Page 4 of 151 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    What's the latest feel on Shaq Wiggins? Is this a sure thing, or do we have to ride out a selection process?

vCash
    Evan McPherson commits! Highly rated kicker with offers from Miami, army, Kentucky, Nebraska, Iowa state, and Rutgers. Yay!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Evan McPherson commits! Highly rated kicker with offers from Miami, army, Kentucky, Nebraska, Iowa state, and Rutgers. Yay!
    http://kohlskicking.com/profile/evan-mcpherson/19251/

vCash
    Hope Hev doesn't try him at center****

vCash
    Any reason why a Texas writer CB'd Malik Heath to fsu? Found that kinda random and thus concerning

vCash
    Any reason why a Texas writer CB'd Malik Heath to fsu? Found that kinda random and thus concerning
    If we can't sell it to receivers now, we never will. But I wouldn't put anything into what a Texas writer says about any Mississippi player, concerning recruiting.

vCash
    According to CBs, looks like jalen mayden will be our QB in this class. Is he our #1 or are trying to get someone else more?

vCash
    According to CBs, looks like jalen mayden will be our QB in this class. Is he our #1 or are trying to get someone else more?
    He is #1 on the board. Would be a huge pick up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    If we can't sell it to receivers now, we never will. But I wouldn't put anything into what a Texas writer says about any Mississippi player, concerning recruiting.
    Don't read into anything anyone says or for that matter what Malik tweets out or says.
    Let him go thru the process and come Feb he will be in maroon.

vCash
    I will put this out there...
    Long shot but we could have a new addition when fall practice kicks off..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Someone besides Shaq Wiggins? I would hope Shaq isnt a log shot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    Someone besides Shaq Wiggins? I would hope Shaq isnt a log shot
    If so I hope its a WR. We need a big time WR even much worse than we need a big time CB IMO. We are just WAY short on playmakers at wideout.

vCash
    At least give a position or something. Or are you talking about the 10th assistant?

vCash
    It's a WR ..
    I would say Shaq is > 50/50 he ends up in Starkville . He is far from a long shot

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    It's a WR ..
    I would say Shaq is > 50/50 he ends up in Starkville . He is far from a long shot
    It's the longest of shots like from the other free throw line long shot but every now & again those shots go in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    It's the longest of shots like from the other free throw line long shot but every now & again those shots go in.
    Remote chance based on his interest or our interest?

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Remote chance based on his interest or our interest?
    The interest is there on both sides it's off the field. Nothing to be considered as negative.

vCash
    I think Shaq is definitely interested or I'm sure he would not go to the trouble to appeal the restrictions on his transfer. I think we would be very interested. I just hope his momma is not one of our coaches ex!***

Senior Member PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE's Avatar
    vCash
    I have no qualms w/ holding off Key's redshirt after watching Mayden's tape.

Obviously what sticks out is he'd be the fastest & most athletic QB Dan's had. Doesn't show the deep ball that Fitz or Key has, but can put it on the money on short to mid routes. Not to say he doesn't have a deep ball but his explosive pass plays are all busted coverage deep throws or underneath routes that break. Looks like he plays in a system similar to ours, & has experience behind a leaky OL so he should transition quickly. Not sure if he has the same interception rate but he reminds me of a more compact Marcus Mariota.

Still think Key would be the more effective short yardage runner but w/ Mayden's wheels I have to imagine he sees some package plays early to try & bust a big one. Put him in on our 5 wide QB draw & he's a missed tackle away from 6 anywhere on the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    I think Shaq is definitely interested or I'm sure he would not go to the trouble to appeal the restrictions on his transfer. I think we would be very interested. I just hope his momma is not one of our coaches ex!***
    So, we're not getting Shaq now?