Page 38 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    the numbers have to work out, so yeah.
    We will make room if need be.. and you can check Mason off my list of who we close with..

vCash
    I actually don’t disagree that safety could be a spot where we might trim some fat, just don’t necessarily think that 4 safeties is an absurd number with what we have on campus.

vCash
    True or False: If he was going to qualify, Patterson would be our top WR commit. I say True and it's not that close.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    True or False: If he was going to qualify, Patterson would be our top WR commit. I say True and it's not that close.
    False

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    False
    Who is?

vCash
    Whop was sporting the LSU gloves in his HS game tonight. I fully see him as a guy we only have a shot with if LSU chooses not to take him...not bc of gloves,but bc it's hard to pull Louisiana guys that LSU wants at all. What's their WR situation look like, & does it look like they can steal the UF commit they're after? Will Whop be a take for them regardless?

Also, who would you compare him to on the college level? What kind of WR do people expect him to be in the SEC?
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 10-26-2017 at 11:17 PM.

vCash
    Who is?
    uh Malik Heath maybe?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Whop was sporting the LSU gloves in his HS game tonight. I fully see him as a guy we only have a shot with if LSU chooses not to take him...not bc of gloves,but bc it's hard to pull Louisiana guys that LSU wants at all. What's their WR situation look like, & does it look like they can steal the UF commit they're after? Will Whop be a take for them regardless?

Also, who would you compare him to on the college level? What kind of WR do people expect him to be in the SEC?
    If he meant what he said when he said that he wants to go not necessarily where he's wanted but where he is needed then it obviously should be us but you know how that goes

vCash

LSU already has a couple of WR's committed in this class, but O is the guy that helped develop Ole Miss's recruiting strategy so no telling how many they take.

I expect him to be a solid outside go to WR in college who could be used in the slot at times. I would compare him in style to Dez Bryant.

vCash
    I think it would be between him and Heath but there is no doubt that Patterson would be a 4 star if his grades were better. I think Heath and Patterson are a little bit different though. Heath is more of an outside guy and Patterson I could see him playing in the slot for us kind of like Fred Ross.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    uh Malik Heath maybe?
    You clearly haven't watched them play.

vCash
    You clearly haven't watched them play.
    If (when) we close with Whop and have Guidry , look for Malik to redshirt.
    I'm not saying Patterson will be better and who knows if he will even be here after JC, but MH dominated at BDC and he has that WR swag needed.
    MH needs to get his body SEC ready

Whop is SEC ready day one.

vCash

The fact he visited OM (while not interested in OM) the weekend LSU was in town is telling to me. I agree... LSU bound if they really want him.

Caveat... I have zero inside info and no recruiting subscriptions. I am just reading tea leaves, and I suck at that too haha

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    The fact he visited OM (while not interested in OM) the weekend LSU was in town is telling to me. I agree... LSU bound if they really want him.

Caveat... I have zero inside info and no recruiting subscriptions. I am just reading tea leaves, and I suck at that too haha
    He didn't visit OM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    He didn't visit OM
    There you go. Told ya to not listen to me haha

I feel a little bit better about him then

vCash

I understand what you're saying but he's been committed to LSU before so it's not like he's waiting on LSU to show him love or give him the go ahead to commit. They'd take him right now if he wanted to commit.

Whop reminds me of Alshon Jeffrey not quite as fast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    If (when) we close with Whop and have Guidry , look for Malik to redshirt.
    I'm not saying Patterson will be better and who knows if he will even be here after JC, but MH dominated at BDC and he has that WR swag needed.
    MH needs to get his body SEC ready

Whop is SEC ready day one.
    Malik has the talent to play day 1 no question. His only question is his maturity. Being around this group of guys could & should help him. If his mind is right & he's focused he's going to play.

vCash
    I think LSU is trying to flip a receiver that's currently committed to Florida? That should be doable.

vCash
    When I look at our team, I see 2 areas where we need to upgrade next season to go from really good to elite: WRs and CBs. I like what we are doing with our WRs in this class and it could get better with Whop. How good are our CBs in this class though? I really feel if we can sign a will Redmond type that we can be a serious sec contender next season. Do we have that guy committed? Is Brian Cole a CB or safety?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    When I look at our team, I see 2 areas where we need to upgrade next season to go from really good to elite: WRs and CBs. I like what we are doing with our WRs in this class and it could get better with Whop. How good are our CBs in this class though? I really feel if we can sign a will Redmond type that we can be a serious sec contender next season. Do we have that guy committed? Is Brian Cole a CB or safety?
    LaDarrius Bishop is the Will Redmond of the group.