Page 22 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    This is much more of a see Jeffery Simmons situation
    Yep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Based on the fact that most players who are initially rated high settle down to closer to their real rating as time goes on. See 5* Ashton Shumpert
    Like Chris Jones?

I would argue that we have numerous players in our current class that are underrated.

Lovett an 84? nah
    Mayden a 3 star? Nah
    Dollar Bill a low 4 star? Nah
    Malik Heath only a 92? Nah

vCash
    The only way he drops to a high or mid 4 is because he doesn't play this year ..
    Kids a 5 star talent so who cares.

vCash
    Was Shump really a 5* at some point? I missed that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hailmari View Post
    I think one of the sites had him a 5 star as a safety his junior year

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hailmari View Post
    Yes he was. He was rated very near to 100 junior year

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Like Chris Jones?

I would argue that we have numerous players in our current class that are underrated.

Lovett an 84? nah
    Mayden a 3 star? Nah
    Dollar Bill a low 4 star? Nah
    Malik Heath only a 92? Nah

True and they will have plenty of chances to prove if they are under rated. I don't think players should be rated as Juniors in HS. All that is is fluff to appease fans. Not to say some of them are justified in their rating but most will drop from their intitial rating.

vCash
    Montravious Richardson is going to JUCO

So basically, with Suggs having to RS and Cooper also going to JUCO, we recruited an academically ineligibile OL last year.

MSU football is committed to excellence in every way.

vCash
    We need to sign about 10 OL this class

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    We need to sign about 10 OL this class
    LOL

What's happened in OL recruiting over the past 2 classes is incompetence. No other way to explain it.

Dollar Bill is a GREAT get, but he's the only one we have committed in 2018.

Between Siddiq Charles, Cole Smith, Cushenberry, Shawn Rawlings, Javon Patterson, Lashely, Etc, it's been one kick in the nuts after another at that position and no one seems to be taking pride in making it better.

It's like we play musical chairs at that position every year and always get left without a seat.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 08-20-2017 at 09:11 PM.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    LOL

What's happened in OL recruiting over the past 2 classes is incompetence. No other way to explain it.

Between Siddiq Charles, Cole Smith, Cushenberry, Shawn Rawlings, Javon Patterson, Lashely, Etc, it's been one kick in the nuts after another at that position and no one seems to be taking pride in making it better.

It's like we play musical chairs at that position every year and always get left without a seat.
    Griffin McDowell is committed

vCash
    LOL

I've noticed a common theme between many of them- "Mississippi State just wasn't talking to me or seemed to be as interested in me as __." Now that's not every case to be clear but I have a feeling that probably explains Lashley and Cole Smith to a degree- and those two should have been slam dunks for a below average recruiter. Charles actually was one of the guys that said my quote when he committed to LSU.

A guy like Dolla Bill who is a legit 4-5 star guy that wants to go to MSU and completely shut down his recruitment is rare and is a once every ten years kind of thing.

vCash
    LOL

Maybe we became overconfident after giving up a mere 16 sacks to Alabama and OM in 2015.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYDawg View Post
    Maybe we became overconfident after giving up a mere 16 sacks to Alabama and OM in 2015.***
    Then followed that up by only giving up 18 total last season (2nd in sec)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Then followed that up by only giving up 18 total last season (2nd in sec)
    It helps having the fastest white boy in the country playing QB.

vCash
    It helps having the fastest white boy in the country playing QB.
    I guess dak was too immobile

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I guess dak was too immobile
    Dak is solid runner, but Fitz is elite.

There really isn't much comparison between their running ability

vCash
    Dak is solid runner, but Fitz is elite.

There really isn't much comparison between their running ability
    Dak is great at evading the rush, though. We didn't go from Peyton Manning to Michael Vick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I've noticed a common theme between many of them- "Mississippi State just wasn't talking to me or seemed to be as interested in me as __." Now that's not every case to be clear but I have a feeling that probably explains Lashley and Cole Smith to a degree- and those two should have been slam dunks for a below average recruiter. Charles actually was one of the guys that said my quote when he committed to LSU.

A guy like Dolla Bill who is a legit 4-5 star guy that wants to go to MSU and completely shut down his recruitment is rare and is a once every ten years kind of thing.
    I would not be surprised AT ALL if he doesn't sign with us. I've just completely come to expect it at this point.. I never once thought Lashley was going anywhere besides MSU then Hev screwed that one up. I wouldn't put anything past him.. we should be calling Kwatrivous every single day acting like he isn't committed and treating him like the 5 star recruit at our biggest position of need that he is.

vCash
    Since we have 22 commits and only four obvious takes other than OL (Williams, Crumedy, Guidry and Whop), I would hope the whole staff is combing the country for OLs.