Page 131 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 3018

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Here's the thing when you make recruiting a priority you can do both.

I agree, but why didn't you do that when you were our HC? (grins)
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 02-04-2018 at 02:15 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    It is impossible if we recruit like the previous staff....The state of Georgia has 45 4 star or better players, which is more than the states of MS, Alabama and LA combined.....

Some of the previous staff didn't even know what recruiting was. It definitely wasn't "relentless effort" in recruiting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Some of the previous staff didn't even know what recruiting was. It definitely wasn't "relentless effort" in recruiting.
    Hey! You try training for a marathon and buying fancy tennis shoes while recruiting.**

Joe is all in on coaching football and MSU. And that includes recruiting too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Hey! You try training for a marathon and buying fancy tennis shoes while recruiting.**

Excellent!

vCash
    Any good news this weekend?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

Well Brule is still in the mix, so that 0-4 ARK info never materialized. Did it?

vCash
    Well Brule is still in the mix, so that 0-4 ARK info never materialized. Did it?
    So brule to state?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

I like JoeMo's priorities. .....................................I guess some coaches just have to make a fashion statement when they are running in a marathon or go to Orlando to buy groceries.***

vCash
    Latest on Robinson?

Checking out his profile, I see he is a .79 rated player. He is still the 6th best player in his state. The state of Kansas has 1 composite 4*. That is crazy to me. What Kansas state has accomplished is really impressive with that lack of in-state HS talent
    They have done it with Jucos. Heavy into them.

vCash
    No great news that?s for sure...we are still in the hunt for Brule and Lovett but Lovett really liked Florida. He said the academic facilities were much better there and he would be comfortable going there. I don?t think we can get our hopes up for Wednesday.....the real test is 2019

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    No great news that?s for sure...we are still in the hunt for Brule and Lovett but Lovett really liked Florida. He said the academic facilities were much better there and he would be comfortable going there. I don?t think we can get our hopes up for Wednesday.....the real test is 2019
    Lovett ain’t going to Florida dude

vCash
    So brule to state?

I highly doubt that anyone is going to say where he is going right now. Different people have diffirent ideas, and some have more information than others, but I imagine if a decision has been made for certain it would be his family that knows right now. If somebody posted that he was going to MSU now, it probably would be like Shotgun's breaking news that he was committing to ARK the other night, with no factual information to substantiate that he was. It would have sounded more intelligent if he had said he heard or he thinks, but to say 0-4 to ARK was uncalled for and then some of ya'll run with this and go ballisitc in major meltdown mode. All I was saying was that he didn't committ to ARK the other night, and MSU is still in the picture. Let's just see how it plays out on signing day before we hold up the white flag.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 02-04-2018 at 01:22 PM.

vCash

I think people normally visit FL for vacation or fun. I believe this would be the case in this situation. Well, we aren't getting Eddie Smith unless Bama loses his fax number, but otherwise the sky is not necessarily falling, so let's just see how it plays out.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 02-04-2018 at 01:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Lovett ain’t going to Florida dude
    Yeah I don?t see him going to uf. Be us or unm. Sounds like we are in good shape with him though.

vCash
    Agree that the real test is in 2019 but we have to get more than 15 SEC worthy players out of this class so what happens Wednesday is still a big deal. Like I've said before, overall I really like JoMo and for the most part this staff, however, the one red flag to me is how little of a bump we seem to be getting on these official visits. On the surface we don't seem to be making a significant impression on a lot of these guys based on the vibe I'm getting from their reactions afterward.

vCash
    I think people normally visit FL for vacation or fun. I believe this would be the case in this situation. Well, we aren't getting Eddie Smith unless Bama loses his fax number, but otherwise the sky is not necessarily falling, so let's just see how it plays out.
    The fact that Smith hasn't committed to Bama makes me think he's still on the back-up board. They've done this plenty off times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Agree that the real test is in 2019 but we have to get more than 15 SEC worthy players out of this class so what happens Wednesday is still a big deal. Like I've said before, overall I really like JoMo and for the most part this staff, however, the one red flag to me is how little of a bump we seem to be getting on these official visits. On the surface we don't seem to be making a significant impression on a lot of these guys based on the vibe I'm getting from their reactions afterward.
    Why? Do we have the atmosphere of a funeral home?

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Brule is saying all the right things. We'll see if we can keep those feelings for 3 days. Lovett isn't going to Florida. Feel good about him being at MSU. Reed will be at MSU. Now we neee to sign 2 OL out of Jalan Robinson, Cameron Young, or Kameron Jones.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    The fact that Smith hasn't committed to Bama makes me think he's still on the back-up board. They've done this plenty off times.
    Saban could offer him a grayshirt and he'd go.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Saban could offer him a grayshirt and he'd go.
    No he wouldn't & he's said since December he wasn't announcing until signing day. Him not committing yet has 0 to do with whether he has an offer or not. He does.