Page 23 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

Senior Member Perpetual Underachiever's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    If we land Guidry in addition to Heath, I will feel good about this WR class.....but what do we have left as OL targets? That's the one position left that we need to close on with this class. Dolla Bill is an anchor, will we have anybody else to go with him?
    I was wondering the same thing with our class filling up. Who are our top OL targets for 2018, other than Johnson and McDowell who are committed? I really hope we find at least 2 more that will actually make it to campus.

vCash
    Hell what about that OL that decommited from Mississippi, Blaine Scott, 6'4" 310 lbs 247 composite .8822. Maybe we should be talking to him. He's a W. Virginia lean, but if he committed to UM, he might consider us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    Since we have 22 commits and only four obvious takes other than OL (Williams, Crumedy, Guidry and Whop), I would hope the whole staff is combing the country for OLs.
    You're saying that we have accepted 18 commits in August that are questionable as to whether we should take them?

I've got to think you're being a little over pessimistic there.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    You're saying that we have accepted 18 commits in August that are questionable as to whether we should take them?

I think you misread his comment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post

He's saying we have 22 now plus 4 more targets that are takes regardless of what happens

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    ...but if he committed to UM, he might consider us.
    So what are you implying exactly?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    So what are you implying exactly?
    I think he was simply implying that Scott doesn't mind moving from Ohio all the way to Mississippi to play football. Given that fact, he might consider the extra 1.5 hours to Starkville. I don't think he was implying anything more than that.

Kid would be a great pickup for us when we are in desperation mode for OL. I'd love to see us recruit him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    I think he was simply implying that Scott doesn't mind moving from Ohio all the way to Mississippi to play football. Given that fact, he might consider the extra 1.5 hours to Starkville. I don't think he was implying anything more than that.

Kid would be a great pickup for us when we are in desperation mode for OL. I'd love to see us recruit him.
    I knew he wasn't I was just kidding. But I had to do it.

vCash
    Haha, fair enough. Didn't want anyone to think he was comparing us to those depraved televangelists up north.

vCash
    Thanks man, I glad your really not mad, I worry about people I can't see.
    Rep given!

vCash
    Figure LSU will be our big weekend but are we expecting anyone this weekend?

vCash
    Whop Top 7.
    I never say I told ya so. But come signing day I will say I ****ing told ya so...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Whop Top 7.
    I never say I told ya so. But come signing day I will say I ****ing told ya so...
    Love it, keep doing work Ari.

Whop has to know that he would be an immediate contributor at MSU, and he'd have 1000x better QBs throwing to him than at LSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Whop Top 7.
    Who the hell did Ole Miss pay to get in that kid's top 7 with their current situation? How does that happen? Wake up, Whop

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    Love it, keep doing work Ari.

Whop has to know that he would be an immediate contributor at MSU, and he'd have 1000x better QBs throwing to him than at LSU.
    And he would know one of those QB's very, very well to say the least.

vCash
    I hope so. Whop was reportedly at LSU last week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Who the hell did Ole Miss pay to get in that kid's top 7 with their current situation? How does that happen? Wake up, Whop
    Orchestrated by Mullen. **

vCash
    Saw and spoke to Stephen Guidry at halftime under the stands on the West Side at the game today against Charleston Southern. He had a visitor's pass (?) on. Told him I had been reading about him and we would love to have him. He replied, "yes sir".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Saw and spoke to Stephen Guidry at halftime under the stands on the West Side at the game today against Charleston Southern. He had a visitor's pass (?) on. Told him I had been reading about him and we would love to have him. He replied, "yes sir".
    Don't talk to recruits

vCash
    Don't talk to recruits
    I think that's dumb advice. Talk to them and be friendly but obviously stop at that point.