Page 150 of 151 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151 LastLast
Results 2,981 to 3,000 of 3018

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah just look at Beckwith, Dillon Day, Elgton was a last minute guy, Senior wasn't highly rated, I know there's some others as well. OL are harder to evaluate than QB's. We have had as many 4 star OL busts as we have had lowly rated guys become very good players. That's why I like the fact we went ahead and signed these guys. You just never know with OL and even if they don't become all SEC they give us depth, they can play scout team and special teams.
    I know a guy who was a 5* OG out of the State of South Carolina and signed with Clemson. He never started and he said that there were three star guys who did start in front of him.
    This was several years ago.

vCash
    “I would like to thank Ole Mis for the sweet Nike backpack with the 10k inside on my official few weeks ago. Would also like to thank them for the blonde whore that was so nice to me , even tho I asked for a Brunette. But I have decided to take my talents to College Station.” Charles Strong

vCash
    ......as a side note I found out what happened with T. Sampson, the 4* OL from Detroit. While on his OV to Syracuse he was involved in a he said/she said assault type of situation. My understanding is that the young lady is not pursuing any retribution against him but it (obviously) sullied his recruiting.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Doggie_Style;883812]......as a side note I found out what happened with T. Sampson, the 4* OL from Detroit. While on his OV to Syracuse he was involved in a he said/she said assault type of situation. My understanding is that the young lady is not pursuing any retribution against him but it (obviously) sullied his recruiting

Looks like he is Western Michigan bound.

Not saying we would be interested later , but he shouldn’t sign now and wait to later in the year.
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 02-07-2018 at 05:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    “I would like to thank Ole Mis for the sweet Nike backpack with the 10k inside on my official few weeks ago. Would also like to thank them for the blonde whore that was so nice to me , even tho I asked for a Brunette. But I have decided to take my talents to College Station.” Charles Strong
    These have been cracking me up all day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    You all might disagree but if there are decent 3 star guys out of starkville we have to take them. Just to keep other schools from being able to say we have a guy who passed on Miss State that is from that town. You don't think Ole Miss hasn't used that with Brown? I can hear it now "Brown was a life long state fan and he turned them down"
    You are absolutely correct. Jack. We cannot allow the enemy into come in our backdoor. We need to sign every good SHS athlete that's out their. Losing AJ was very embarrassing!

vCash
    2 more OLs is good. I know they were not the first choice but they want to be here and we all know we have had 2 stars and below turn into dang good offensive linemen. They want to be here so that means they are gonna work hard to develop. Glad to have them on board!
    You know Commerce I'd rather have 2 Mississippi boys that fulfilled their dreams by playing for our school, than all the half-baked reaches from Kansas that will be a real good somebody that everybody forgets. Cheers my friend, Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    You know Commerce I'd rather have 2 Mississippi boys that fulfilled their dreams by playing for our school, than all the half-baked reaches from Kansas that will be a real good somebody that everybody forgets. Cheers my friend, Hail State!
    Amen and amen! Happy for these young men for living their dreams! So glad Coach Joe is signing these young men and not just passing. Proud to be a Dawg!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I know a guy who was a 5* OG out of the State of South Carolina and signed with Clemson. He never started and he said that there were three star guys who did start in front of him.
    This was several years ago.
    Good point.

vCash
    Yeah just look at Beckwith, Dillon Day, Elgton was a last minute guy, Senior wasn't highly rated, I know there's some others as well. OL are harder to evaluate than QB's. We have had as many 4 star OL busts as we have had lowly rated guys become very good players. That's why I like the fact we went ahead and signed these guys. You just never know with OL and even if they don't become all SEC they give us depth, they can play scout team and special teams.
    Didn't we flip Dillon Day from ULL (or maybe LT) on signing day with a late offer? Was thinking about that given the Kam Jones situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Didn't we flip Dillon Day from ULL (or maybe LT) on signing day with a late offer? Was thinking about that given the Kam Jones situation.
    I think it was la tech but not 100% sure. That one turned out pretty good .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    It was La Tech, he's from W. Monroe where I live.

vCash
    Can someone explain this crap to me? NC State is ranked 26th on 24/7 overall in the team rankings. They have 23 commits with an average ranking of an 86.66. We also have 23 commits, but our average ranking is an 87.21. But we are ranked 1 spot behind them.

That makes no sense to me at all. They also have a 2 star committed to them. All of ours are 4 or 3 stars. I know it's only one spot, but I would be very interested to see how they can have a lower average rating, the same number of commits, and be ranked ahead of us.

I'm gonna guess some garbage algorithm does it.....

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    It was La Tech, he's from W. Monroe where I live.
    Ever met any of the Robertsons? We dropped by the store on our way to jacktown once.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Can someone explain this crap to me? NC State is ranked 26th on 24/7 overall in the team rankings. They have 23 commits with an average ranking of an 86.66. We also have 23 commits, but our average ranking is an 87.21. But we are ranked 1 spot behind them.

That makes no sense to me at all. They also have a 2 star committed to them. All of ours are 4 or 3 stars. I know it's only one spot, but I would be very interested to see how they can have a lower average rating, the same number of commits, and be ranked ahead of us.

I'm gonna guess some garbage algorithm does it.....
    Each position is weighted due to importance.

For example: 96 rated QB Matt Corrall is worth 11 points for OM’s recruiting class while a 96 rated safety may only be worth 7 or 8 points.

I haven’t looked at NC State’s class, but they must have a slightly different position construct that they signed that the alogoritum found more appealing.

It’s certainly debatable but I think we would all agree there should be weight since building a winning football team is likely easier with a 5 star QB than a 5 star LB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Each position is weighted due to importance.

For example: 96 rated QB Matt Corrall is worth 11 points for OM’s recruiting class while a 96 rated safety may only be worth 7 or 8 points.

I haven’t looked at NC State’s class, but they must have a slightly different position construct that they signed that the alogoritum found more appealing.

It’s certainly debatable but I think we would all agree there should be weight since building a winning football team is likely easier with a 5 star QB than a 5 star LB
    In theory, I agree. If you look at how well 5* QBs pan out though, it is around 50% or it was from 2006-2016

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    In theory, I agree. If you look at how well 5* QBs pan out though, it is around 50% or it was from 2006-2016
    All recruiting rankings are is a theory.

Plus, the QB/LB example is just an extreme. OL May be slightly more weighted than CBs. It’s an entire system of weights

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Bo just mentioned that Guidry may miss the spring due to a minor surgery. True?

vCash
    Coach JoeMo stated that Guidry will be able to do some things in the spring -- limited, but not miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Ever met any of the Robertsons? We dropped by the store on our way to jacktown once.
    Sure, been to church with them.