will be about the 3rd class in a row we've said this, right? At least for the OL.