Page 123 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 3018

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawglb View Post
    So, maybe I missed it, but is Smith a definite to Bama? Or is everyone just assuming he is going to Bama since he posted a video of Saban dancing?
    He's Bama bound. Saban ****ed us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Man, I didn't realize you were the type of poster to spin this much. We are having a bad run and it's ok to admit it. And I don't think it's indicative of the type of recruiters this staff can be.
    There's no spin. Notice I said I was unhappy the coaches didn't bring in some new names. But other than a couple of guys, there's little difference in what we're getting (assuming we finish with the guys left). This wasn't a super year in state either. Next year is the big year in state with a lot of highly rated guys. Had Mullen stayed, we'd have kept McDowell and maybe the kicker, but that's about it. Only disappointment I can find is that our new coaches couldn't come up with new names to plug in better. But Mullen's net was so small, he left no margin for error with recruiting too.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 02-01-2018 at 04:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Well you just lost all credibility
    How?? We passed them and we are flipping out over a couple 3 stars. Our fan base is going nuts over losing guys that won?t make decent impacts on our roster for at least 3 years.

We passed them. Get over it. If Brule comes back in good. If he doesn?t ok. But let?s not act like we lost anyone that was immediate impact. He?s RS next year and maybe 2 deep as a RS freshman but probably not. I?m just floored some of us have gotten so bad at handling recruiting. It makes us look damned foolish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    How?? We passed them and we are flipping out over a couple 3 stars. Our fan base is going nuts over losing guys that won?t make decent impacts on our roster for at least 3 years.

We passed them. Get over it. If Brule comes back in good. If he doesn?t ok. But let?s not act like we lost anyone that was immediate impact. He?s RS next year and maybe 2 deep as a RS freshman but probably not. I?m just floored some of us have gotten so bad at handling recruiting. It makes us look damned foolish.
    Fitz and dak were a couple 3* too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Fitz was a 2*

vCash

are you serious?? This is the worst response yet. There's always next year, huh?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    are you serious?? This is the worst response yet. There's always next year, huh?
    Actually yes there is. Would I like another OL? Yes. A good CB? Yes. Another safety? Sure. But to say Moorhead isn’t impressing or to say we should be upset is just dumb. It’s just dumb.

Arkansas and Tennessee list their coaches because they sucked. We lost our coach because we were really good. You think kids might want to go somewhere where they can play early? If you think that’s not a factor then I can’t help you.

Additionally, your response was worse. All you did was say my response sucked. You provided nothing in the way of opinion or fact other than losing a few middle tier guys as to why we should be pissed at Moorhead and be flipping out right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Fitz was a 2*
    Yep. And there were plenty on here that were unsure about him. Same with Jenkins. Point is that we are making snap judgements on a couple 18 year olds being why we should hang Moorhead now after only 2 months on the job. We have a week left. We don’t know what it’s going to look like yet. Ink isn’t dry just yet.

All I’m saying is let it play out before we start raining fire and brimstone on Moorhead’s office.

vCash
    I'm not drinking anything. I'm just being an objective observer of what's happened so far. And so far Moorhead kept together a class that everyone said wouldn't be kept together. So we missed on a few OL. So Arkansas took a few of our guys. I literally don't care. This class, on paper, got us the best group of skill position high schoolers we've signed in our history. That can't be questioned.

We are going to miss on some. And guess what. If you didn't expect that you are naive. We still think we should get every 3 star or low end 4 star we go after because we are so awesome. Well guess what. Every other school has that same mentality and things they can sell. We missed on OL this go around. That's not new. But if you can't tell Moorhead is doing things differently you just don't get it or don't follow on social media, which quite a few on here don't do.

So no I'm not drinking kool aid. I'm just watching what we are doing differently. And it's a lot.
    Good post!

vCash
    Yep. And there were plenty on here that were unsure about him. Same with Jenkins. Point is that we are making snap judgements on a couple 18 year olds being why we should hang Moorhead now after only 2 months on the job. We have a week left. We don’t know what it’s going to look like yet. Ink isn’t dry just yet.

All I’m saying is let it play out before we start raining fire and brimstone on Moorhead’s office.
    Fitz was an early commit. He was not a late reach

vCash
    Fitz was an early commit. He was not a late reach
    I didn’t know 24/7 differentiated between late reaches and early signees. Good thing you didn’t judge Dillon Day the same way

vCash
    Oh man this thread. had we gotten Mason, Winkle, Smith, etc everyone on here would be saying "see how good at recruiting JoMo is? This class has no duds in it at all- all these guys JoMo got have the chance to play. That's how you build a championship team! JoMo definitely going to clean up next year, look at all these SEC battles he's winning!". And you know what? I, vv83, and 7 would probably agree. In fact, anyone saying the sample size was too small to say JoMo is a great recruiter would be called out for always looking for the negatives...

But now that those guys ALL flipped/chose other SEC teams, suddenly they are no better than the next guy on the board/who cares about the bottom of the class anyway?/none of them would have ever contributed/there's always some reason they went elsewhere that takes the blame off the staff/(my personal favorite) "I literally don't care" about the flips because we've already gotten some good players at the top of the class. And anyone drawing conclusions about the staffs' recruiting abilities is jumping the gun and "melting". Hell, anyone even saying the current trend is less than ideal are being attacked.

The hypocrisy is unreal. I agree it's too early to draw conclusions... but to act like these guys don't matter is insane. of course they matter. To act like the next guy on the board is jut as good is insane. To act like loosing recruiting battles doesn't even hint at a possible problem is insane. To act like good WR's means we don't need a secondary is insane. And that's what I'm seeing here, when we all know the "reactionary' logic being used against the new staff is the EXACT same logic wed use to pump them up if these battles were going our way. I'm pretty new here, but these mental hoops to some of you are jumping through makes me concerned for your safety

vCash
    Like its been said, Moorhead and some of the other coaches that A. Havent recruited at all in years or B. Havent recruited the state of MS have to build relationships and get the connections.

The last few weeks arent worth a total melt but its not good either. I personally was expecting this and was really pleasantly surprised on signing day that we kept it together.

I think its a pretty top heavy class and if we dont keep Lovett its even more so. If we sign Lovett its a B+ class for me.

McDowell and Winkel were hard to lose but we got one of the best OL in the class in Dolla Bill. Dont let anyone tell you different, his ceiling is 1st round NFL type

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Oh man this thread. had we gotten Mason, Winkle, Smith, etc everyone on here would be saying "see how good at recruiting JoMo is? This class has no duds in it at all- all these guys JoMo got have the chance to play. That's how you build a championship team! JoMo definitely going to clean up next year, look at all these SEC battles he's winning!". And you know what? I, vv83, and 7 would probably agree. In fact, anyone saying the sample size was too small to say JoMo is a great recruiter would be called out for always looking for the negatives...

But now that those guys ALL flipped/chose other SEC teams, suddenly they are no better than the next guy on the board/who cares about the bottom of the class anyway?/none of them would have ever contributed/there's always some reason they went elsewhere that takes the blame off the staff/(my personal favorite) "I literally don't care" about the flips because we've already gotten some good players at the top of the class. And anyone drawing conclusions about the staffs' recruiting abilities is jumping the gun and "melting". Hell, anyone even saying the current trend is less than ideal are being attacked.

The hypocrisy is unreal. I agree it's too early to draw conclusions... but to act like these guys don't matter is insane. of course they matter. To act like the next guy on the board is jut as good is insane. To act like loosing recruiting battles doesn't even hint at a possible problem is insane. To act like good WR's means we don't need a secondary is insane. And that's what I'm seeing here, when we all know the "reactionary' logic being used against the new staff is the EXACT same logic wed use to pump them up if these battles were going our way. I'm pretty new here, but these mental hoops to some of you are jumping through makes me concerned for your safety
    Wrong. Not everyone acts like that. Most do, but that doesn’t justify it being the correct way. I’ve been consistent from the beginning that they are decent pieces on paper. But they are the same whether or not they are with us or somewhere else. Decent pieces. If we get them ok. If not ok. They don’t seem to be game changers. It’s not like we lost a recruiting battle to LSU on these guys. We lost to arkansas where 2 of these kids had prior relationships.

Additionally, every D1 football program loses recruiting battles. Every single one of them. So according to your statement every D1 football program has a possible problem. I just choose to wait and see. As much as it pains most of you, you don’t know what’s really going on. What angles are being worked. Unless you pay for it. And even then you don’t know everything. Sh’Mar was a total pull out of left field that none of you knew about. So just stop. Give up the melt and wait until Wednesday. I can promise you it’s not only a better way to live, but I try and make it a habit to not judge things until they are finished because I don’t always know the plans of the people involved in the process I’m observing.

vCash
    Annnnddd they didn't play for 3 years. You're proving his point.

vCash
    Please. ALL people please just chill! HELL ya'll are raising my blood pressure just reading all this back and forth crap!
    Hell boys ya'll don't have a damn thing to do with this except to give your opinion. I know what my opinion is worth and I suspect that yours is worth about the same.
    Hell everybody is fighting over players that got left out the first go round, it gives them importance, that before they would not have. Hell in prior years, most of these guys would be trying get on with their next best team because they got left out by their dream team. And $hit we're fighting over players that didn't get chosen in December.
    I know this is a unrealistic hope, but can we just place our trust in our new staff and give them a chance? I know all ya'll are control freaks, but just let up and support our school! Hail State!

vCash
    Additionally, every D1 football program loses recruiting battles. Every single one of them. So according to your statement every D1 football program has a possible problem.
    Every other D1 program is also WINNING some recruiting battles too... Saban might miss on 4 5 stars before he lands one, but he's still landing one. Since the early signing period we've lost 3 commits, and 3 battles for non-commits. And we've gotten 0, despite Arky (a worse program than us) being the key opponent. It's like basketball- you're fine giving up 65 points if you score enough to win, it's when you lose every game that it's a problem. Nobody says "Every BB team gives up points!" when you're in an 0-5 stretch, which is what we are in in recruiting.

[QUOTE]As much as it pains most of you, you don?t know what?s really going on. What angles are being worked. Unless you pay for it. And even then you don?t know everything. Sh?Mar was a total pull out of left field that none of you knew about.[QUOTE]

We don't need to know the details of the process, all we need to know are the results. I don't know the ins and out so of Kirby's recruiting, but I can see from the results that they must be good. I don't know the ins and out of Stoops' recruiting, but I can see from the results he's not elite at it. i don't know the ins and out of basketball, but I can tell from the stats that Eli Wright is not a great player. I'm not even saying JoMo has a problem, I'm just pointing out here that your logic (you don't know details so can't coment on the results) is flawed.

So just stop. Give up the melt and wait until Wednesday. I can promise you it?s not only a better way to live, but I try and make it a habit to not judge things until they are finished because I don?t always know the plans of the people involved in the process I?m observing.
    There it is again, talking about "melting". I am getting close to melting, but it's not at our recruiting, it's at this board that can't take even reasonable criticism of the new staff. Is it possible to say "things aren't going good, hope they get better" without it being melting? That's all I've seen from 7 and vv58 yet both of them have been accused of melting. If things were going good nobody would be stopping those who were overreacting about how great JoMo was.

Nobody is saying the staff can' recruit. Nobody is saying the class will suck. Nobody is saying there's 100% no chance of a signing day miracle that really helps the class. 7 and vv58 and I are not shotgun, who always craps on everything; if things turn around we will acknowledge it. What we ARE saying is that currently, at this moment, things are not going well, and the class is suffering for it. How much these players specifically really affect things is up for debate, but I can't understand why it's so wrong to acknowledge the FACT that we are currently getting our ass kicked, which we are. I hope we flip 8 SEC comits and will scream for joy, but until then I'll be honest about the current situation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Annnnddd they didn't play for 3 years. You're proving his point.
    ...some of us want to win in 3 years... and to do that, you have to have recruiting success now. Regardless of when it catches up to you (in a good or bad way), recruiting always will, and some of us would like to win later as well as now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    ...some of us want to win in 3 years... and to do that, you have to have recruiting success now. Regardless of when it catches up to you (in a good or bad way), recruiting always will, and some of us would like to win later as well as now
    We have no idea how the current coaching staff will handle players and playing time. These 3 players people are melting over will not cause us to be a losing team. However, the top 15 players already signed this year will be reasons we succeed in the imminent future and beyond.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    We have no idea how the current coaching staff will handle players and playing time. These 3 players people are melting over will not cause us to be a losing team. However, the top 15 players already signed this year will be reasons we succeed in the imminent future and beyond.
    Truth.